gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
677296 Posts in 27332 Topics by 4045 Members - Latest Member: iggy October 01, 2022, 06:13:25 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Jim V., MyDrKnowsItKeepsMeCalm, BJL, mtaber and 10 Guests are viewing this topic.       « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sail On Sailor box set  (Read 4783 times)
Bedroom Tapes
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Yesterday at 09:30:54 PM »

Does anyone know when the latest issue of ESQ (Carl & the Passions) goes on sale?
thetojo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Today at 02:46:46 AM »

Does anyone know when the latest issue of ESQ (Carl & the Passions) goes on sale?

I got that one a week or 2 ago, and I'm in Australia  - about a week's postage from the U.S.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: Today at 03:36:28 AM »

And finally we get the studio recording of "We got Love". I really like that one, especially that pedal steel intro! As you certainly know, an early pressing of "Holland" featuring that song was released in Germany, yet the recording was never used again on any sets afaik.
« Last Edit: Today at 03:41:29 AM by Rocker » Logged

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Awesoman
Smiley Smile Associate

Disagreements? Work 'em out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: Today at 10:20:21 AM »

Looking forward to this one!  Also quite buzzed that "Carry Me Home" finally gets a proper official release. 

And if you don't know where you're going
Any road will take you there
Bedroom Tapes
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: Today at 11:11:45 AM »

I got that one a week or 2 ago, and I'm in Australia  - about a week's postage from the U.S.

Website still says out of stock/can't add to cart.  🤔
Peadar 'Big Dinner' O'Driscoll
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: Today at 02:15:08 PM »

And finally we get the studio recording of "We got Love". I really like that one, especially that pedal steel intro! As you certainly know, an early pressing of "Holland" featuring that song was released in Germany, yet the recording was never used again on any sets afaik.

I think Analogue Productions used it on a vinyl release. Found it here https://www.discogs.com/release/8957660-The-Beach-Boys-Holland

Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Today at 02:59:36 PM »

The amazon situation is a disaster. No surprise there

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: Today at 04:15:31 PM »

The amazon situation is a disaster. No surprise there

Same thing happened with FF last year from memory. Others can chime in but it would not surprise me if these sets have an initial run planned then up it as demand warrants.
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx