gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680750 Posts in 27614 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 02:06:03 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Updated Capitol-site !!!!!!  (Read 4781 times)
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« on: July 26, 2006, 03:38:40 AM »

Check out http://www.thebeachboys.com
I love it ! Awesome ! Alan, follow it !  Grin Wink

Thanks to Peter for telling....
« Last Edit: July 26, 2006, 03:40:46 AM by Rocker » Logged

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Ken.W
Honored Guest

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2006, 03:50:09 AM »

EXCELLENT!!!!

Everything about the layout ( .. and navigation) is 1st class!!

Top work, fellas!!

"You're entitled to protect your copyright. You're not entitled to control the Internet," - Federal Court Justice Murray Wilcox
Beach Boy
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got tears in the morning

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2006, 04:13:57 AM »

No problem  Smiley

Late at night
When the whole world's sleeping
I dream of you
Close to you I feel your sweet heart beating
I dream of you
Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got the Beach Boys, my friends got the Stones

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2006, 05:29:00 AM »

wow, this is pretty sweet. 3D

We would like to record under an atmosphere of calmness. - Brian Wilson
--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1IgXT3xFdU
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2006, 05:31:14 AM »

great site indeed. terrific lauoyt, nice pictures too.
but some Capitol-employees should really update their BB-knowledge...just reading the timeline: Holland, BB '69 (Live In London), 15BO & Love You released by Caribou? BB '85 by Session Records? Dennis' death is not forgotten, but no mentioning of Carl's passing? Shame! Less surprising is the fact of not even mentioning Blondie & Ricky...o well...you can't expect it to be 100%. They at least did their very best. I hope they'll add a few nice videoclips. Check out the California Dreamin' clip (if you hadn't seen it on youtube yet) !

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
CosmicDancer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2006, 05:31:30 AM »

Anyone else notice that on the timeline, we go from the release of Still Cruisin' in 1989 to the GV box set in 1993 totally skipping over Summer in Paradise?!?!  Even the band doesn't want to own up to that travesty!  Can't say I blame them.

The site looks awesome though.  I am hoping more good things are on the way!

The Un-Funny Alliance:  Are you not "good at being funny"?  Join us today in our mission to make the world a less funny place one "easy" fart joke at a time!
shelter
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2006, 05:49:01 AM »

Anyone else notice that on the timeline, we go from the release of Still Cruisin' in 1989 to the GV box set in 1993 totally skipping over Summer in Paradise?!?!  Even the band doesn't want to own up to that travesty!  Can't say I blame them.

The site looks awesome though.  I am hoping more good things are on the way!

I guess making the timeline for the 80s/90s/00s was harder cause Keith Badman's book doesn't cover those decades...  Grin
Beach Boy
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got tears in the morning

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2006, 06:56:36 AM »

they don't mention ktsa  Angry

Late at night
When the whole world's sleeping
I dream of you
Close to you I feel your sweet heart beating
I dream of you
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2006, 07:13:25 AM »

they don't mention ktsa  Angry

They're just going for quality.... Grin Grin

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2006, 07:14:00 AM »

Anyone else notice that on the timeline, we go from the release of Still Cruisin' in 1989 to the GV box set in 1993 totally skipping over Summer in Paradise?!?!  Even the band doesn't want to own up to that travesty!  Can't say I blame them.

The site looks awesome though.  I am hoping more good things are on the way!

I guess making the timeline for the 80s/90s/00s was harder cause Keith Badman's book doesn't cover those decades...  Grin

[koff]

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
shelter
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2006, 07:35:08 AM »

Anyone else notice that on the timeline, we go from the release of Still Cruisin' in 1989 to the GV box set in 1993 totally skipping over Summer in Paradise?!?!  Even the band doesn't want to own up to that travesty!  Can't say I blame them.

The site looks awesome though.  I am hoping more good things are on the way!

[koff]

Should I blame it on my limited knowledge of internet slang or on the fact that English isn't my first language that I seriously don't have a clue what you mean by that?
matt-zeus
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2006, 07:56:10 AM »

He might be referring to timelines elsewhere...

Disco, disco, discotheque mama...

My music: http://www.thebrigadier.co.uk
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2006, 07:57:24 AM »

He might be referring to timelines elsewhere...

angel

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
humanoidboogie
Smiley Smile Associate

deer

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2006, 08:22:32 AM »

Sheer class! I just wish they'd skip the intro music. I HATE background music on web pages...

(And it doesn't help getting redirected to Amazon.com when clicking 'music off', either!)
« Last Edit: July 26, 2006, 08:26:56 AM by humanoidboogie » Logged
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2006, 12:53:16 PM »

Arrgh!!!! It's a @&#%& Flash site -- it's pretty tho, I'll give them that. But it's being a Flash site guarantees I'll visit it less often than I would if it was a regular html site.

And it's got music playing when you enter that you can't turn off immediately. Even when it's music I love, a site's music playing over the music I'm already listening to just doesn't work. (In this case, it was the Beach Boys playing over the Beach Boys.) I think you should be given the option of turning music ON when entering the site, not the other way around.

Quote from: humanoidboogie
(And it doesn't help getting redirected to Amazon.com when clicking 'music off', either!)

The Amazon redirect is just plain tacky, imho. (And I like Amazon, use them a lot.) BTW, if you try to enter the site to escape the music playing before the "music off" link loads, you wind up on Amazon with the music still playing. Double grrrr!
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2006, 03:37:07 PM »

I *really* don't like the layout.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got the Beach Boys, my friends got the Stones

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2006, 07:35:35 AM »

I dig it, however I am still not happy about the 10 minute load time of the pet sounds blog Sad

We would like to record under an atmosphere of calmness. - Brian Wilson
--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1IgXT3xFdU
Awesoman
Smiley Smile Associate

Disagreements? Work 'em out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2006, 08:48:12 PM »

Check out http://www.thebeachboys.com
I love it ! Awesome ! Alan, follow it !  Grin Wink

The site is pretty nice but I'm a little confused.  Is this the site that was to be www.beachboyscentral.com?  Or is that a seperate website altogether?

And if you don't know where you're going
Any road will take you there
Charles LePage @ ComicList
Chairman Of The Board

Hit me with your pet shark.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2006, 02:22:00 AM »

As I understand, www.beachboyscentral.com is the official BB web site run by BRI.  http://thebeachboys.com/ is an official BB web site run by Capitol.  I think. 

"quiet here, no one got crap to say?" - bringahorseinhere
Dugan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2006, 03:14:01 PM »

Arrgh!!!! It's a @&#%& Flash site -- it's pretty tho, I'll give them that. But it's being a Flash site guarantees I'll visit it less often than I would if it was a regular html site.

And it's got music playing when you enter that you can't turn off immediately. Even when it's music I love, a site's music playing over the music I'm already listening to just doesn't work. (In this case, it was the Beach Boys playing over the Beach Boys.) I think you should be given the option of turning music ON when entering the site, not the other way around.

Does your computer have a Mute Button or a Pop up blocker?  If so just use one.   Smiley
« Last Edit: July 31, 2006, 03:15:48 PM by Dugan » Logged
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2006, 04:38:41 PM »

Quote from: Dugan
Does your computer have a Mute Button or a Pop up blocker?  If so just use one.   Smiley

No, it doesn't -- it's not new enough to have a mute button or run a browser with popup blockers. (Usually, I just turn javascript off.) I can manually close the popup on the Capitol site before it starts playing, but I can't do that with the PS splash page.

A mute button wouldn't help if I'm already listening to iTunes or a CD on my computer -- I only want to selectively stop the intruding music. 

It seems very weird to be complaining about BB music being played, especially for me. It's really that I wish to choose to play music on a site, not have it imposed over what I'm already playing. Opt-in instead of opt-out.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx