gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 10:59:57 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Beatles Survivor #2 Winner: ALL MY LOVING  (Read 26993 times)
wantsomecorn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 12, 2016, 08:25:08 PM »

You've Really Got a Hold on Me

On our way through this "backstage" maze, Bruce joined up with the group and said hello, singing "It Never Rains in Southern California" and joking with some of the older ladies. I'm not sure if they knew he was a Beach Boy or simply an enthusiastic elderly gay gentleman.
Gertie J.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 12, 2016, 08:57:26 PM »

You've Really Got a Hold on Me

dj, blogger, and hanger-on
bringahorseinhere?
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 12, 2016, 10:37:39 PM »

not a second time
feelsflow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 13, 2016, 06:39:07 AM »

"Devil In Her Heart"

...if you are honest - you have no idea where childhood ends and maturity begins.  It is all endless and all one.  ~ P.L. Travers        And, let's get this out of the way now, everything I post is my opinion.  ~ Will
Daniel Dolphin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 13, 2016, 11:45:35 AM »

Devil in her heart
Wrightfan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 13, 2016, 01:33:48 PM »

Not A Second Time
NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 16, 2016, 05:30:41 AM »

You've really Got a Hold of Me

"No White Flags." - Team Gleason

"(Brian) got into this really touching music with songs like 'In My Room', and 'Good Vibrations' was amazing. The melodies are so beautiful, almost perfect. I began to realize he was one of the most gifted writers of our generation." - Paul Simon

"The best thing you can be 'like' in music is yourself." Dr. John
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 17, 2016, 09:04:38 AM »

Here we go. The Beatles sophomore album.

With the Beatles is the second studio album by the English rock group the Beatles. It was released on 22 November 1963, on Parlophone, and was recorded four months after the band's debut Please Please Me. The album features eight original compositions (seven by Lennon–McCartney and "Don't Bother Me", George Harrison's first recorded solo composition and his first released on a Beatles album) and six covers (mostly of Motown, rock and roll, and R&B hits). The cover photograph was taken by the fashion photographer Robert Freeman, and it has been mimicked by several music groups over the years.

Sorry. I was unavailable the last few days. Looks close race this round but the loser being voted off no longer could hold it for 5 Smielrs.

As usual vote for your least favorite track. The track with the most votes gets voted off.

Tally on October 22.

It Won't Be Long
All I've Got To Do
All My Loving
Don't Bother Me
Please Mister Postman
Roll Over Beethoven
Hold Me Tight
Devil In Her Heart
Not A Second Time
Money (That's What I Want)

Following on the heels of the success of their first album, the Beatles were anxious to not rock the boat so they kept the general formula that seemed to work so well on Please Please Me. Though they took more time to record it.

Round#1 Little Child September 27
Round#2 I Wanna Be Your Man October 5
Round#3 'Till There Was You October 10
Round#4 You Really Got A Hold On Me October 17

My first pick is an easy one. Sort of. I think Hold Me Tight is probably the weakest Lennon/McCartney song in the entire Beatles oeuvre. However, George Harrison's first attempt at song writing isn't exactly a shining moment... But which to vote off?

Ultimately, Hold Me Tight is fun. The hand claps give it energy and I kind of dig that galloping rhythm. Whereas Don't Bother Me is heavy. It has some interesting guitar work. But Harrison's vocal and overdubs are pretty messy.

I'll  STILL vote Don't Bother Me.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 17, 2016, 09:08:28 AM »

Cool, serves it right. This round - "All I've got to do".

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 17, 2016, 09:14:02 AM »

Once again, Devil In Her Heart

bummerinparadise
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: October 17, 2016, 02:25:51 PM »

Please Mr. Postman
Daniel Dolphin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 17, 2016, 03:56:04 PM »

Devil in her heart
bluesno1fann
« Reply #62 on: October 17, 2016, 04:20:22 PM »

Roll Over Beethoven
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 17, 2016, 05:56:12 PM »

Devil in her Heart
jiggy22
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: October 18, 2016, 07:59:08 AM »

Devil in her Heart

Do happy happy happy Mission Pak singing sound!

My blog, where I post my original Beach Boys mixes and whatnot:
http://www.jiggy22.blogspot.com
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 21, 2016, 05:22:17 AM »

The loser is "Devil" this round. After it, can we go with my plan, pixletwin? Posters don't join, many tracks left.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 21, 2016, 09:59:30 AM »

Whats the hurry?  Roll Eyes

Tally is tomorrow.
feelsflow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 21, 2016, 02:31:32 PM »

Whats the hurry?  Roll Eyes

I never hurry.  We have all the time in the world.

I'm gonna stick that dagger a bit deeper this round.  She'll die soon.  Cause she has "The Devil in Her Heart"->;
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             .

...if you are honest - you have no idea where childhood ends and maturity begins.  It is all endless and all one.  ~ P.L. Travers        And, let's get this out of the way now, everything I post is my opinion.  ~ Will
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 21, 2016, 04:34:15 PM »

2pixletwin: I know it's tomorrow, just reminding about my plan (& you agreed). There are still many tracks left. One track at a time is very slow & not many people join.

B.E.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 22, 2016, 09:54:14 AM »

Roll Over Beethoven

2pixletwin: I know it's tomorrow, just reminding about my plan (& you agreed). There are still many tracks left. One track at a time is very slow & not many people join.

I think the first few rounds of an album could allow for 2-3 songs being voted off at once. Just to get the least favorites out of the way and speed things up. Especially for the White Album and Past Masters. Beyond that I think it should remain one song per round. If people still want to speed it up beyond that, then simply shorten the window from 5-7 days per round to 3-4 days. Most of the active participants vote within 2-3 days. Those are just my unsolicited thoughts. Whatever, I'll always participate in these threads.

Every wave is new until it breaks.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 22, 2016, 05:22:37 PM »

I think the first few rounds of an album could allow for 2-3 songs being voted off at once. Just to get the least favorites out of the way and speed things up. Especially for the White Album and Past Masters. Beyond that I think it should remain one song per round. If people still want to speed it up beyond that, then simply shorten the window from 5-7 days per round to 3-4 days. Most of the active participants vote within 2-3 days. Those are just my unsolicited thoughts. Whatever, I'll always participate in these threads.
You read brain. My plan was roughly the same but you added good point about shortening the window due to posters voting 1st 2-3 days.

pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 22, 2016, 05:58:31 PM »

Here we go. The Beatles sophomore album.

With the Beatles is the second studio album by the English rock group the Beatles. It was released on 22 November 1963, on Parlophone, and was recorded four months after the band's debut Please Please Me. The album features eight original compositions (seven by Lennon–McCartney and "Don't Bother Me", George Harrison's first recorded solo composition and his first released on a Beatles album) and six covers (mostly of Motown, rock and roll, and R&B hits). The cover photograph was taken by the fashion photographer Robert Freeman, and it has been mimicked by several music groups over the years.

4 votes on various other songs couldn't stop the 5 vote juggernaight that was Devil In Her Heart. In her heart, no more.

As usual vote for your least favorite track. The track with the most votes gets voted off.

I will shorten the voting span to 2 days. So tally will be on the 25th.

It Won't Be Long
All I've Got To Do
All My Loving
Don't Bother Me
Please Mister Postman
Roll Over Beethoven
Hold Me Tight
Not A Second Time
Money (That's What I Want)

Following on the heels of the success of their first album, the Beatles were anxious to not rock the boat so they kept the general formula that seemed to work so well on Please Please Me. Though they took more time to record it.

Round#1 Little Child September 27
Round#2 I Wanna Be Your Man October 5
Round#3 'Till There Was You October 10
Round#4 You Really Got A Hold On Me October 17
Round#5 Devil In Her Heart October 22

My first pick is an easy one. Sort of. I think Hold Me Tight is probably the weakest Lennon/McCartney song in the entire Beatles oeuvre. However, George Harrison's first attempt at song writing isn't exactly a shining moment... But which to vote off?

Ultimately, Hold Me Tight is fun. The hand claps give it energy and I kind of dig that galloping rhythm. Whereas Don't Bother Me is heavy. It has some interesting guitar work. But Harrison's vocal and overdubs are pretty messy.

I'll  STILL vote Don't Bother Me.
bringahorseinhere?
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 22, 2016, 06:18:57 PM »

not a second time
bluesno1fann
« Reply #73 on: October 22, 2016, 06:38:02 PM »

Roll Over Beethoven
bringahorseinhere?
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 22, 2016, 07:15:11 PM »

all my loving and please mr postman are the best tunes on this record, if they go i'll be deeply depressed.
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx