gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680753 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 20, 2024, 08:39:03 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Whatever Happened To The "Made In California" Sessionogrophy?  (Read 4788 times)
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: September 19, 2016, 11:38:57 AM »

I know I am not alone in this. When "Made In California" came out the promised sessionogrophy was one of things I was looking forward to the most.

Whatever happened to this? Did it materialize and I missed it?

Help me cman, you're our only hope!

Huh
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2016, 11:58:21 AM »

Holy crap! I was waiting so long, so excited for it. And I guess finally at some point I just totally forgot. Shoot pixle, now I'm mad you brought it up and reminded me!

Hopefully it comes at some point! Please c-man, we beg you!
SloopJohnB
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2016, 02:03:33 PM »

Same here. I was really looking forward to reading the sessionography, in my mind it was to be an integral part of Made In California. And then I read it was delayed... And then everyone stopped talking about it so I just assumed we would never be able to see it, much like Beach Boys Central.

I don't know where, but their music sends me there
Pleasure Island!!!!!!! and a slice of cheese pizza.
wantsomecorn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2016, 08:04:04 PM »

I'm sure it's only been delayed because Craig is trying to give us the best product possible... although it's been hard waiting this long for sure.

Maybe you could give us a sneak peek, C-man?  Wink

On our way through this "backstage" maze, Bruce joined up with the group and said hello, singing "It Never Rains in Southern California" and joking with some of the older ladies. I'm not sure if they knew he was a Beach Boy or simply an enthusiastic elderly gay gentleman.
jiggy22
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2016, 10:31:01 PM »

It's in the same location that the "Just an Imitation" tape reels are  Wink

Do happy happy happy Mission Pak singing sound!

My blog, where I post my original Beach Boys mixes and whatnot:
http://www.jiggy22.blogspot.com
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2016, 06:53:28 AM »

I'm sure it's only been delayed because Craig is trying to give us the best product possible... although it's been hard waiting this long for sure.

Maybe you could give us a sneak peek, C-man?  Wink

I understand. But if it hasn't been completed by now, I do not think it ever will...at least not as a supplement to MiC. Perhaps as it's own separate project...
branaa09
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2016, 08:55:11 PM »

I thought the same thing guys, where is it? Well every release from the Keep an Eye on Summer 1964 Sessions, Party! Sessions Uncut and Unplugged to the Pet Sounds 50th Anniversary stuff has Craig contributing Sessionography, most of which would have been also on Made In California. Makes sense that he may have decided to split up instead and release it on all of that. C-Man if you read this, keep up the good work!
kirt
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2016, 03:15:06 AM »

This board banned the C-man along with many others. There was a time when there were posters with inside knowledge of the Beach Boys world,but they've left or been banned.  So,all we're left with is Mike Love bashing and "What is Brian's favorite color?"

Good bye
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2016, 03:50:55 AM »

This board banned the C-man
Says who? His last visit was just yesterday. Before saying utter nonsense like this, maybe go back & check the poster's account? It would be such bizarre thing to ban c-man, he's one of the politest & nicest posters, not to mention informative.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
thorgil
Smiley Smile Associate

GREAT post, Rab!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2016, 05:33:04 AM »

This board banned the C-man along with many others. There was a time when there were posters with inside knowledge of the Beach Boys world,but they've left or been banned.  So,all we're left with is Mike Love bashing and "What is Brian's favorite color?"

Good bye
And still another bogus narrative about this board is that "there were posters with inside knowledge of the Beach Boys world, but they've left or been banned". Apart from being patently false, it's offensive to the several real insiders who post here.
And "Mike Love bashing" (or its shorter form "Mike bashing") must be the most abused phrase in the whole Internet.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 05:38:35 AM by thorgil » Logged

DIT, DIT, DIT, HEROES AND VILLAINS...
Bicyclerider
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2016, 06:12:21 AM »

This board banned the C-man along with many others. There was a time when there were posters with inside knowledge of the Beach Boys world,but they've left or been banned.  So,all we're left with is Mike Love bashing and "What is Brian's favorite color?"

Good bye

What is Brian's favorite color?
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2016, 06:15:26 AM »

This board banned the C-man along with many others. There was a time when there were posters with inside knowledge of the Beach Boys world,but they've left or been banned.  So,all we're left with is Mike Love bashing and "What is Brian's favorite color?"

Good bye

As others have pointed out, c-man hasn't been banned here.

Just as important, I would humbly suggest that you always have the option of actually posting here and helping to mold the conversation. Let me be *very* clear that I'm *not* attacking anyone for their post count or their choice to post or not post here. But I do think for me personally that there's a limit to how much I'm going to consider criticisms of the tone of the board from someone who has posted once in the last nine months (and that one post is the post above complaining about the board and trying to spread false information about who has been banned), and has been a member for TEN years but posts about six times per year.

Again, anyone can lurk or post once a year or once in their lifetime. But how about *contributing* to conversations and creating the conversations that you apparently feel are the conversations we *should* be having here? You don't like "Brian's favorite color" threads? Start one you think *should* be here.

Now, there are some folks who rarely post who, when they do, offer important information or great insights.

There have also been occasional lurkers who have come on the board with a rare post to politely try to help us understand why they feel intimidated or nervous posting, etc. That sometimes is a helpful insight.

But there has been the occasional lurker or inactive poster who complains vehemently about this board, and I occasionally feel like they treat the board like a cable TV channel or some thing that just exists that is supposed to entertain them rather than be an interactive thing. So again, I would simply suggest (and it is merely a suggestion) that you can always *contribute* to the conversation, start threads, etc.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 06:17:47 AM by HeyJude » Logged

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
Scaroline No
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2016, 06:22:46 AM »

Good bye

It's totally blue.
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2016, 07:00:52 AM »

Well said, HeyJude. The voice of reason.

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
thorgil
Smiley Smile Associate

GREAT post, Rab!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2016, 11:22:06 AM »

HeyJude is always the voice of reason here. Great song, too. Smiley
« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 11:24:20 AM by thorgil » Logged

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2016, 11:26:13 AM »

Good bye

C-Man has not been banned! What the heck have you been smoking to think that?!

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
thorgil
Smiley Smile Associate

GREAT post, Rab!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2016, 11:26:47 AM »

Good bye

It's totally blue.
Brian's favourite colour is E flat. Smiley

Scaroline No
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2016, 11:34:40 AM »

Good bye

It's totally blue.

YES. That's so good it should have been mine LOL Well played, thorgil!
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2016, 04:40:38 PM »

Brian's favorite color is cheese pizza.

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2016, 04:47:58 PM »

LOL

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
thorgil
Smiley Smile Associate

GREAT post, Rab!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2016, 05:41:45 PM »

Good bye

It's totally blue.

YES. That's so good it should have been mine LOL Well played, thorgil!
Thanks a lot!

Sound of Free
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2016, 06:50:05 PM »

I thought it was "Norbit."
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2016, 03:27:40 PM »

Liking the color blue is like liking a Phil Spector record.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
Scaroline No
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2016, 06:05:23 PM »

Liking the color blue is like liking a Phil Spector record.

LOL That's one way to dodge the "What is Brian's favourite colour" hand grenade  Razz
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx