gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 12:48:08 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mike opens up about Melinda.  (Read 65833 times)
Empire Of Love
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #250 on: September 17, 2016, 11:45:29 AM »

First off, I don't know why people get upset that Melinda gets involved in the business end of things. I think it's pretty clear that she is a member of Brian's management team.

It's pretty clear Melinda has a business interest, as in the legal entity is named after her, BriMel.  Also, why is this a problem for the pro-Mike crowd when a similar dissatisfaction is not expressed for the involvement of Mike's 28th wife?  And don't say because she never brings attention to herself like Melinda does.  Melinda doesn't bring attention to herself, Mike does.  And just as Brian has enough decency not to bad mouth Mike, so he doesn't bad mouth Mike's wife.

This all seems so easy to understand.  Mike complains about Brian being controlled for one and only one reason, he prefers to be the one controlling Brian.  If he can't have control he will slander others who he imagines are filling the role in Brian's life that he so desperately covets.  It isn't hard to see he is projecting, a common psychological tell.  He knows what he wants, control, and projects that onto Melinda.  Everyone who knows and loves Brian denies it.  Mike, AGD, and Beard are the only three singing another song (and SJS)...but it isn't hard to figure out its all coming from the same source, Mike.  Then someone sees a little dust up backstage between Brian and Melinda and they interpret it through the lense of Mike's narrative.  Next his cronies come to the message boards (and PMs, yes, I received one of the now-famous PMs) to preach his gospel - with the hope that if they say it often enough (Cam) or if sufficient confusion is interjected (FP) people will eventually believe it.  Those not in the know, such as myself (previously) and The Cincinnati Kid more recently, begin to believe it.  Those who know and love Brian set the record straight, there is no reason to doubt them (outside of the single source of Mike-the-most-envious-man-on-planet-earth-Love narrative), yet aforementioned people persist in the vain hope repetition and confusion will eventually trump reason and facts.

It is both obvious and nauseating.

EoL

Empire Of Love
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #251 on: September 17, 2016, 11:48:05 AM »

CD - yes we are all flawed but I am not sure it is our place to point out someone else's flaws..

If you are against people pointing out other people's flaws, I would hope you would say that Mike himself should take that to heart when he regularly points out Brian's flaws with his weight, his voice, his use of Autotune.

Come on CD - the use of autotune - during those C50 CD's - give me a break.  The Youtubes were better.  I am not pointing out personal flaws but technical flaws with technology that was probably unnecessary.  It is the same way people gripe about SIP and the technology used for that.    

So you excuse the Autotune comment. I take it that there is not a single thing that Mike could publicly say about Brian or Melinda that you'd quantify as pointing out their flaws, right? Oh right, you don't like hypotheticals.  Nothing Mike ever says about even Melinda Wilson is remotely of the nature of pointing out what he perceives as her flaws. Ha. Ha. Ha. What about Al supposedly being rude to subordinates? Isn't that Mike pointing out Al's flaw?

CD - let' not spin a yarn here. Get the book and see for yourself. 

You are making this personal, as to me. It is not personal.  I think this book has value, as I think Brian's book will have value to enlarge the history of The Beach Boys. Who else is left who can tell the story?

FP:  please stay on topic, your topic, Mike's book.  Brian's book isn't in Mike's book.  You've ruled out discussing anything and everything not in Mike's book in this read.  If you are going to spin us all in circles at least be consistent when so doing.

EoL

Empire Of Love
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #252 on: September 17, 2016, 11:50:31 AM »

Is there a difference as between the "nameless" interview and the book? Yes, there is.

Are you suggesting CBS fabricated the interview? What are you trying to say?
Are you?  Just get the book.

I'm going to come right out and say you're just trolling the board at this stage by asking "Are you?"
I believe you're dragging this board and this discussion down. Again.

Once again, the modus operandi appears to be to create acrimony and chaos in any thread related to Mike or his book in order to deflect legitimate discussion and criticism of Mike and his book.

I'm clearly indicating that it's highly unlikely CBS fabricated a Mike Love quote. So I guess you're suggesting CBS fabricated Mike's quote.

Is there no room to entertain the possibility of journalist sloppiness with an unsigned article?  Or, just speculation?  

Is this a tacit admission that the book and interview contain two different stories?

EoL

Empire Of Love
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #253 on: September 17, 2016, 11:58:09 AM »

Mods - Maybe in the sandbox or rules & guidelines, you can set up a thread to identify any bans or suspensions, leave it open for a bit if you feel commentary is appropriate. Lock it if not.
Then that won't become the topic here.

EOL - your suggestion above has already happened.

Late to the party.  Was years in the making.

EoL

The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: September 17, 2016, 12:00:03 PM »

First off, I don't know why people get upset that Melinda gets involved in the business end of things. I think it's pretty clear that she is a member of Brian's management team.

It's pretty clear Melinda has a business interest, as in the legal entity is named after her, BriMel.  Also, why is this a problem for the pro-Mike crowd when a similar dissatisfaction is not expressed for the involvement of Mike's 28th wife?  And don't say because she never brings attention to herself like Melinda does.  Melinda doesn't bring attention to herself, Mike does.  And just as Brian has enough decency not to bad mouth Mike, so he doesn't bad mouth Mike's wife.

This all seems so easy to understand.  Mike complains about Brian being controlled for one and only one reason, he prefers to be the one controlling Brian.  If he can't have control he will slander others who he imagines are filling the role in Brian's life that he so desperately covets.  It isn't hard to see he is projecting, a common psychological tell.  He knows what he wants, control, and projects that onto Melinda.  Everyone who knows and loves Brian denies it.  Mike, AGD, and Beard are the only three singing another song (and SJS)...but it isn't hard to figure out its all coming from the same source, Mike.  Then someone sees a little dust up backstage between Brian and Melinda and they interpret it through the lense of Mike's narrative.  Next his cronies come to the message boards (and PMs, yes, I received one of the now-famous PMs) to preach his gospel - with the hope that if they say it often enough (Cam) or if sufficient confusion is interjected (FP) people will eventually believe it.  Those not in the know, such as myself (previously) and The Cincinnati Kid more recently, begin to believe it.  Those who know and love Brian set the record straight, there is no reason to doubt them (outside of the single source of Mike-the-most-envious-man-on-planet-earth-Love narrative), yet aforementioned people persist in the vain hope repetition and confusion will eventually trump reason and facts.

It is both obvious and nauseating.

EoL

w00t! w00t! w00t!

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
GhostyTMRS
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: September 17, 2016, 12:09:27 PM »

I'm pro-Beach Boys, meaning if Brian puts out something I'll buy it, same with Mike, same with Al & Dave. Very few of us left, I reckon.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #256 on: September 17, 2016, 12:24:57 PM »

I'm pro-Beach Boys, meaning if Brian puts out something I'll buy it, same with Mike, same with Al & Dave. Very few of us left, I reckon.

I don't know about that. Although, yes, Brian is my musical hero and I'm a fan of his first, I am interested in everything they put out. In fact, the only one I'm *not* a fan of artistically is Bruce.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: September 17, 2016, 12:31:03 PM »

I don't know about that. Although, yes, Brian is my musical hero and I'm a fan of his first, I am interested in everything they put out. In fact, the only one I'm *not* a fan of artistically is Bruce.

I know Bruce is kind of a douche Billy, but have you ever heard Surfers Pajama Party? I think it's a great freakin' live album (not to mention that it's also Bruce's debut album). And "Don't Run Away" from his Bruce & Terry era is beautiful. And it's a Johnston/Love co-write.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #258 on: September 17, 2016, 12:38:26 PM »

Yeah, actually I have and wasn't that impressed. Just wasn't my thing.Granted, it's been a bit so maybe my opinion might change.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: September 17, 2016, 12:43:45 PM »

Yeah, to be honest I don't think there's a band in the world where I would buy everything every member put out. I consider the Beatles to be my favourite band but I'd rather get a great Left Banke compilation than get every single album Ringo ever put out. I guess if that means I'm not pro-Beatles, so be it. But I think you can be pro-music without having to purchase every single piece of music ever released.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #260 on: September 17, 2016, 12:46:22 PM »

I'm pretty much a completist.  Only stuff I'm not that familiar with is the Flame material.

GhostyTMRS
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: September 17, 2016, 12:55:41 PM »

The Beach Boys, whether together or solo, may not be for wverybody all the time. Speaking for myself, I'm a completist as well and for the most part I find it all fascinating, as it helps color in the lines of the bigger picture.

Am I banned now for derailing this thread?  Smiley
Sam_BFC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: September 17, 2016, 11:24:07 PM »

I did find that claim odd given that Brian and band don't use the extensive vocal processing that Mike's band has appeared to use recently.  I thought maybe it was just the recordings I was hearing until Stephen Desper confirmed the fact that it was used live at one of Mike's recent shows on this MB.  At Brian's shows over the past years, I didn't have any sense that Brian's voice was altered in any way, nor anyone else's.  But Melinda was the one dying for "auto-tune?"  Another thing that's difficult to integrate.

Debbie, do you refer to this post from Stephen?
http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,24128.msg584236.html#msg584236

He doesn't seem to say for certain that auto-tune or pitch correction was present at the Mike show, only that it could have been for all he knew.

What he does talk about in more detail is the use of digital EQ and compression/limiting.  I have been to recent shows by both bands, and to me such processing was quite obviously present at each of them.  I would imagine that concerts by the vast majority of major acts are mixed and processed through a digital signal chain in this day and age.

I'm quite confident that specifically auto-tune or something similar is not used at Brian shows.  I don't know about Mike's shows, though if they do it is not that obvious to me.

I enjoyed both shows.

"..be cautious, don't get your hopes up, look over your shoulder because heartbreak and darkness are always ready to pounce"

petsoundsnola
Debbie KL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: September 18, 2016, 06:54:23 AM »

I did find that claim odd given that Brian and band don't use the extensive vocal processing that Mike's band has appeared to use recently.  I thought maybe it was just the recordings I was hearing until Stephen Desper confirmed the fact that it was used live at one of Mike's recent shows on this MB.  At Brian's shows over the past years, I didn't have any sense that Brian's voice was altered in any way, nor anyone else's.  But Melinda was the one dying for "auto-tune?"  Another thing that's difficult to integrate.

He doesn't seem to say for certain that auto-tune or pitch correction was present at the Mike show, only that it could have been for all he knew.

What he does talk about in more detail is the use of digital EQ and compression/limiting.  I have been to recent shows by both bands, and to me such processing was quite obviously present at each of them.  I would imagine that concerts by the vast majority of major acts are mixed and processed through a digital signal chain in this day and age.

I'm quite confident that specifically auto-tune or something similar is not used at Brian shows.  I don't know about Mike's shows, though if they do it is not that obvious to me.

I enjoyed both shows.

I'm talking about the comments of Stephen's and what I heard in recordings of Mike's shows.  Is there a difference?  The vocals all seemed altered.  When I'm sitting live at Brian's shows, I don't have a sense I'm hearing Brian's, or Al's or anyone else's vocals being altered (well, amplified, obviously).  They are real with the occasional "flaw."  Stephen seemed to object to what was being done at Mike's shows enough to consider not going back. 

One of my favorite things in the late 60's was watching Stephen work the boards at the shows and at the studios when I got the privilege.  The voices weren't in some weird, processed form.  I'm certain he'd know the difference.
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #264 on: September 18, 2016, 08:37:32 AM »

Maybe we should merge the threads about these interviews since there are several active.

This may be an answer to the "other" discussion about Mike and Brian writing together, but going back to the first post in this one, Mike was on CBS This Morning, they published the video and the transcript of the interview online...

...then for some reason all 5:46 of the video clip was pulled offline or disappeared entirely - Whatever happened, it's no longer there to watch. But the transcript is, and here is the segment in question:

>>>>In 2012, they came together for a 50th anniversary tour.

In an interview for “CBS Sunday Morning,” the reunion appeared to get off to a promising start.

“Brian says to me after we did, ‘Do It Again,’ how does a 70-year-old guy sound that good?’” Love said then.

“I meant that literally, not in a bad way,” Wilson said.

But the tour later unraveled, in part because Love resented interference from Melinda Wilson, Brian’s wife.

“Yeah. She once told me that ‘Brian’s not your partner. I’m your f****ng partner.’ That’s what she said,” Love said.

“And your response to that was?” Mason asked.

“Well, I think my response was to turn and leave. That was not a pleasant thing to hear. Because I wrote all these songs with my cousin and as I said before and I still say, if it was just he and I, it would be fine.”

Love said he hasn’t talked to Brian since because “he’s unavailable.”

“For those who believe that Brian walks on water,” Love writes in his book, “I will always be the Antichrist.”

So the cousins have gone their separate ways again. The Beach Boys are playing the same songs but riding different waves. <<<<

For those asking about the two getting into a room with a piano to write songs again, how much more beyond that transcript is needed to understand why that isn't happening? How much more beyond that? Factor in the legal actions for the past two decades, the interviews with the regular comments directed at the usual topics like Brian being "controlled", and it really is not that hard to understand.

I am curious why the video got pulled down. I'm also curious if it had anything to do with the comments made on CBS looking contradictory to what was written in the book as some here pointed out.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2016, 08:39:01 AM by guitarfool2002 » Logged

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
Sam_BFC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: September 18, 2016, 09:32:49 AM »

Hi Debbie thanks for your response.

I'm perhaps being a little pedantic.  I think there is a difference if we are talking specifically about pitch processing (which I think this discussion seemed to be about) and digital processing more generally.

To me it sounds like the voices at both shows are altered by some form of digital processing, as I'm sure is very common in the modern era.  I don't think the guys working the boards nowadays will be doing with the same kind of workflow Stephen apopted in the classic era - for either band.

I think pitch processing for live shows is a very specific thing; it seems widely agreed that it's not used at Brian shows, my point is that it hasn't been confirmed either way if it is used at Mike shows.  If it is used at Mike shows, then Mike is perhaps being hypocritical and inconsistent taking issue with Melinda supposedly insisting on auto tune being used for C50.  If it is not, then he was more within his rights to take issue with it.

"..be cautious, don't get your hopes up, look over your shoulder because heartbreak and darkness are always ready to pounce"

petsoundsnola
terrei
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: September 18, 2016, 10:02:12 AM »

'Digital processing', for all intents and purposes, IS autotune. How else does something sound 'digitally' processed in this band? Compression, tube distortion, plate reverb, tape delay, equalization, ADT, these are all effects that can be digitally processed, but nobody would say it sounds 'digital'. Unless you have audiophile ears, which very few people have, those effects are indistinguishable from 'analog processing'. And autotune is the quintessential 'digital' sound.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2016, 10:02:57 AM by terrei » Logged
Debbie KL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: September 18, 2016, 10:12:03 AM »

Maybe we should merge the threads about these interviews since there are several active.

This may be an answer to the "other" discussion about Mike and Brian writing together, but going back to the first post in this one, Mike was on CBS This Morning, they published the video and the transcript of the interview online...

...then for some reason all 5:46 of the video clip was pulled offline or disappeared entirely - Whatever happened, it's no longer there to watch. But the transcript is, and here is the segment in question:

>>>>In 2012, they came together for a 50th anniversary tour.

In an interview for “CBS Sunday Morning,” the reunion appeared to get off to a promising start.

“Brian says to me after we did, ‘Do It Again,’ how does a 70-year-old guy sound that good?’” Love said then.

“I meant that literally, not in a bad way,” Wilson said.

But the tour later unraveled, in part because Love resented interference from Melinda Wilson, Brian’s wife.

“Yeah. She once told me that ‘Brian’s not your partner. I’m your f****ng partner.’ That’s what she said,” Love said.

“And your response to that was?” Mason asked.

“Well, I think my response was to turn and leave. That was not a pleasant thing to hear. Because I wrote all these songs with my cousin and as I said before and I still say, if it was just he and I, it would be fine.”

Love said he hasn’t talked to Brian since because “he’s unavailable.”

“For those who believe that Brian walks on water,” Love writes in his book, “I will always be the Antichrist.”

So the cousins have gone their separate ways again. The Beach Boys are playing the same songs but riding different waves. <<<<

For those asking about the two getting into a room with a piano to write songs again, how much more beyond that transcript is needed to understand why that isn't happening? How much more beyond that? Factor in the legal actions for the past two decades, the interviews with the regular comments directed at the usual topics like Brian being "controlled", and it really is not that hard to understand.

I am curious why the video got pulled down. I'm also curious if it had anything to do with the comments made on CBS looking contradictory to what was written in the book as some here pointed out.

The removal of the video is a mystery, isn't it?  As are so many of the strange comments made in this interview and others.  I understand allowing someone their POV, but when it starts sounding further and further removed from reality, it becomes a problem for me - particularly when it includes some open, and other more convoluted attacks on good people who are Brian's family and support system.  

They, so far, haven't chosen to respond.  I'm thinking this may well be due to the fact that Brian doesn't want to take the low road.  We'll see how things unfold. Responding wouldn't necessarily be the "low road" that this tabloid/click-bait stuff offers.  I wouldn't know what would be the best approach if I were being attacked here.

I doubt Brian will be talking about being in a shower with a Manson girl from the tidbits we've seen so far, nor does he need to (nor was he likely there).  I think that Brian's approach so far seems to be that people want to better understand that wonderful, creative, challenged mind of his a bit better, along with his life, I'm guessing to understand themselves a bit better.  I like that idea.  Regurgitated stories about Manson?  I'll leave that to the crowd who are into the latest click-bait with a Kardashian butt involved - not my thing.
Sam_BFC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: September 18, 2016, 10:26:06 AM »

'Digital processing', for all intents and purposes, IS autotune. How else does something sound 'digitally' processed in this band? Compression, tube distortion, plate reverb, tape delay, equalization, ADT, these are all effects that can be digitally processed, but nobody would say it sounds 'digital'. Unless you have audiophile ears, which very few people have, those effects are indistinguishable from 'analog processing'. And autotune is the quintessential 'digital' sound.

Not sure I agree.

Check out Stephen's post linked above, he talks about the use of a digital console and digital plugins in more general terms as well as specifically talking about digital EQ and limiting.

petsoundsnola
mikeddonn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: September 18, 2016, 12:42:13 PM »

I did find that claim odd given that Brian and band don't use the extensive vocal processing that Mike's band has appeared to use recently.  I thought maybe it was just the recordings I was hearing until Stephen Desper confirmed the fact that it was used live at one of Mike's recent shows on this MB.  At Brian's shows over the past years, I didn't have any sense that Brian's voice was altered in any way, nor anyone else's.  But Melinda was the one dying for "auto-tune?"  Another thing that's difficult to integrate.

I enjoyed both shows.

I'm talking about the comments of Stephen's and what I heard in recordings of Mike's shows.  Is there a difference?  The vocals all seemed altered.  When I'm sitting live at Brian's shows, I don't have a sense I'm hearing Brian's, or Al's or anyone else's vocals being altered (well, amplified, obviously).  They are real with the occasional "flaw."  Stephen seemed to object to what was being done at Mike's shows enough to consider not going back.  

One of my favorite things in the late 60's was watching Stephen work the boards at the shows and at the studios when I got the privilege.  The voices weren't in some weird, processed form.  I'm certain he'd know the difference.

He didn't seem to know the difference when Mike and Co lip synced through the Memorial Day show that was broadcast 'live' a few months back.  He was adamant there was no need for them to do that.  To his credit he then realised they were lip syncing.  Stephen's work with the group was always top notch and he was as much an innovator in his field as the group were in theirs.  A great combination that has stood the test of time.

Here's the thread:

http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,23977.0.html

Back on topic and I have just received Mike's book.  The parts I read were full of inconsistencies and offensive comments towards Brian and Melinda.  Nothing I didn't expect unfortunately.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2016, 12:59:24 PM by mikeddonn » Logged
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #270 on: September 18, 2016, 01:48:09 PM »

I can't speak to the CBS video (haven't seen it and evidently it's gone now). What Mike says in the book is in a nutshell:

4. At rehearsals, Mike finds the setlist he drew up is altered and that Melinda has asked for autotune to be applied to their live mics. The guys all refuse except for Brian.

Obviously, there's much more about the C50 tour in there but those were the takeaways for me (YMMV) and anyone interested would be better served by actually reading that section.

I single out point #4 not just to clarify what is actually said in the book, but also because it raised a red flag for me as something that didn't sound right, or even possible based on the tech side...beyond other reasons.

The quote is actually this (and just so it's not a case of reprinting material against copyright, it's freely available on the Amazon preview of the book) :

"She had also ordered live Auto-Tune devices, to correct off-key vocals, and attached them to the mics used by Brian, Al, Bruce, David, and me. But no one used the device except Brian..."

That makes it sound to people reading as if Melinda ordered the devices, and actually attached them to the mics. To me, that is absurd.

Like quite a few others here, not only have I used Autotune and various other digital pitch-correction units and plug-ins, but I own such a device in a rackmount unit, with the actual Antares Autotune program.

You do not "attach" it to a mic. There is no way to do so. You have to patch it in. If the live board for C50 were being run via computer, digitally, a device like this would have been a plug-in, which the tech guys would have to install into the programs.

Beyond that, it would need to be programmed, and if used optimally, it would be programmed specific to every song's key and all parameters like sensitivity and levels set and programmed (and stored) by the sound techs and those running the board. Then, the performers' in-ear or monitor mixes would have to be balanced with the house mix going into the audience, in order to have the proper blend and so the performers would not hear the effected feed versus the natural voice in their monitors.

And all of that would be in the hands of the sound crew. You don't just attach a device like this.

So beyond the premise of Melinda Wilson herself showing up with 5 autotune devices and attaching them to mics, as written in the book, it is a statement in the book that I think should be challenged at least for further clarification. Because as written and as is being read, it seems to paint a scenario which just wouldn't happen. No one except the sound crew and those running the board and doing the live and stage mixing would be doing anything like this to the mics or any other part of the on-stage signal chains. And with this specific claim, the devices would need to be programmed in order to work.

It wasn't just that Melinda Wilson had asked for it to be applied, as the summary quote suggested, the passage reads as if she personally handled doing it. And I'd ask for a clarification on that.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #271 on: September 18, 2016, 04:11:35 PM »

Had she not been banned (my use of the word) from all rehearsals except one open to the media at this stage, yet turns up at the first gig with the said auto-tune equipment? The rehearsals were also to nail down the sound systems for the tour I would think as well as the musicians. The idea sounds absurd really
Debbie KL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: September 18, 2016, 04:35:56 PM »

Had she not been banned (my use of the word) from all rehearsals except one open to the media at this stage, yet turns up at the first gig with the said auto-tune equipment? The rehearsals were also to nail down the sound systems for the tour I would think as well as the musicians. The idea sounds absurd really

Downright laughable, possibly?

I understand allowing Grandpa or Uncle Joe to tell their stories of ancient wartime and other exploits and feeling really good about their adjusted memories.  It is rather charming. 

When it comes to re-writing history that diminishes people who have passed on, and another, oh say, musical genius who doesn't tend to want to engage in conflict, I'm a little less tolerant.  I will be delighted when the media stuff has passed, this nonsense is over, and the music speaks for itself.  And anyone who can read and understand who had and agenda and who didn't in the written history would have a pretty good idea who to believe about who created what.
mikeddonn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #273 on: September 18, 2016, 04:38:02 PM »

According to the book she was banned after the first rehearsal.

I also find it absurd Mike would try to make it seem Melinda ordered 5 auto-tune devices and added them to the mikes like they were actual physical products.  He sounds very out of touch, and it makes other claims he makes less credible.  Did no-one challenge him on this?  A lot of things Mike says in the book are full of holes and contradictions.  I can't say I'm surprised.

According to the book Mike asked Brian if Ambha could sing SOS in San Diego.  An article at the time said his musical directors approached Brian.

Or, "You can mess with me, but don't disrespect my family" when Melinda and Jacquelyne had their exchange.  Mike ignores the fact that implying Brian is controlled by handlers and his wife could also be construed as hurtful towards Brian's family!

Happy reading!
bossaroo
Smiley Smile Associate

...let's be friends...

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: September 18, 2016, 06:59:11 PM »

actually you can't mess with Mike either, judging from his reaction to being told he has a chip on his shoulder. he stomped away like a child and threw a tantrum threatening to walk out on the reunion before it really even started. it's amazing that he expects sympathy from this story. does he really not see what a huge brat he paints himself to be?
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx