gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680747 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 12:41:22 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mike opens up about Melinda.  (Read 66151 times)
LostArt
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 16, 2016, 07:56:55 AM »

Hey Jude - I am dealing strictly with the contents of the book. 

Okay, filledeplage.  Since you have read the entire book, I have a question for you.

In the CBS news interview, Mike says this:

“Yeah. She once told me that ‘Brian’s not your partner. I’m your f****ng partner.’ That’s what she said,” Love said.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/beach-boys-mike-love-opens-up-drama-with-cousin-brian-wilson/

Another poster who I assume has also read the book (I could be wrong, that's why I'm asking you) says that Melinda didn't speak these words to Mike.  Rather, Melinda was speaking to Mike's wife and the exchange was more along these lines:

Melinda "storms" to Jacquelyne, says Ambha can't sing a Brian lead
Mike's wife replies, "Mike already discussed the matter with his partner, Brian.”
And Melinda answers, “Mike’s not his fucking partner. I’m his fucking partner.”

Two very different accounts of what I assume to be the same event. 
One version says Melinda told Mike that Brian wasn't Mike's partner, and that she (Melinda) was Mike's partner.
The other version says that Melinda told Mike's wife that Mike's not Brian's partner, and that she (Melinda) was Brian's partner.
Which of these two versions is in Mike's book?

Cheers Beer

guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: September 16, 2016, 07:57:46 AM »

When Mike went on CBS and made the comments directed at Melinda, it went out to however many million viewers were watching, listening, or reading that linked transcript from the CBS program. He cannot assume everyone watching had his book in hand, or even knew he had a book on the market until that segment was aired. Therefore, that's the context - what he said on CBS.

And I'll say again, if Mike is going after Brian's wife on a television appearance adding to all of the comments since 2012 placed in his various interviews promoting his concerts within dozens of newspapers and various outlets, not to mention whatever went on via legal actions, is it surprising that Mike isn't getting invitations from Brian to write songs? If Mike goes after Brian's wife, family, etc in public, and it's been ongoing for years, why or how would Mike be disappointed if they don't have a personal relationship? We're still talking about real people with real emotions and feelings.
GF - there is so much in that book, I found to be very informative.  Maybe a thread should be set up to address that.  And keep comments confined to "If you read this..." please comment.  

It is intense to read, I found, after going throat 400+ pages.  The interviews are beyond the book.  Those relationships are like them walking off-stage after a show.  They go back to their own lives.  That is for the parties to figure out.  It can't be "vicariously" worked out on a message board. I think it is inappropriate. That is my opinion.  Blood is still thicker than water.  

If you read the book, I think your heart will be touched as Carl explains to Brian how they were kept away from him and were not rejecting him. I think you will gain another insight into the history of the band.    

I started a thread on the book, and made specific and sometimes extensive comments based on the actual pages of the book, giving my opinions and impressions of those specific sections in the book, with more to follow. As a result, I've apparently been publicly accused of charging the author with plagiarism, which I never did, and in other cases been accused by you personally among others of claiming posters here like you and Cam had a hand in writing it - a charge which is as laughable as it is false since everything I wrote is still on this board...and available to review in the thread about the book.

My most recent comments on the book are specific to what Mike said to CBS, and the notion of why Brian would be expected to invite Mike to write songs or do much of anything else after seeing his wife be the subject of Mike's comments, on top of Mike saying he was being "controlled" and drugged as recent as the past month in a public interview, and a laundry list of comments made toward his family and assorted issues peppered throughout interviews supposed to be promoting Mike's concerts.

My comments on the book have also been along the lines of what I wish Mike had included in the book, among them the lightning-rod issues like Mike giving seed money to fund the PMRC in the 80's, the 2005 lawsuit which Mike lost and lost big, and the lack of more inter-personal inner workings that were at play within the band during the Smile era.

I've also commented on the lack of context given that June 2012 email that we're told scuppered the extension and further booking of C50 shows, specifically what other emails if any correspondence came prior to the oft-cited email quoted in the book, and what was the context in which that email appeared. My comments on that are based on wondering how a lone email within what was a multi-million dollar corporate structure running C50 and affecting dozens of participants on the tour could be cited as if it came out of the blue with no precedent. I'm one who is curious to learn more about what led to it, and what else may have come prior to it within the chain of operations on that tour as of June 2012.

That's context.

« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 07:59:31 AM by guitarfool2002 » Logged

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 16, 2016, 08:11:59 AM »

Okay, filledeplage.  Since you have read the entire book, I have a question for you.

“Yeah. She once told me that ‘Brian’s not your partner. I’m your f****ng partner.’ That’s what she said,” Love said.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/beach-boys-mike-love-opens-up-drama-with-cousin-brian-wilson/

Another poster who I assume has also read the book (I could be wrong, that's why I'm asking you) says that Melinda didn't speak these words to Mike.  Rather, Melinda was speaking to Mike's wife and the exchange was more along these lines:

Mike's wife replies, "Mike already discussed the matter with his partner, Brian.”

One version says Melinda told Mike that Brian wasn't Mike's partner, and that she (Melinda) was Mike's partner.
The other version says that Melinda told Mike's wife that Mike's not Brian's partner, and that she (Melinda) was Brian's partner.

Cheers Beer

CBS is not in the book. 

The scenario ended well that evening.  Ambha did the lead; Brian congratulated her. 

There is a section you are omitting, which deals with Mike threatening to quit C50 on the spot.  Things were smoothed over (Mike did not pack up and quit the tour) and not perpetuated, as in this particular thread.  Some are dealing with the small, heated exchange (without Brian or Mike being there) and not with the result.  Or the outcome.

Things cooled down.  The show went on and the tour went on. 

And, cheers to you, Happy Friday! Beer
Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 16, 2016, 08:18:22 AM »

Can anybody who has read the book please answer LostArt's question? Is Mike telling two wildly different accounts of the same story?
thorgil
Smiley Smile Associate

GREAT post, Rab!

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 16, 2016, 08:22:50 AM »

Okay, filledeplage.  Since you have read the entire book, I have a question for you.

Another poster who I assume has also read the book (I could be wrong, that's why I'm asking you) says that Melinda didn't speak these words to Mike.  Rather, Melinda was speaking to Mike's wife and the exchange was more along these lines:

Cheers Beer

Did you really hope that FdP would answer your question?
« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 08:28:32 AM by thorgil » Logged

DIT, DIT, DIT, HEROES AND VILLAINS...
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 16, 2016, 08:25:59 AM »

When Mike went on CBS and made the comments directed at Melinda, it went out to however many million viewers were watching, listening, or reading that linked transcript from the CBS program. He cannot assume everyone watching had his book in hand, or even knew he had a book on the market until that segment was aired. Therefore, that's the context - what he said on CBS.

And I'll say again, if Mike is going after Brian's wife on a television appearance adding to all of the comments since 2012 placed in his various interviews promoting his concerts within dozens of newspapers and various outlets, not to mention whatever went on via legal actions, is it surprising that Mike isn't getting invitations from Brian to write songs? If Mike goes after Brian's wife, family, etc in public, and it's been ongoing for years, why or how would Mike be disappointed if they don't have a personal relationship? We're still talking about real people with real emotions and feelings.
GF - there is so much in that book, I found to be very informative.  Maybe a thread should be set up to address that.  And keep comments confined to "If you read this..." please comment.  

It is intense to read, I found, after going throat 400+ pages.  The interviews are beyond the book.  Those relationships are like them walking off-stage after a show.  They go back to their own lives.  That is for the parties to figure out.  It can't be "vicariously" worked out on a message board. I think it is inappropriate. That is my opinion.  Blood is still thicker than water.  

If you read the book, I think your heart will be touched as Carl explains to Brian how they were kept away from him and were not rejecting him. I think you will gain another insight into the history of the band.    

I started a thread on the book, and made specific and sometimes extensive comments based on the actual pages of the book, giving my opinions and impressions of those specific sections in the book, with more to follow. As a result, I've apparently been publicly accused of charging the author with plagiarism, which I never did, and in other cases been accused by you personally among others of claiming posters here like you and Cam had a hand in writing it - a charge which is as laughable as it is false since everything I wrote is still on this board...and available to review in the thread about the book.

My most recent comments on the book are specific to what Mike said to CBS, and the notion of why Brian would be expected to invite Mike to write songs or do much of anything else after seeing his wife be the subject of Mike's comments, on top of Mike saying he was being "controlled" and drugged as recent as the past month in a public interview, and a laundry list of comments made toward his family and assorted issues peppered throughout interviews supposed to be promoting Mike's concerts.

My comments on the book have also been along the lines of what I wish Mike had included in the book, among them the lightning-rod issues like Mike giving seed money to fund the PMRC in the 80's, the 2005 lawsuit which Mike lost and lost big, and the lack of more inter-personal inner workings that were at play within the band during the Smile era.

I've also commented on the lack of context given that June 2012 email that we're told scuppered the extension and further booking of C50 shows, specifically what other emails if any correspondence came prior to the oft-cited email quoted in the book, and what was the context in which that email appeared. My comments on that are based on wondering how a lone email within what was a multi-million dollar corporate structure running C50 and affecting dozens of participants on the tour could be cited as if it came out of the blue with no precedent. I'm one who is curious to learn more about what led to it, and what else may have come prior to it within the chain of operations on that tour as of June 2012.

That's context.

GF - The book is over 400 pages.  It is Mike's account and not a reflection of what others think should be in the book.  The section on the lawsuit which was initiated by Landy with his devious plot to have Brian's kids disinherited, was originated by Landy.  

There are two email exchanges and one is from early June and one from late June.  I thought there was only one.  

IIRC  - three and a half weeks seemed too long to "call back" the first email of "no more shows for us" - which looked pretty final to me.  So, what I learned in the  book, is that there were TWO emails.  

On June 1st (it related to shows in Israel) which was turned down (the "no more shows for Wilson") and a June 25th email to "disregard the previous message." That is found on pp. 401-402.  

The info I am relying on is what is in front of me and not legal advice or counsel.***

« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 08:26:40 AM by filledeplage » Logged
LostArt
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 16, 2016, 08:27:10 AM »

Can anybody who has read the book please answer LostArt's question? Is Mike telling two wildly different accounts of the same story?

We don't know because CBS is not in the book.  I guess.   Thud
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 16, 2016, 08:29:15 AM »

Okay, filledeplage.  Since you have read the entire book, I have a question for you.

Another poster who I assume has also read the book (I could be wrong, that's why I'm asking you) says that Melinda didn't speak these words to Mike.  Rather, Melinda was speaking to Mike's wife and the exchange was more along these lines:

Cheers Beer

Did you really hope to get a real answer to a question by FdP?
You are looking for a particular response.  Sorry. You can get the book.   Wink
« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 08:36:23 AM by filledeplage » Logged
thorgil
Smiley Smile Associate

GREAT post, Rab!

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 16, 2016, 08:30:38 AM »

We don't know because CBS is not in the book.  I guess.   Thud
Exactly.

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 16, 2016, 08:31:57 AM »

This thread is about the interview, not the book. The whole incident is example of Melinda's watching out for BW's interest from the Byzantine games of Mike Love.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
the professor
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: September 16, 2016, 08:36:24 AM »

no, not he. . . . .

I had heard previously from a reliable source that the 50th broke up because, among others, 2 reasons: M's and B's wives hated each other and Mike was not given the chance to even hear the Radio album before it was released. Both stories confirmed here.

If that "reliable source" was Andrew Doe, then you were hoodwinked. Keep in mind this is the same guy who told me/others (among other things) that Smile Brian was actually Melinda ( Roll Eyes  ) per an "inside source",  Brian had next to no involvement with the creation of TLOS, that Drip Drop was recorded in 1974. Not exactly the best source.
LostArt
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 16, 2016, 08:38:31 AM »

Cheers Beer

I was hoping.  Not sure why.  She does say that neither Brian nor Mike was there for this little dust up, so I assume that it was Melinda and Mike's wife having the conversation.
thorgil
Smiley Smile Associate

GREAT post, Rab!

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 16, 2016, 08:38:52 AM »

Cheers Beer

You are looking for a particular response.  Sorry. You can get the book.   Wink
No, I am not looking for any response. And am not going to read the book.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 08:41:11 AM by thorgil » Logged

Toursiveu
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 16, 2016, 08:40:50 AM »

After reading this whole thread, I only came to ONE very obvious conclusion : I really, really want to see Wilford Brimley sing an Abba medley, live on stage. With Brian's or Mike's band, doesn't matter. Please, make it happen!
thorgil
Smiley Smile Associate

GREAT post, Rab!

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 16, 2016, 08:43:39 AM »

Cheers Beer

I was hoping.  Not sure why.  She does say that neither Brian nor Mike was there for this little dust up, so I assume that it was Melinda and Mike's wife having the conversation.
So, by inference, it seems you got your answer after all. Well, congrats! Smiley

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 16, 2016, 08:45:06 AM »

FDP-bacca is currently making the kessel run in less than 12 parsecs.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 16, 2016, 08:47:29 AM »

Cheers Beer

I missed that! Thanks for bringing that to my attention.

So, in that case, in this interview Mike is mis-remembering the events he describes in the book?
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: September 16, 2016, 08:47:42 AM »

That's context.

GF - The book is over 400 pages.  It is Mike's account and not a reflection of what others think should be in the book.  The section on the lawsuit which was initiated by Landy with his devious plot to have Brian's kids disinherited, was originated by Landy.  

There are two email exchanges and one is from early June and one from late June.  I thought there was only one.  

IIRC  - three and a half weeks seemed too long to "call back" the first email of "no more shows for us" - which looked pretty final to me.  So, what I learned in the  book, is that there were TWO emails.  

On June 1st (it related to shows in Israel) which was turned down (the "no more shows for Wilson") and a June 25th email to "disregard the previous message." That is found on pp. 401-402.  

The info I am relying on is what is in front of me and not legal advice or counsel.***

The 2005 lawsuit had nothing to do with Landy. Why did you just dodge that entirely and bring Landy into it?

What if anything came before the email you reference from the book?

As a reader of the book...can I not say "I wish he had talked about that?" as a reaction? Or do we just take everything at face value?

Someone asked you a direct question about something that *is* in the book, and you dodged their question, and further gave the answer "buy the book". How about answering their question, since you said you wanted to discuss what was in the book, and someone asked a specific question about what was actually in the book?

Did Mike on CBS contradict what is in the book about this 'partner' confrontation at C50? Simple question...why duck it?

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
urbanite
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 16, 2016, 08:51:37 AM »

I think Mike Love had every reason to be annoyed, put off, etc. by Melinda injecting herself into the day to workings of the band.  It was not her place to do it.  And yes, that statement, that she's Mike's partner, whether she said it to him or Mike's wife, indicates that Brian is controlled.
Ang Jones
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 16, 2016, 08:52:40 AM »

Okay, so I don't have the book in front of me right now to compare his interview quote directly with the text of the book, but is Mike actually misquoting his own book (and memory) in that interview? The description above indicates the book describes an episode where Melinda told Mike's *wife* that Mike isn't Brian's partner, she (Melinda) is. No indication based on that description as to whether Mike was present when Melinda said this to Jackie, but either way, it sounds like it was addressed to Jackie and not Mike.

Then Mike says an in interview that Melinda told *him* (Mike) that Brian's not Mike's partner, Melinda is. I'm less concerned actually about whether Mike garbled the meaning (which it sounds like he did; Melinda saying she's Mike partner only makes sense in some sort of procedural, business sense), and more concerned if Mike is changing something Melinda said to Jackie into something Melinda said to him (Mike).

As for the incident itself, if it was in fact Melinda saying this to Jackie, and saying that she (Melinda) is Brian's partner, then it makes a lot more sense.

Let's break it down and apply probably too much analysis to this:

Mike asks Brian if Ambha can take over one of Brian's leads. First of all, did he really *ask* in the traditional sense? Or was it more like "Ambha's gonna sing this song, sound okay?" There’s a difference there. But in any event, even if it genuinely was a question and not more like a statement of what would be occurring unless someone raised an objection, I have to say this: Brian seems to be an easy going guy on that sort of stuff sometimes. I don’t think he wants to get in Mike’s grill about stuff. It’s just not his personality. I have to wonder, if Mike had said “So, Wilfred Brimley is going to come in and sing an Abba medley. Sound okay Cousin Brian?”, Brian might well say “Sure, yeah, whatever.”

Now, is having a gripe with Ambha singing a song, especially taking away a Brian lead, a legit gripe? I think so. An awkward one to be sure. But I’m not so sure Mike would have said “sure!” if Brian suggested his teenage daughter come on stage and take Mike’s lead on “Kokomo” or something. But that’s all hypothetical of course, to be fair. But, while Brian’s lead on “SOS” probably isn’t his best moment in a show, I think as a fan, who is probably getting ONE chance to see the reunion lineup, I’d rather hear Brian sing a song of his than Mike’s daughter. It’s really kind of an extension of the Stamos thing.

I think Melinda’s biggest legit concern would be these two points: One, the semantic but true point that Brian’s wife is his “partner”, not a guy who hasn’t written much with Brian in DECADES, hasn’t even recorded or toured with Brian extensively in about THIRTY years, etc. Secondly, related to this, is that it’s OBVIOUSLY a pointed thing to tell Brian’s wife that *Mike* is Brian’s partner. That sounds like a classic snippy, provocative thing to say. It’s part of the ridiculous narrative Mike has been spinning for years that he and Brian are still active partners (remember, part of Mike’s 2005 lawsuit being *shot down* in court was that Mike tried and FAILED to prove that an actual legal *partnership* had formed and existed between he and Brian), instead of the reality which is that they teamed up for some great co-writes between 1961 and about 1965 or 66, had sporadic collaborations after that, and little contact for decades after that.

More to the point, my biggest problem with these stories is not the sharing of the story. Rather, it’s the implication that such a story had ANYTHING to do with Mike dumping the reunion lineup. It’s like a guy dumping his wife because he wants to be with his mistress, and then when asked about it, ignores the mistress part and instead just rattles off a story about a contentious argument he had with his now ex-wife, or shares some other random factoid about his ex-wife that could reflect negatively on her. It would have little or nothing to do with the fact that he dumped his wife because he wanted to be with the other woman. Mike wants to do everything he can to avoid highlighting the fact that *he chose* to quit the reunion.

Does anyone really think Mike was all ready to keep the reunion permanent, but Melinda said the F word and Mike couldn’t handle it? Remember, this is Mike Love, the guy who when asked about playing gigs at Sun City said the UN could go f**k themselves. Mike has said *repeatedly* that he felt the reunion was always only going to be a short-term thing. “Set end date” and all of that. He was also surely booking shows before the reunion tour was over.

Does Mike reveal in his book precisely *when* he started booking shows for his own band?

I do think that Mike was probably in shock in the sense that, when is the last time someone on a BB tour said “No” to Mike about anything?

Ultimately, I certainly wish the communication and relations between these parties wouldn’t have been so snippy and dysfunctional (and that goes for all sides; Jackie calling Mike Brian’s partner is clearly meant to be provocative too, and at the very least delusional). But if someone behind the scenes was telling Mike to let Brian have his leads so the *fans* can hear Brian sing the song instead of Mike running a talent show for his daughter, I don’t mind.

I’m actually more curious how the Stamos incident during the tour in NY unfolded in light of this Ambha story.

But yeah, I think what this all indicates is that Mike dislikes Melinda more than he wants to be with Brian. Yeah, it appears you have to (sporadically, since Melinda doesn’t stay on tour) deal with Melinda in order to work with Brian. So what? Get over it. Take one for the team, the team being both the BAND and the FANS. *Everybody else* was and is able to work with Melinda. Just like I’m sure maybe some people don’t like to deal with the Mike-Jackie partnership, some probably find it annoying to deal with Melinda. But yeah, get over it. Is Melinda really the most tough-as-nails person Mike has come across in all his years in the industry? Remember all the characters the BBs dealt with over the years. They used to do show deals with people like Bill Graham. Is Melinda reminding Jackie that Brian’s current wife is Brian’s partner, not his cowriter from 50 years ago, really that difficult to deal with?

Does anybody not think that someone over all these years found it difficult to deal with Mike and Jackie, and Mike’s point of view and business actions? Talk to Al about that; I’m sure he might have some interesting things that speak to the difficulties in dealing with *Mike* and Mike’s “team.”

I’m not going to blindly defend Melinda. I think we have sketchy details on this story, but I have no problem saying I probably wouldn’t want to be involved business-wise with ANY of these people. A certain level of acrimony and dysfunctionality seem to permeate all corners of this thing. But trust me, these “shocker” stories about something Melinda might have said behind the scenes? Trust me, there are stories about ALL of these people like that, *especially* Mike.

Partly quoting just to repeat it because it's an excellent post but also to make the point that if Mike doesn't get on with Melinda that would surely be the same reason he seems not to get on with some others who supercede him as a BW collaborator or partner. Mike is jealous and also competitive and wants to be the main man, the one with whom Brian works and makes hits.
Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 16, 2016, 08:54:37 AM »

I think Mike Love had every reason to be annoyed, put off, etc. by Melinda injecting herself into the day to workings of the band.  It was not her place to do it.  And yes, that statement, that she's Mike's partner, whether she said it to him or Mike's wife, indicates that Brian is controlled.

Except in one quote she's saying she's Mike's partner and in another quote, apparently, she's saying she's Brian's partner. Both wildly different versions seem to have come from Mike Love in a discussion about the same event. Furthermore, in both cases, the person who Melinda is saying these two different things to is a different person. This doesn't indicate that Brian is controlled so much as it indicates that Mike doesn't know the substance of his own book.
urbanite
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 16, 2016, 08:57:50 AM »

In either version, Melinda is placing herself as one of the principals running the band.  When spouses get involved in a husband's business, it's often bad news, and the other business partners deeply resent it.
thorgil
Smiley Smile Associate

GREAT post, Rab!

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 16, 2016, 08:59:39 AM »

I think Mike Love had every reason to be annoyed, put off, etc. by Melinda injecting herself into the day to workings of the band.  It was not her place to do it.  And yes, that statement, that she's Mike's partner, whether she said it to him or Mike's wife, indicates that Brian is controlled.
Oh my. Melinda is Brian's wife AND business partner (what does BriMel mean?), so I guess more than entitled to "inject" (?) herself. And by your logic, I am controlling LostArt because I intervened on his behalf some posts ago.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 10:22:19 AM by thorgil » Logged

Ang Jones
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 16, 2016, 09:00:28 AM »

In either version, Melinda is placing herself as one of the principals running the band.  When spouses get involved in a husband's business, it's often bad news, and the other business partners deeply resent it.

Going by the 2005 lawsuit Mike resents Al and Brian, let alone Melinda.
Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 16, 2016, 09:01:57 AM »

In either version, Melinda is placing herself as one of the principals running the band.  When spouses get involved in a husband's business, it's often bad news, and the other business partners deeply resent it.

No, in one case she's taking offence to someone who has barely engaged with Brian years referring to him as his "partner" to a person who is actually a partner to Brian in multiple ways.

I also find it somewhat problematic that the going assumption here is that its the husband who will be the one who has the business.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 09:03:25 AM by Chocolate Shake Man » Logged
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 14 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx