gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 03:00:33 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mike opens up about Melinda.  (Read 65811 times)
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: September 15, 2016, 10:15:36 PM »

Finally, one of the reasons for the C50 break down.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/beach-boys-mike-love-opens-up-drama-with-cousin-brian-wilson/

...But the tour later unraveled, in part because Love resented interference from Melinda Wilson, Brian’s wife.

“Yeah. She once told me that ‘Brian’s not your partner. I’m your f****ng partner.’ That’s what she said,” Love said.

“And your response to that was?” Mason asked.

“Well, I think my response was to turn and leave. That was not a pleasant thing to hear. Because I wrote all these songs with my cousin and as I said before and I still say, if it was just he and I, it would be fine.”...
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2016, 10:51:42 PM »

Partner in what way? I would assume she's talking business, not creative. I doubt her point was that *she* should write songs with him.

Also, assuming she actually said that, what was the context? I'm guessing she didn't just blurt that out. Was it part of a heated business discussion or something?

I'm curious how much context he gives this in the book. He seems to often prefer one-line pieces of evidence that ignore underlying reasons. Like citing the "no more shows" email even though he had always said he (Mike) had already planned on leaving the reunion and going back to his own thing.

Was Melinda allegedly making this one comment actually at all a significant factor in his decision? Doesn't seem so. It's just a negative bit about someone he doesn't like.

Again, assuming she actually ever said this.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
the professor
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2016, 10:52:11 PM »

I was about to post about this per Mike's new book, to which he must be alluding here. I just got the book and read the first 50 pages, a clear and sensitive recounting of the early days. Mike's style is relaxed and thoughtful. Then I skipped ahead to the 50th part and just saw this new, related thread. If true, then Melinda was fiercely defending Brian from. . . .well, from what? From a rival?  I take Mike's story seriously.  He also recounts how they tossed him a couple of lyrics but that he had little say in the album and had no idea it would be grounded in Joe Thomas/BW leftovers.

I had heard previously from a reliable source that the 50th broke up because, among others, 2 reasons: M's and B's wives hated each other and Mike was not given the chance to even hear the Radio album before it was released. Both stories confirmed here.

Mike says in the book, which is full of endless praise and love for Brian, that in the 50th, whenever the 5 BB were alone together, it was magic. Trouble came from the people/business structures outside of the actual principles.

My ultimate feeling is sadness for Mike and for all the BB.  I will not demonize Melinda, but I do not doubt her capable of such hurtful derision against Mike. It does not diminish her purportedly salvific love for Brian, but it shows a side of her that can be cruel and heartless.
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2016, 11:03:40 PM »

Agree with 'in what context', however perhaps a little respect of 'history' on both parties could have been required here.
GhostyTMRS
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2016, 11:19:34 PM »

Partner in what way? I would assume she's talking business, not creative. I doubt her point was that *she* should write songs with him.

Also, assuming she actually said that, what was the context? I'm guessing she didn't just blurt that out. Was it part of a heated business discussion or something?

I'm curious how much context he gives this in the book. He seems to often prefer one-line pieces of evidence that ignore underlying reasons. Like citing the "no more shows" email even though he had always said he (Mike) had already planned on leaving the reunion and going back to his own thing.

Was Melinda allegedly making this one comment actually at all a significant factor in his decision? Doesn't seem so. It's just a negative bit about someone he doesn't like.

Again, assuming she actually ever said this.

There's a pretty sizeable section in the book about the C50 tour and breakup from Mike's perspective. I have to admit it's the first section I turned to at the bookstore. Even if one is inclined to totally dismiss whatever Mike's saying (I wouldn't do that, mind you, but just saying...) it's certainly interesting stuff, although the chapter called "The Fracturing" is more revealing in terms of the band really ceasing to be an actual band IMO.
terrei
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2016, 11:56:53 PM »

The context:

1. At soundcheck, Mike asks Brian if daughter Ambha can sing lead on Sail On Sailor
2. Brian says OK
3. Melinda "storms" to Jacquelyne, says Ambha can't sing a Brian lead
4. “Mike already discussed the matter with his partner, Brian.”
5. “Mike’s not his fucking partner. I’m his fucking partner.”
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2016, 12:03:19 AM »

I had heard previously from a reliable source that the 50th broke up because, among others, 2 reasons: M's and B's wives hated each other and Mike was not given the chance to even hear the Radio album before it was released. Both stories confirmed here.

If that "reliable source" was Andrew Doe, then you were hoodwinked. Keep in mind this is the same guy who told me/others (among other things) that Smile Brian was actually Melinda ( Roll Eyes  ) per an "inside source",  Brian had next to no involvement with the creation of TLOS, that Drip Drop was recorded in 1974. Not exactly the best source.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2016, 12:04:34 AM »

The context:

1. At soundcheck, Mike asks Brian if daughter Ambha can sing lead on Sail On Sailor
2. Brian says OK

Context is indeed key.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2016, 01:52:38 AM »

The context:

2. Brian says OK

Is this fact or hypothetical?
Ang Jones
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2016, 03:18:23 AM »

I was about to post about this per Mike's new book, to which he must be alluding here. I just got the book and read the first 50 pages, a clear and sensitive recounting of the early days. Mike's style is relaxed and thoughtful. Then I skipped ahead to the 50th part and just saw this new, related thread. If true, then Melinda was fiercely defending Brian from. . . .well, from what? From a rival?  I take Mike's story seriously.  He also recounts how they tossed him a couple of lyrics but that he had little say in the album and had no idea it would be grounded in Joe Thomas/BW leftovers.

Mike says in the book, which is full of endless praise and love for Brian, that in the 50th, whenever the 5 BB were alone together, it was magic. Trouble came from the people/business structures outside of the actual principles.

My ultimate feeling is sadness for Mike and for all the BB.  I will not demonize Melinda, but I do not doubt her capable of such hurtful derision against Mike. It does not diminish her purportedly salvific love for Brian, but it shows a side of her that can be cruel and heartless.

Melinda supposedly had a message from Mike to the effect 'Your husband had better write a big hit because he is going to have to write me a big cheque' or words to that effect. And read the comments made in the 2005 lawsuit.  I don't blame Melinda for being defensive of Brian. In fact, I applaud her for it. As for the magic of Brian and Mike together, well he would say that but listen to Daybreak over the Ocean. Give me Brian's mini-suite from 'Radio' any day.

The context:

2. Brian says OK

Is this fact or hypothetical?

And if this bit is true I still don't blame Melinda. Brian is related to Ambha - Melinda only an in law. That means she can be more objective about it. Ambha was not an original Beach Boy and not a professional musician. Would Mike's wife have been happy at the idea of Carnie or Wendy joining in? And they have had a career in music.

Mike had to emphasise Melinda's use of the 'f' word. Of course, I'm sure he NEVER uses it nor ever actually said 'don't f*** with the formula'. Seriously, she may have used this word - many of us do when we are angry - but deliberately trying to win sympathy by making sure everyone knows she used it is all a bit pathetic.
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2016, 03:32:35 AM »

Actually after re-reading point 5, that is not what Mike said in the quote. Melinda apparently says she is Mikes partner, not Brian.

To be fair, Foskett sang Brian leads (DWB off the top of my head). Perhaps Mike should have asked if Ambha could cover that.
Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2016, 03:47:56 AM »

Yeah, I have now heard two different accounts on this in different places: one account is where Melinda says she's Mike's partner. Another account is where Melinda says that Mike is not Brian's partner but she is. For those who have seen the book, what does Mike say and is it different from what he says in this interview?
Ang Jones
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2016, 03:55:29 AM »

Actually after re-reading point 5, that is not what Mike said in the quote. Melinda apparently says she is Mikes partner, not Brian.

To be fair, Foskett sang Brian leads (DWB off the top of my head). Perhaps Mike should have asked if Ambha could cover that.

From the link that opened this thread: '“Yeah. She once told me that ‘Brian’s not your partner. I’m your f****ng partner.’ That’s what she said,” Love said.'

I assume Mike didn't actually mean this - it doesn't make any sense.

Angua
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2016, 04:24:56 AM »

So you're married and in business partnership with your husband.  Your husband's cousin, who has previously sued your husband for considerable amounts of money and never fails to inform the public how he took drugs, is in a temporary collaborator-ship with him for financial reasons. You are told that he wants to further is daughter's career through a public appearance in front of your husband's and the group's supporters. This exceeds the terms of the collaborator-ship which is to re-unite original members of the group, is clearly nepotism and is a request for a favour.  In your business capacity you say no as this is not beneficial to your husband and you do not feel like doing a favour for someone who has been so hostile in the past.  

Then your husband's cousin tries to pull rank on you by saying 'MY PARTNER has already agreed to this' (not 'Brian has agreed to it' but possessively 'MY partner').  Divorcing yourselves from your own personal likes and dislikes can you not imagine the first words coming into your head being 'not your partner - my partner'? The 'f**king' is an expression of annoyance - in this day and age are we not passed being shocked at it?  

Any way what is Mike saying he is annoyed about

1 - Melinda having a closer relationship with Brian than him?
2 - His daughter being stopped from singing?
3 - Use of the F word?

My guess is no 1, though he presents it to breakfast TV at being shocked by the 'F' word because he knows that's what they will find offensive and only a little of (queue violins) 'he's my cousin, we wrote all this music together'.

In any case this is not what Mike said - he said Melinda told him she was his [Mike's] partner.  So either he expressed this wrongly or else she expressed wrongly or the contract was between BriMel and the Beach Boys - which puts a slightly different spin on it - Melinda is defining her role of Brian Wilson's business manager and the decision maker.  I'm sure any business woman (and some business men) will understand the importance of not letting your position be undermined and irritation that causes.
thorgil
Smiley Smile Associate

GREAT post, Rab!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2016, 04:28:24 AM »

Thanks Melinda!

DIT, DIT, DIT, HEROES AND VILLAINS...
Senator Blutarsky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2016, 05:05:54 AM »

I bet the quote Mike said about Melinda is out of context to suit his narrative.

With that said it does seem there isnt a problem between Mike and Brian personally. Professionally a different story.

Too bad, because I'd like to hear Mike's voice again on some of the Pet Sounds songs. In a perfect word, Mike would be a member of Brian's band singing his trademark songs and contributing to the writing process.  Ive seen both Brian and Mike and Bruce's version of the Beach Boys. Mikes version is heavy nostalgia and a bit soft and Brian makes things sound more contemporary and vital.

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2016, 05:40:18 AM »

Mike trashing Melinda again ... Roll Eyes

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2016, 05:40:57 AM »

Melinda rescued Brian from a snake-pit.  There was more than 1 snake in Brian's past...  Snakes which negatively contributed HUGELY to Brian's illness and free-fall.  Having rescued Brian [with the IMPORTANT help of Carl and Audree. et al] she was not about to allow history to repeat itself in even small ways.  This '1/2 talent' who really hadn't contributed anything meaningfully creative to ANYONE'S music projects in decades was going to be telling folk what to do and how it was going to happen?

Not!!!

Good for YOU Melinda.  Well and properly done.

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
bachelorofbullets
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2016, 06:04:25 AM »

I'll side with Melinda on this one.

1.  You don't switch vocals during sound check.  You do it before you go on stage...and you clear it with the producer first.
2.  It sounds like Jackie was trying to incite Melinda.
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2016, 06:16:24 AM »

Mike has been filing legal actions against Brian for 25 years, he's been making comments about the Wilson family and drug abuse and all of that in interview after interview, repeating the comments about Brian being "controlled" and kept drugged as recent as in the past month, and now he's going after Brian's wife.

And he wonders why Brian doesn't write songs with him much less talk to him?

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
bb4ever
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2016, 06:16:50 AM »

Who doesn't give kudos to a spouse protecting their loved one?  Especially when it is Brian, who is so naively innocent about people and their motives.  I am just guessing that the only reason Mike and Brian still have a good relationship after the lawsuit is because it was Brian Wilson who was sued.  If the roles were reversed, how 'loving' do you think Mike would be towards Brian?
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2016, 06:24:47 AM »

Yeah, I have now heard two different accounts on this in different places: one account is where Melinda says she's Mike's partner. Another account is where Melinda says that Mike is not Brian's partner but she is. For those who have seen the book, what does Mike say and is it different from what he says in this interview?
CSM - glad you asked if someone has "seen the book." It is beyond me that anyone would jump into this discussion without it in hand.  

Got it on a Kindle download on an iPad and here is my impression...I read it on an iPad (the big one) over the course of 2 days.  I could not put it down.

First, there are first-hand accounts, and I will spotlight the one on Carl's last season touring while he was terminal.  I had seen Carl about 8 weeks before his final show, where most of the audience was in tears because it would be the last time we would ever see him. This is not to be missed.

Second, it was made clear how much of Murry's crap was foisted on Brian where he left him, since he died in his 50's, with Brian holding-the-bag with the copyright issue.  It appeared that there were times where Brian conceded that the credits were not given and was blocked by a lawyer or a guardian.  That is clearly spelled out.  

Third, it seems that Murry's inter-family jealousy blinded him and he put that on his kids, too.  Probably ate him alive - dying in his mid-50's.  

Fourth, you will see exactly how devious Landy was, in terms of the crap he pulled with the band, in terms of keeping Brian from his brothers, his kids, etc.  If you think you don't like Landy now...another log fell on the campfire.  Fraud and unethical is an understatement. I am sorry he did not die in prison, as Manson's therapist.  That era was enlarged.  To those who followed that and still do, it is not unimportant.

The on-the-road part was important to me...decade-by-decade, to see them be able to stay-in-the-game, against all odds, and how Carl's and Dennis' roles became more important, with Dennis' writing (POB) and Carl doing musical direction and his own work.  It is a lot of the road perspective as well, with Chicago on the road, a very cool era.      

And the "dust up" during C50 is in the book.  The "exchange" from this article cited, was pulled from the book.  And, after the "event" there was a happy ending,  "Ambha sang 'Sail on Sailor' and got a standing ovation.  Brian speaking into the mic, congratulated her, and Ambha walked over and gave him a big hug." p. 401.

It is very reasonably priced at under $15 on amazon as a download.   Wink  
« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 06:26:31 AM by filledeplage » Logged
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2016, 06:39:50 AM »

Okay, so I don't have the book in front of me right now to compare his interview quote directly with the text of the book, but is Mike actually misquoting his own book (and memory) in that interview? The description above indicates the book describes an episode where Melinda told Mike's *wife* that Mike isn't Brian's partner, she (Melinda) is. No indication based on that description as to whether Mike was present when Melinda said this to Jackie, but either way, it sounds like it was addressed to Jackie and not Mike.

Then Mike says an in interview that Melinda told *him* (Mike) that Brian's not Mike's partner, Melinda is. I'm less concerned actually about whether Mike garbled the meaning (which it sounds like he did; Melinda saying she's Mike partner only makes sense in some sort of procedural, business sense), and more concerned if Mike is changing something Melinda said to Jackie into something Melinda said to him (Mike).

As for the incident itself, if it was in fact Melinda saying this to Jackie, and saying that she (Melinda) is Brian's partner, then it makes a lot more sense.

Let's break it down and apply probably too much analysis to this:

Mike asks Brian if Ambha can take over one of Brian's leads. First of all, did he really *ask* in the traditional sense? Or was it more like "Ambha's gonna sing this song, sound okay?" There’s a difference there. But in any event, even if it genuinely was a question and not more like a statement of what would be occurring unless someone raised an objection, I have to say this: Brian seems to be an easy going guy on that sort of stuff sometimes. I don’t think he wants to get in Mike’s grill about stuff. It’s just not his personality. I have to wonder, if Mike had said “So, Wilfred Brimley is going to come in and sing an Abba medley. Sound okay Cousin Brian?”, Brian might well say “Sure, yeah, whatever.”

Now, is having a gripe with Ambha singing a song, especially taking away a Brian lead, a legit gripe? I think so. An awkward one to be sure. But I’m not so sure Mike would have said “sure!” if Brian suggested his teenage daughter come on stage and take Mike’s lead on “Kokomo” or something. But that’s all hypothetical of course, to be fair. But, while Brian’s lead on “SOS” probably isn’t his best moment in a show, I think as a fan, who is probably getting ONE chance to see the reunion lineup, I’d rather hear Brian sing a song of his than Mike’s daughter. It’s really kind of an extension of the Stamos thing.

I think Melinda’s biggest legit concern would be these two points: One, the semantic but true point that Brian’s wife is his “partner”, not a guy who hasn’t written much with Brian in DECADES, hasn’t even recorded or toured with Brian extensively in about THIRTY years, etc. Secondly, related to this, is that it’s OBVIOUSLY a pointed thing to tell Brian’s wife that *Mike* is Brian’s partner. That sounds like a classic snippy, provocative thing to say. It’s part of the ridiculous narrative Mike has been spinning for years that he and Brian are still active partners (remember, part of Mike’s 2005 lawsuit being *shot down* in court was that Mike tried and FAILED to prove that an actual legal *partnership* had formed and existed between he and Brian), instead of the reality which is that they teamed up for some great co-writes between 1961 and about 1965 or 66, had sporadic collaborations after that, and little contact for decades after that.

More to the point, my biggest problem with these stories is not the sharing of the story. Rather, it’s the implication that such a story had ANYTHING to do with Mike dumping the reunion lineup. It’s like a guy dumping his wife because he wants to be with his mistress, and then when asked about it, ignores the mistress part and instead just rattles off a story about a contentious argument he had with his now ex-wife, or shares some other random factoid about his ex-wife that could reflect negatively on her. It would have little or nothing to do with the fact that he dumped his wife because he wanted to be with the other woman. Mike wants to do everything he can to avoid highlighting the fact that *he chose* to quit the reunion.

Does anyone really think Mike was all ready to keep the reunion permanent, but Melinda said the F word and Mike couldn’t handle it? Remember, this is Mike Love, the guy who when asked about playing gigs at Sun City said the UN could go f**k themselves. Mike has said *repeatedly* that he felt the reunion was always only going to be a short-term thing. “Set end date” and all of that. He was also surely booking shows before the reunion tour was over.

Does Mike reveal in his book precisely *when* he started booking shows for his own band?

I do think that Mike was probably in shock in the sense that, when is the last time someone on a BB tour said “No” to Mike about anything?

Ultimately, I certainly wish the communication and relations between these parties wouldn’t have been so snippy and dysfunctional (and that goes for all sides; Jackie calling Mike Brian’s partner is clearly meant to be provocative too, and at the very least delusional). But if someone behind the scenes was telling Mike to let Brian have his leads so the *fans* can hear Brian sing the song instead of Mike running a talent show for his daughter, I don’t mind.

I’m actually more curious how the Stamos incident during the tour in NY unfolded in light of this Ambha story.

But yeah, I think what this all indicates is that Mike dislikes Melinda more than he wants to be with Brian. Yeah, it appears you have to (sporadically, since Melinda doesn’t stay on tour) deal with Melinda in order to work with Brian. So what? Get over it. Take one for the team, the team being both the BAND and the FANS. *Everybody else* was and is able to work with Melinda. Just like I’m sure maybe some people don’t like to deal with the Mike-Jackie partnership, some probably find it annoying to deal with Melinda. But yeah, get over it. Is Melinda really the most tough-as-nails person Mike has come across in all his years in the industry? Remember all the characters the BBs dealt with over the years. They used to do show deals with people like Bill Graham. Is Melinda reminding Jackie that Brian’s current wife is Brian’s partner, not his cowriter from 50 years ago, really that difficult to deal with?

Does anybody not think that someone over all these years found it difficult to deal with Mike and Jackie, and Mike’s point of view and business actions? Talk to Al about that; I’m sure he might have some interesting things that speak to the difficulties in dealing with *Mike* and Mike’s “team.”

I’m not going to blindly defend Melinda. I think we have sketchy details on this story, but I have no problem saying I probably wouldn’t want to be involved business-wise with ANY of these people. A certain level of acrimony and dysfunctionality seem to permeate all corners of this thing. But trust me, these “shocker” stories about something Melinda might have said behind the scenes? Trust me, there are stories about ALL of these people like that, *especially* Mike.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 06:44:45 AM by HeyJude » Logged

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2016, 06:41:24 AM »

If looking for context is important, then I'd ask why Mike doesn't mention his failed 2005 lawsuit in the book. After reading that transcript, it's amazing Brian and Al even shared a stage with Mike considering the language used against both of them, especially Al who didn't even have skin in the game. But they did, and C50 happened for the fans' benefit. Now Mike goes on national television and goes after Brian's wife? Again, if Mike's phone isn't ringing with an invitation from Brian to write songs, is it hard to see why that might be?

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2016, 06:43:13 AM »

Mike has been filing legal actions against Brian for 25 years, he's been making comments about the Wilson family and drug abuse and all of that in interview after interview, repeating the comments about Brian being "controlled" and kept drugged as recent as in the past month, and now he's going after Brian's wife.

And he wonders why Brian doesn't write songs with him much less talk to him?

GF - IIRC - the whole drugs thing was the lawsuit that Landy propelled into court to attempt to "set aside" the transfer of Sea of Tunes to A + M and examine the charges of fraud.

"The walls were closing in, (because he was investigated for  professional misconduct at the time - including having had sex with a female patient) as Landy's principal --maybe only--source of income was now Brian, not as a patient, but as a business partner.  It was all the more reason for Landy to lead the charge against  Irving Music...That suit, filed in 1989, sought  $50 million in lost publishing royalties and $50 million in punitive damages, while the whole catalog itself, was thought to be worth much more. Landy was to receive 15 percent of all the proceeds." p. 342.  
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 14 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx