gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 11:37:48 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 'Wild Honey' (cover) by rab2591  (Read 13857 times)
Adult Child
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2017, 08:43:48 PM »

Damn this is good

"In my opinion it makes Pet Sounds stink - that's how good it is!" - Dennis Wilson

"Our records were really very good. We're very talented and we know how to do what we do." - Carl Wilson

"The thing is, I'm just pooping along. Some people buzz along. I poop along. I just can't help it; that's the way I am. I'm just a pooper." - Brian Wilson
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2017, 12:47:16 PM »

Logic X? Cool, I have an old Logic 9 system though sadly get less time to "play" around on it these days...haven't ever had a go on Logic X, one day hopefully I will get my teeth into a future version if not X.

Sibilance...
I'm sure others are more qualified than me, but could be down to
Choice of mic
Recording vocals near to hard reflective surfaces
Once it's on the recording however, it can usually tamed with a de-esser plugin, either on the main vocal track or just on the reverb send...the downside is sometimes this can dull the rest of the vocal track even if it improves the sibilance.

I mean it's no biggie, I could never produce such a cool arrangement I truly enjoyed it.

Thanks so much and sorry it took so long to respond! I will definitely try to work on that for my next recordings. Logic X is incredible and I can only imagine that future versions will be even more powerful. Right now this program does more than I need to create tracks - so much so that I probably only know 5% of what this program can actually do.
_______

Thanks all for the kind comments. Niko, that Heroes and Villains cover took me wayyyyy the hell back. Not my best moment of recording at all haha, but maybe I'll do a far more chill version of it one of these days.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
Seagull Merlin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2017, 02:50:09 PM »

Hey I listened to this awhile and it's been a track I've gone back to from time to time. I quite enjoy it and the different take on the song!  Cheesy
orange22
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2017, 11:41:38 AM »

One of the best covers I've ever heard in terms of reinterpreting the feel without being too dissimilar to the original. Thanks for posting.
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2017, 11:55:16 AM »

Thanks Seagull Merlin and Orange22! I'm really hoping to get another cover done sometime soon in the same spirit of this one.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
KaylaWilliamsMusic
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2017, 09:01:32 PM »

So good! This is such a chill rendition, great harmonies and the folk vibe is just too cool.
Also good whistlin skills- wish I could whistle! :D
bringahorseinhere?
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2017, 11:40:30 PM »

Kayla, you covers are incredible, you know your stuff, it's very impressive.
love seeing and hearing your arrangements.  Top Stuff Gal!
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx