gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680852 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 27, 2024, 08:39:51 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mike Love will make up anything to sell books  (Read 9972 times)
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« on: September 02, 2016, 05:38:17 PM »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3767372/Is-Charles-Manson-victim-New-memoir-Beach-Boy-Mike-Love-claims-bandmate-Dennis-Wilson-witnessed-shooting.html

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
Robbie Mac
Smiley Smile Associate

Carl Wilson is not amused.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2016, 06:16:10 PM »

He told the story years ago on Howard Stern. Writers and researchers who have studied the Manson case say that Mike's story is bull.

The world could come together as one
If everybody under the sun
Adds some 🎼 to your day
tpesky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2016, 07:24:36 PM »

Considering all that Mike has accomplished in his career...I can't get over the fact an entire chapter was devoted to the Manson thing.
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2016, 07:27:42 PM »

Told it on the Stern show, October 1992.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2016, 07:28:12 PM »

^

Ahhh...I KNEW I heard it before...thank you

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2016, 07:39:21 PM »

Understanding that publishers need to promote, sell, and publicize their books through the media by often pulling the more sensational teasers out of them to get the coverage, but when I saw this one breaking like it was a new revelation, it didn't sound right. Maybe to the magazines and tabloids it's new, but the way they had people from the DA's office or investigators or whatever all that was commenting on the case like it was newly turned info, it had been out for at least 24 years since that Stern interview.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2016, 07:41:13 PM »

The funny part is, it's the only aspect of the book the media is talking about!

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Debbie KL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2016, 12:27:02 AM »

Yep.  There's that TV show "Aquarius," so that's where the click-bait set is focused.  Maybe it will sell a few Denny cd's?  LOL
Ang Jones
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2016, 01:03:38 AM »

Yep.  There's that TV show "Aquarius," so that's where the click-bait set is focused.  Maybe it will sell a few Denny cd's?  LOL

That would be the silver lining to this particular cloud.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2016, 01:04:43 AM »

LOL

Cool Cool Water
Smiley Smile Associate

Don't Edit Yourself

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2016, 03:08:27 AM »

Mike on The Howard Stern Show, 10/6/92.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmOpwvh4P-Y
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2016, 08:12:58 AM »

Listening to the end of it now.  Thanks for posting the link. 

Howard can certainly make you laugh.  LOL

Last spring a family from Montreal has been chasing down (Jane Doe #59) whether this is Manson "family" (particular style of gruesome manner of homicide) murder.
There are many unsolved murders from that era.  I am not so quick to dismiss all these unsolved murders.  Roman Polanski/Sharon Tate was high profile and got instant global because of Polanski's film world status, and continuous media play because they were "somebody." 

Many of these similarly-situated (whether in LA or not) victim's murders seem to have similar characteristics.  What I did not know (because I was only paying attention to BB-related stuff) is that those people were drug dealing, moved around, and perhaps using this "cult" mentality in their drug business. I am learning along with many others about this. 

http://latimes.com/local/la-me-jane-doe-manson-killings-identified-20160427-story.html   

And Sharon Tate's sister has been involved. (I had no idea she was still looking for answers.)

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/Charles-Tex-Watson-Manson-LAPD-Lawyer-Audio-Tape-Recordings-Murders-174881381.html

Only your family gives a damn if your murder is solved, decades after everyone else has forgotten.  Maybe more than the investigators. There is a poor murder solve rate.

The LAPD has been given federal grants to help solve cases going back to 2011. I am keeping an open mind, especially since a family is till coming forward for answers.

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2011/10/11/federal-grants-help-lapd-detectives-solve-cold-cases/ 
Empire Of Love
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2016, 09:51:08 AM »

Last spring a family from Montreal has been chasing down (Jane Doe #59) whether this is Manson "family" (particular style of gruesome manner of homicide) murder.
There are many unsolved murders from that era.  I am not so quick to dismiss all these unsolved murders.  Roman Polanski/Sharon Tate was high profile and got instant global because of Polanski's film world status, and continuous media play because they were "somebody." 

Many of these similarly-situated (whether in LA or not) victim's murders seem to have similar characteristics.  What I did not know (because I was only paying attention to BB-related stuff) is that those people were drug dealing, moved around, and perhaps using this "cult" mentality in their drug business. I am learning along with many others about this. 

http://latimes.com/local/la-me-jane-doe-manson-killings-identified-20160427-story.html   

And Sharon Tate's sister has been involved. (I had no idea she was still looking for answers.)

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/Charles-Tex-Watson-Manson-LAPD-Lawyer-Audio-Tape-Recordings-Murders-174881381.html

Only your family gives a damn if your murder is solved, decades after everyone else has forgotten.  Maybe more than the investigators. There is a poor murder solve rate.

The LAPD has been given federal grants to help solve cases going back to 2011. I am keeping an open mind, especially since a family is till coming forward for answers.

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2011/10/11/federal-grants-help-lapd-detectives-solve-cold-cases/ 

Shew.  You really are putting in some overtime with Cam gone.

EoL

The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2016, 10:15:49 AM »

Shew.  You really are putting in some overtime with Cam gone.

EoL

Since we don't have a "like" feature, here goes- LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
Rick5150
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2016, 11:14:03 AM »

Hahaha. Mike tells Howard his wife Jacqueline is half black and half Italian and Howard says, "Do you know what that means? She steals razors to shave her mustache." I was really hoping they would get to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame speech...
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2016, 11:18:11 AM »

As someone of mixed race, I really don't find that funny.

Debbie KL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2016, 11:48:40 AM »

It's not.  Maybe Iain Lee can get a job with that show.  Snarky is apparently the new "funny?"  But then one must whine and scream when people call out the crap and stupidity.  Such a charming combination of qualities.

They did, at least, talk about the R&RHOF speech...“…I was firing on all those egomaniacs in that room…”  No wonder it worked so well.  It came from a man of such deep humility.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2016, 12:09:24 PM by Debbie KL » Logged
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2016, 12:46:02 PM »

I was firing on all those egomaniacs in that room…

So he fired on himself too? Wow...I heard one can go blind from that.

Debbie KL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2016, 01:12:46 PM »

LOL
I was firing on all those egomaniacs in that room…

So he fired on himself too? Wow...I heard one can go blind from that.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2016, 01:16:40 PM »

Furlock Holmes solved the case!

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2016, 01:40:21 PM »

:D

thorgil
Smiley Smile Associate

GREAT post, Rab!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2016, 05:02:58 PM »

It's not funny Billy, not at all.

DIT, DIT, DIT, HEROES AND VILLAINS...
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2016, 05:38:58 PM »

On a lighter note...we both have bunnies for avatars!!!

Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2016, 06:01:19 PM »

Understanding that publishers need to promote, sell, and publicize their books through the media by often pulling the more sensational teasers out of them to get the coverage....

To get the thread back on topic....This!

Brian's book in October will no doubt have some promotion to. I expect some Landy/ Love and Mercy movie/ The REAL story hype for the same purpose. To sell books.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2016, 06:04:46 PM by Pretty Funky » Logged
urbanite
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2016, 06:48:13 PM »

Who is to say that Mike isn't repeating exactly what Dennis told him about his experience with Manson.
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx