gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 08:12:41 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Iain Lee's Opinion Of This Forum: "I'd kill everybody on that board. Everybody."  (Read 35643 times)
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #125 on: September 01, 2016, 06:39:08 PM »

I would really have enjoyed a clear, simple answer as to how kds has been insulted, etc. - particularly by me, from my perspective. But every question I asked regarding something more specific that I could understand about this was, apparently another insult? I can only assume that was the case, since I never received a direct answer.  I wonder how asking a question for clarification is being "aggressive."  

And now he's saying we're being too 'defensive', yet told me I was going on  the 'offensive'. One moment I'm being level-headed, next minute I'm 'immature'.

I'm done trying to make sense of it. I tried.

Now for the original topic, this guy Iain...

he's now playing the victim on the BS forum, talking about how he's heartbroken and everything. You know, the same guy who said he'd kill everybody here...the same guy who started a thread about Mike trying to *start* arguments and lied about why he was doing it? What we have here is a 43 year old man acting like a petulant child. This is someone who I initially thought had some integrity about him (going off on that bigoted bitch from a militant Christian group, for instance) but has proven to be exactly the same cocky phony-baloney radio type as all the rest. He's the REAL 'Mr. sh*t Stirrer'.

If anyone starts feeling bad for Mr. Lee, let me mention that on his Facebook page he not only has posted a link to this thread seemingly trying to paint the board as the bad guys even though the thread title and his very own Facebook post contain his own "joking" threat, he has also allowed a comment from someone else on his post where the commenter suggests luring Beach Boys fans into a theater for a fake Beach Boys gig and then filling the theater with deadly gas. Hilarious, right?

But apparently everyone on this board is an American with no sense of humor. *That's* the problem apparently.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1139417299485362&id=160579384035830

The guy even missed the obvious opening for a joke about how "Brianistas" wouldn't show up for a BB gig anyway.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 06:48:29 PM by HeyJude » Logged

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #126 on: September 01, 2016, 06:47:28 PM »

Is anyone in Mr. Lee's circle capable of comedy that's more creative than death threat scenarios stolen from a "Scooby Doo" episode?

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #127 on: September 01, 2016, 06:57:51 PM »

He's the new Dane Cook for the millennial generation.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #128 on: September 01, 2016, 06:59:22 PM »

Is anyone in Mr. Lee's circle capable of comedy that's more creative than death threat scenarios stolen from a "Scooby Doo" episode?

That's hilarious considering he's on the level of Scrappy Doo .

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #129 on: September 01, 2016, 07:00:50 PM »

Like watching a Bewitched episode with Dick Sargent.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #130 on: September 01, 2016, 07:01:36 PM »

Or the Three Stooges with Curly Joe.

Robbie Mac
Smiley Smile Associate

Carl Wilson is not amused.

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 01, 2016, 07:04:00 PM »

That's hilarious. The screencap that got used.

The world could come together as one
If everybody under the sun
Adds some 🎼 to your day
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #132 on: September 01, 2016, 07:05:30 PM »

Or Blue's Clues without  Steve

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #133 on: September 01, 2016, 07:07:14 PM »

I almost did five Brians. Or Iain Lee in Mike's place LOL

HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #134 on: September 01, 2016, 07:07:53 PM »

I still can't tell if the guy is just trying to be ironic. It's essentially "Look at these assholes who started a thread about me to criticize me. But please ignore that the thread and entire  conversation revolves around me saying two months ago I wanted to murder everyone on the board."
« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 07:08:27 PM by HeyJude » Logged

rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: September 01, 2016, 07:13:14 PM »

I would really have enjoyed a clear, simple answer as to how kds has been insulted, etc. - particularly by me, from my perspective. But every question I asked regarding something more specific that I could understand about this was, apparently another insult? I can only assume that was the case, since I never received a direct answer.  I wonder how asking a question for clarification is being "aggressive."  

And now he's saying we're being too 'defensive', yet told me I was going on  the 'offensive'. One moment I'm being level-headed, next minute I'm 'immature'.

I'm done trying to make sense of it. I tried.

Now for the original topic, this guy Iain...

he's now playing the victim on the BS forum, talking about how he's heartbroken and everything. You know, the same guy who said he'd kill everybody here...the same guy who started a thread about Mike trying to *start* arguments and lied about why he was doing it? What we have here is a 43 year old man acting like a petulant child. This is someone who I initially thought had some integrity about him (going off on that bigoted bitch from a militant Christian group, for instance) but has proven to be exactly the same cocky phony-baloney radio type as all the rest. He's the REAL 'Mr. sh*t Stirrer'.

Wait, Iain is 43? Given his little tirades I thought at best he was mid/early 20s. But if this board has taught me anything in the last couple years it's that no matter what your age is or how gray your beard you can still do and say the most childish sh*t.

He should definitely feel at home on the BS board (great title for that btw). And Billy, you summed up pretty perfectly why people get so defensive about the anti-Brian sentiment around here. And I have said repeatedly there are things I don't like about NPP, but I also realize that Brian is a human being just like us who poured his heart and soul into that record...so I try to be a bit tactful about my criticisms.

The horrendous PM rumors I read about Melinda, the hysterical defense Sheriff John Stone laid out of his years of utter nonsense (I mock Brian's music and those close to him because I love him!), the outlandish and utterly psychotic lengths people will go to defend Mike Love - all of this now has a little pleasant cesspool on that other board...and it's nice to see that people of that calibre are quitting this board and continuing to join that board...So hopefully this forum and the Brian Wilson forum can get back to constructive talk about the music.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 07:14:52 PM by rab2591 » Logged

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #136 on: September 01, 2016, 07:20:06 PM »

Yeah, it's like this board needed a colon cleanse.

Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 01, 2016, 07:38:00 PM »

I think we may still have a turd around here.  Roll Eyes

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #138 on: September 01, 2016, 07:39:21 PM »

Nah he flushed himself although his account is still active...guess that makes him a floater!

Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 01, 2016, 07:45:51 PM »

Let's hope he doesn't stink up the place to much.  Grin

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 01, 2016, 08:06:50 PM »

Nah he flushed himself although his account is still active...guess that makes him a floater!

LOL LOL LOL

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
Please delete my account
Smiley Smile Associate

Please delete my account

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 02, 2016, 01:35:53 AM »

I haven't read the whole thread but I see the phrase "death threats" is being loosely tossed about.

Being a fan of the Richard Herring podcast, I heard this episode when it first appeared , and thought nothing of it. It's a humorous discussion. RH asks often outrageous or ridiculous questions and sometimes unexpectedly interesting answers are elicited. In this case the question was, who would you kill if you could be certain of getting away with it? Now, a boring answer would be "no one" or some terrorist leader. Instead, (having just come from being tarred and feathered on this message board), he vented a little with this hyperbolic answer. I found it funny. It was obvious hyperbole. I didn't take it personally, because I knew he wasn't talking about me. It was almost flattering we were worthy of mention. And of course the audience found it hilarious he (or anyone) was ever on a Beach Boys message board in the first place.

And now suddenly this is worthy of it's own post? In the ON-TOPIC section? And just when things looked they had calmed down a bit and peace reigned again?

Please delete my account. I'm as against that ridiculous Mike Love character as the next guy but that doesn't mean I can't agree to disagree with people who defend him.

Yes, I am a member of the Pet Sounds board, yes, there are a few bad apples there too. But at least you can block/ignore them there, which function would have come in very handy on this board.

Please delete my account
Disney Boy (1985)
« Reply #142 on: September 02, 2016, 02:22:37 AM »

First of all, Iain was clearly - clearly - exaggerating for comic effect. Anyone who genuinely thinks he meant he really would kill everyone on Smiley Smile needs to urgently acquire a sense of humour... (It's just a guess, but I'll bet he's had a look at this thread and had a right good chuckle!)

Secondly, is it any wonder Iain gave up on this place? The level of petty sniping, deliberate provocation and just flat-out mean-spirited jealousy that was directed towards him was almost comical - and it was actively encouraged by those who should have known better.

But while you're all busy bitching on this depressing site, Iain will no doubt continue to have articles published in respectable music magazines and oversee successful record reissue campaigns - not bad for a '3rd rate british [sic] version of Bubba the Love Sponge'. Oh, and a 'wanker' and a 'fucking tool'. Where are the moderators in all of this uncensored abuse??

I don't even really know why I've even logged back on here again. I guess I wanted to see if things had improved - but no, clearly not.

Right, I'm off to Brighton to see Brian at the Brighton Festival with my lovely wife... Bye - enjoy bitching in my (permanent) absence Smiley
« Last Edit: September 02, 2016, 02:24:16 AM by Disney Boy (1985) » Logged
Ang Jones
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 02, 2016, 02:28:16 AM »

The insults and throwing a wobbly certainly aren't unique to the Smiley Smile board. I was involved in a FB thread yesterday in which several really nasty remarks about Mike were made but my suggesting that Mike had a history of litigation was the one that elicited a very rude response from one guy (now unfriended and blocked!).

Mike often comes in for criticism because of the kind of comments he has made and no doubt with the book shortly to be on the shelves we'll see more of it. Brian is far less contentious and so I would be surprised if his book causes the same - or anything like the same - amount of bad feeling.

Bittersweet-Insanity
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 02, 2016, 02:34:37 AM »

damn, this place is falling apart. Hold yer hats, Sailors! police think we're in for a rough tide
Tab Lloyd
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 02, 2016, 02:45:06 AM »

Disney Boy, too cool for school. I guess murder humour is your cup of tea. 'Comic effect'...you mean like the joke about Manson blowing the black guy away and stuffing him down a well. That was quite a howler, whaddnit? No one spins a yarn like Mr. Love. Of course he was only 'exaggerating'...after all it might sell a few more copies before it goes to the bargain bin.
Smilin Ed H
« Reply #146 on: September 02, 2016, 03:49:42 AM »

damn, this place is falling apart. Hold yer hats, Sailors! police think we're in for a rough tide

No it's not. Where's the evidence? Where did anyone say that? Where? Where? Just your opinion, I know.

Tell you what, kids, if you feel the threat is genuine, report him. If not, man (or woman) up and ignore it, but - and I'm saying this as a Brianista of several years standing, who has very little time for the opinions of a couple of posters on PS (one of whom still posts on here under the same name) - I'm out of here.  Close my account.
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 02, 2016, 04:01:41 AM »

Tell you what, kids, if you feel the threat is genuine, report him. If not, man (or woman) up and ignore it, but - and I'm saying this as a Brianista of several years standing, who has very little time for the opinions of a couple of posters on PS (one of whom still posts on here under the same name) - I'm out of here.  Close my account.

Damn! That means I'm on full-time obituary duty...

Goodness----you will be greatly missed, sir. Luckily there's still the Friday Night Boys blog. And, of course, your posts at PS...

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 02, 2016, 05:05:57 AM »

First of all, Iain was clearly - clearly - exaggerating for comic effect. Anyone who genuinely thinks he meant he really would kill everyone on Smiley Smile needs to urgently acquire a sense of humour... (It's just a guess, but I'll bet he's had a look at this thread and had a right good chuckle!)

Secondly, is it any wonder Iain gave up on this place? The level of petty sniping, deliberate provocation and just flat-out mean-spirited jealousy that was directed towards him was almost comical - and it was actively encouraged by those who should have known better.

So Iain comes here provoking a board on a very sensitive issue, and we're the ones to blame for the petty sniping? Two hours of research using the very obvious "search" button at the top of the page could've elicited the very answers that Iain was supposedly looking for. Instead, he chose to, as AGD put it, stir the pot (on a board already full of arguments about this very issue).

As for the original "research" thread... yes, it was a conscious stirring of the pot by the author. Otherwise he would have titled it something decidedly less provocative than "Why Do You Hate Mike Love" - say, "What Do Posters Here Think Of Mike Love".

So we all give our opinions in a 37 page thread, and Iain seems to completely ignore the obvious rational arguments. Instead, we hate Mike Love because he supposedly hated Pet Sounds. We hate Mike Love because of his feud with Dennis. We hate Mike Love because of Kokomo. We also hate Mike Love because of his nasaly voice. And that's it. NOTHING mentioned about the lawsuits unless I skimmed over that (especially the one a decade ago over a picture on a freebie CD), the comments about Al Jardine in that lawsuit, nothing mentioned about Mike continuously insinuating Brian is controlled, Mike's seemingly snide outlook on Brian taking prescription meds, Mike's comments that Brian is handled, overweight, out of shape, can't sing like he used to, a solo single of Brian's would be great if there's no autotune, etc etc. I'm sure Iain culled his research from a multitude of sources, but it seems like he ignored the blatantly obvious arguments about why a lot of people have a negative outlook towards the man. Is it any wonder people weren't too happy with Iain after that, especially after "stirring the pot" on a board already awash in turmoil over that very issue?

As for the killing comment - of course it's not genuine, it's just in very poor taste. I'll say that had OSD made that same comment jokingly there'd be an uproar and he would most likely have been permabanned here and elsewhere.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2016, 05:07:40 AM by rab2591 » Logged

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
Robbie Mac
Smiley Smile Associate

Carl Wilson is not amused.

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: September 02, 2016, 05:07:52 AM »

And joking about killing people is not funny.

The world could come together as one
If everybody under the sun
Adds some 🎼 to your day
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx