gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680739 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 18, 2024, 03:47:40 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: We Got Love (Studio Version)  (Read 1768 times)
Bill Ed
« on: August 27, 2016, 01:46:33 PM »

I've listened to the studio version of this song on the Holland SACD several times now. It sounds more like a demo than a finished recording to me. Does anyone know if this was presented to Warner Brothers as the finished product? 
The_Beach
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2016, 01:59:47 PM »

I believe it was and it was gonna be. If i remember correctly the album was almost ready to go but at the last second they remembered they did Sail On Sailor and decided to through that one on instead so they got rid of the weakest song on the album which was We Got Love.
Bill Ed
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2016, 02:09:47 PM »

My recollection is that the group offered up We Got Love for consideration as the first single from Holland. I agree with you that it would have been the weakest cut on the album had it not been axed.
HeroesandVillains
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2016, 02:45:07 PM »

I believe it was and it was gonna be. If i remember correctly the album was almost ready to go but at the last second they remembered they did Sail On Sailor and decided to through that one on instead so they got rid of the weakest song on the album which was We Got Love.

They presented the album to Warner who rejected it because of the albums apprent lack of a hit single. So they cut We got love out and put Sail on, Sailor in it's place. The wrong tapes were sent out for pressing the album, so that's why on some very early versions of the album, Sail on, Sailor is missing and We got Love is there instead.

The_Beach
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2016, 02:56:33 PM »

They presented the album to Warner who rejected it because of the albums apprent lack of a hit single. So they cut We got love out and put Sail on, Sailor in it's place. The wrong tapes were sent out for pressing the album, so that's why on some very early versions of the album, Sail on, Sailor is missing and We got Love is there instead.

They should of left We Got Love on the album and through on an extra song of Sail on Sailor!
Robbie Mac
Smiley Smile Associate

Carl Wilson is not amused.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2016, 04:47:11 PM »

The studio version of We Got Love actually made it on to some German pressings of HOLLAND.

The world could come together as one
If everybody under the sun
Adds some 🎼 to your day
dogear
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2016, 04:47:38 AM »

The studio version of We Got Love actually made it on to some German pressings of HOLLAND.
Some hundreds were pressed and then withdrawn, when the mistake was noticed
The same happened with the German Help me Rhonda and California Saga 45s, first pressing had the Today/album version of the songs - this was rectified with the secong pressing.

Watson, did you hear this?
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx