gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680747 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 01:54:29 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: And so it starts....  (Read 15441 times)
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« on: August 26, 2016, 06:51:31 PM »

A message posted by David Anderle's son Jonathan:

>>>Mike Love,

I understand that you have been very annoyed with things that pop had said about you in the past. But to insinuate as you do in your book that the sale of the Beach Boys' catalog to Almo/Irving publishing and dad's later involvement with A&M Records was all part of a connected "scam" is nonsensical and libelous. It's unfortunate that you waited until dad was gone to make this claim, but that really says everything. Nothing you can do will dampen my love for the music of which you were a vital part, but it's frustrating that there will be some people who will believe this to be true, even though most people will very much consider the source.  <<<

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2016, 06:58:32 PM »

Woah, that is some serious conspiracy thinking on Mike's part...  Roll Eyes

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2016, 07:25:37 PM »

Facebook? No source given.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2016, 07:26:05 PM »

A message posted by David Anderle's son Jonathan:

>>>Mike Love,

I understand that you have been very annoyed with things that pop had said about you in the past. But to insinuate as you do in your book that the sale of the Beach Boys' catalog to Almo/Irving publishing and dad's later involvement with A&M Records was all part of a connected "scam" is nonsensical and libelous. It's unfortunate that you waited until dad was gone to make this claim, but that really says everything. Nothing you can do will dampen my love for the music of which you were a vital part, but it's frustrating that there will be some people who will believe this to be true, even though most people will very much consider the source.  <<<

Wow...that was quite vile. (Not from Jonathan's end)

It's unfortunate that you waited until dad was gone to make this claim, but that really says everything.

It certainly does.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Dove Nested Towers
Smiley Smile Associate

Goodnight, Mrs. Calabash, wherever you are!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2016, 08:20:24 PM »

Zinggg! Evil

"The police aren't there to create disorder,
they're there to preserve disorder!" -Mayor
Daly, Chicago 1968
bringahorseinhere?
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2016, 08:25:34 PM »

Poke
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2016, 08:52:55 PM »

I tried to tell everyone that this guy was a bad actor and no damn good years ago. I can't say how satisfying it is to see it come to fruition. I's all finally unfolding  and I  would absolutely relish seeing that ungrateful slab of olive loaf have his sorry rear end hauled through the legal system losing a good slice of his unearned monies not to mention cementing his legacy as an all around wart on the band.

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2016, 07:53:06 AM »

I guess this book is trying to tie in Anderle with the "druggies, thieves, and plagiarizers" named in Mike's 2005 lawsuit.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Wrightfan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2016, 08:14:43 AM »

I think it's inevitable that both sides are heading for yet another lawsuit.

As for me, I will read neither book. I prefer to stick to the music.
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2016, 08:24:44 AM »

Dead Horse  In the words of Gomer Pyle..."Surprise, Surprise, Surprise!!!!"   Angry

Wall  This is gonna be like the Hall of Fame thingy...I hope he doesn't mention ME in his misguided little 'novel'. Jedi Duel

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
Debbie KL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2016, 09:37:44 AM »

Obviously, I only know what Jonathan Anderle said, not what was in the book, so I can't comment on that specifically.  What I will say is that it was very well known in the 60's and beyond that David Anderle was one of the most respected figures ever in the music business.  He was an artists' advocate and he cultivated and protected the best of the best in composers, performers, et al.  The music always came first with him, as well as the people who created it.  I can't imagine why anyone would attack the man.
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2016, 09:40:57 AM »

Obviously, I only know what Jonathan Anderle said, not what was in the book, so I can't comment on that specifically.  What I will say is that it was very well known in the 60's and beyond that David Anderle was one of the most respected figures ever in the music business.  He was an artists' advocate and he cultivated and protected the best of the best in composers, performers, et al.  The music always came first with him, as well as the people who created it.  I can't imagine why anyone would attack the man.

Like so many others that have left this life at a relatively early age, I still can't believe that David Anderle is gone. To Debbie's point, Sheryl Crow is one artist who's career has definitely benefitted from the guidance of David Anderle.
Ninten
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2016, 09:42:03 AM »

I read this thread title thinking Brian had announced that he'd begun work on a new album or something. But of course, it's just more bitterness.
Debbie KL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2016, 10:29:20 AM »

I read this thread title thinking Brian had announced that he'd begun work on a new album or something. But of course, it's just more bitterness.

Hmm - I thought what C-man and I said was in honor of a great man, David Anderle.  Please explain to me where we were being "bitter."
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2016, 10:34:35 AM »

I think one of the points Jonathan Anderle may be alluding to is that it is, under the law, impossible to libel or slander a deceased person. You can kinda claim whatever you want; their estate or family can't sue in most cases.

One of the "benefits" of waiting until you're 75 and many of your contemporaries are gone to write your "setting things straight" book. Just be glad Brian is still alive (beyond the obvious reasons), because a Mike book written with no possibility of Brian suing would invariably be even *more* inflammatory than whatever is there now.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2016, 10:45:15 AM »

To take that route...one would have to be OH-SO challenged in terms of being able to actually produce so much as even 1 ball ... another person would have to think.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2016, 01:28:56 PM by Add Some » Logged

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2016, 11:07:24 AM »

Hmm - I thought what C-man and I said was in honor of a great man, David Anderle.  Please explain to me where we were being "bitter."

Maybe he meant bitterness from Mike...?

All I know is that I'll continue to defend Mike's contributions to the music, but I've lost all respect for him as a person over the last few years.

One of the "benefits" of waiting until you're 75 and many of your contemporaries are gone to write your "setting things straight" book. Just be glad Brian is still alive (beyond the obvious reasons), because a Mike book written with no possibility of Brian suing would invariably be even *more* inflammatory than whatever is there now.

That is so cowardly. And if Mike were to outlive Brian and talk smack about him, I'd join the long line of people waiting to teach him some 'respect'.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2016, 11:13:35 AM »

All I know is that I'll continue to defend Mike's contributions to the music, but I've lost all respect for him as a person over the last few years.

That is so cowardly. And if Mike were to outlive Brian and talk smack about him, I'd join the long line of people waiting to teach him some 'respect'.

The line has been forming for quite a few years reaching the moon and back several times. Please step to the right to join.

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2016, 11:32:23 AM »

I have a feeling if i were to read his book, I might cut in line.

Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2016, 11:41:32 AM »

Like so many others that have left this life at a relatively early age, I still can't believe that David Anderle is gone. To Debbie's point, Sheryl Crow is one artist who's career has definitely benefitted from the guidance of David Anderle.

He also worked for Kris Kristofferson. In Kris' "If you don't like Hank Williams" you can even hear him (Kris) mentioning David Anderle's name during the outro.

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Debbie KL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2016, 12:49:31 PM »

Billy - Thanks for pointing that out.  Since the comment appeared right after my and c-man's posts I thought they were being referenced.  If the poster doesn't reply, I'll assume that's what he meant.

And thanks for adding more, Rocker, to honoring David Anderle's legacy.
Robbie Mac
Smiley Smile Associate

Carl Wilson is not amused.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2016, 01:58:20 PM »

quote author=c-man link=topic=24300.msg587139#msg587139 date=1472316057]
Obviously, I only know what Jonathan Anderle said, not what was in the book, so I can't comment on that specifically.  What I will say is that it was very well known in the 60's and beyond that David Anderle was one of the most respected figures ever in the music business.  He was an artists' advocate and he cultivated and protected the best of the best in composers, performers, et al.  The music always came first with him, as well as the people who created it.  I can't imagine why anyone would attack the man.

[/quote]

You can also add the Gin Blossoms to that list since he was heavily involved with their career.

Also Anderle produced Missouri natives Ozark Mountain Daredevils. David co-produced this hit with Glyn Johns. Ozark Mountain Daredevils - Jackie Blue: http://youtu.be/zrbNeOEG0GY

« Last Edit: August 27, 2016, 02:07:55 PM by Andy Botwin » Logged

The world could come together as one
If everybody under the sun
Adds some 🎼 to your day
Robbie Mac
Smiley Smile Associate

Carl Wilson is not amused.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2016, 02:00:21 PM »

Mike attacks a respected figure in the music business who, coincidentally, is not alive to defend himself.

The world could come together as one
If everybody under the sun
Adds some 🎼 to your day
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2016, 02:06:39 PM »

Mike needs to add a song to his live set, a modified Led Zeppelin cover, "Everybody's Fault But Mike's"  LOL
Autotune
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2016, 02:14:31 PM »

Has anyone here read the book yet? What does Mike imply/say? Must it be pure bullshit beacause Anderele was a great guy? I mean: it could be bullshit for other reasons. Or maybe he has a point. Could he?

"His lyrical ability has never been touched by anyone, except for Mike Love."

-Brian Wilson on Van Dyke Parks (2015)
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx