gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 06:19:59 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 1975's California Music WDFFIL Single Information  (Read 5498 times)
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« on: January 07, 2006, 09:41:44 PM »

Anyone have any pictures or even own this 'what i think would be really rare singe?' I know Brian produced with Terry Melcer on this, did he add vocals? Who sang lead? I think Bruce had some involvement too. and the B-side, was that Dont worry Baby or Jamaca Farewell? Brian involved with that? Was this around the time Brian was said to be 'reproducing' the old hits catalogue? Any info on that question mark in BB history?

I know it was a whole lot of questions and I appreciate everyone who participates!

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
zyzzyballuba
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2006, 01:21:10 AM »

California Music was Curt Boettcher (by then Becher).  I don't believe WDFFIL was released as a single... Jamaica Farewell was, though, on RCA, 1976.  Bruce and Terry, as well as Gary Usher, were fairly involved with the project; Brian was supposedly involved, but I dunno to what extent.  I'd be pretty sure Curt was the force behind this, and Brian, I dunno, stopped by the studio one day.  That's my guess.
oldsurferdude
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2006, 07:00:49 AM »

I have the single by California Music- The A side is RCA Victor NB10363A, WDFFIL Produced by Brian Wilson and its in stereo-yhe B side is NB10363B, Don't  Worry Baby also in stereo, but  no production credit-it was given to me by a friend who was a dj who played both sides on his show-perhaps it wasn't formally released, but copies were sent to stations-by the way, there is a small "not for sale" sticker on both sides and I failed to mention the the EQUINOX logo is also printed on both sides as well-I also have another single that came out at the same time by Papa Doo Run Run on RCA Victor NB10404-Be True To Your School b/w Disney Girls, NB10404B-Both sides are in stereo and have the EQUINOX logo anlong with the "not for sale" sticker-this single says produced by Bruce Johnston-this was aired as well-
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2006, 07:23:36 AM »

"WDFFIL", co-produced by Brian & Terry Melcher, lead vocal Terry, Brian's in there on the bvs. It was released -I've seen stock copies: part of Brian's production deal with Equnox, which called for 36 sides over an undefined period of time.. Not one of Brian's shining moments.

"Jamaica Farewell" - Brian plays organ.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Jason
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2006, 01:33:21 PM »

This is sort of related to the California Music/Brian Wilson situation - is that statement from Carl about Terry Melcher and Sly Stone being drug buddies with Brian true?
« Last Edit: January 08, 2006, 01:53:20 PM by Jason » Logged
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2006, 02:13:46 AM »

This is sort of related to the California Music/Brian Wilson situation - is that statement from Carl about Terry Melcher and Sly Stone being drug buddies with Brian true?

Well, yes, but Carl swiftly issued an apology - apparently it was said in the heat of the moment.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Jason
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2006, 11:08:19 AM »

Poor Brian, not even his trusted producer friends could be counted on to keep him away from the dope.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx