gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680749 Posts in 27614 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 05:11:37 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: the ultimate version of both Smile and Filet of Soul  (Read 2170 times)
joshferrell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: August 24, 2016, 06:05:09 PM »

I put together what I think is the ultimate version of Smile, using a what if scenario, basically what if Brian was allowed a few more months to finish it, I figured that most of the songs that eventually ended up on Smiley Smile would have been recorded anyways but for Smile, so I decided to add them to the smile recording as well as I added the various comedy bits and sounds effects that were recorded and it sounds Pretty cool, I must say so  myself, also I added "Three Blind Mice" to the Barnyard Suite augmented with my own vocals.. I wanted all the songs to have vocals (unless I thought of them a possible instrumentals" so I used not only the songs from the "Smile Sessions" but also songs from "Brian Wilson presents Smile" (In Mono to match the other songs), "Smiley Smile", from various bootlegs like "Psychedelic Sounds" and songs from "Hawthorn" in three suites each suite in each own track,I placed "Heroes and Villains 1&2" on it and I think you will be surprised by some of the mixes on it, some will come out of left field, I also did what I think would have been a complete version of Jan and Dean's Filet of Soul, using Jan Berry's acetate as well as what their label eventually released, so I added "Let's hang on", "Everyone Loves a clown" and "I found a girl" and surprisingly enough they actually work. I hope you enjoy the both of these..

http://www.mediafire.com/download/4d1mcbykcvdkbyc/Smile_suite_1.mp3

http://www.mediafire.com/download/p7olr5kf75uks16/smile_suite_2.mp3

http://www.mediafire.com/download/g2kutvuen4ovn2j/Smile_suite_3.mp3

http://www.mediafire.com/download/d99imh01iahvznw/filet_of_soul.mp3
IainLee
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2016, 06:17:24 PM »

Thanks. I'll grab these in the morning. Just interviewed Dean this evening for my radio show. What a top bloke.
joshferrell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2016, 06:28:00 PM »

Thanks. I'll grab these in the morning. Just interviewed Dean this evening for my radio show. What a top bloke.
cool... I hope you like the Filet of soul....I think it actually makes sense the way I put certain songs in it, for example I placed "Everybody Loves a clown" after Jan is doing the "We're going to do another song for you" joke at he beginning and then it goes into "Cathy' Clown" so we have two songs about clowns in a row, which emphasize the comedic aspect of the album..also the country intro to "Let's Hang on" goes right into the "Filet of Soul" (released version) of it..
Nile
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2016, 11:10:55 PM »

Hey, mediafire blocked first link!
joshferrell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2016, 08:01:36 AM »

Hey, mediafire blocked first link!
Okay does anyone know of another file sharing site I can use (for free) to repost these? Thanks...
HeroesandVillains
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2016, 04:09:30 AM »

Can we get a track listing?
joshferrell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2016, 03:38:59 PM »

Can we get a track listing?
sure give me a couple days :-)
HeroesandVillains