gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680599 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 12:38:36 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Farmer's Daughter on new SACD of Surfin' USA  (Read 1503 times)
donbrhoden
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: August 24, 2016, 04:21:16 PM »

I just bought all the new hybrid SACDs from Acoustic Sounds and have listened to the first three albums. The sound is great..... Except there is a loud pop/click in the left channel 1.5 seconds into the stereo Farmer's Daughter along with another click sound later in the recording. I hear it on my CD player, SACD player, computer, and IPod. When I play this he 1990, 2001, and 2012 CDs, it is not there. I called Acoustic Sounds, and they say it is present on other copies of this SACD also.  Am I the first to notice this?  It kind of makes me mad that this wasn't fixed. Anyone else notice this
Bill Ed
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2016, 12:22:07 AM »

The noise going on during the first few seconds of both the stereo and mono versions sounds like something happening in the studio. I don't think it has anything to do with damage to the master tapes or some other defect. I also hear a click or two later in the song, as you have mentioned.
donbrhoden
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2016, 03:30:45 PM »

I hear a click between 1 and 2 seconds, then something the band members are doing, which is on the other CDs of Surfin' USA.  I also  hear some static in the left channel at the beginning of pom-pom Playgirl on Shut Down Vol 2. Unfortunately there are some bad spots of static in Sunflower and Suf's Up. I'm a little disappointed, at $30 a pop my old 2001 and 2012 CDs didn't have these. They are noticeable on iPod, computer, and Harman Kardan CD player, with Shure headphones and ear phones.  Anybody else notice this?
donbrhoden
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2016, 07:31:54 PM »

Well I bought a second copy of Surfin USA and it's on there too. Clearly a mastering defect.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx