gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 08:50:29 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian Wilson - Pet Sounds Tour Program  (Read 2038 times)
KDS
« on: August 24, 2016, 12:58:15 PM »

So, I noticed something interesting in the Pet Sounds Tour Program I picked up at last night's concert. 

There's a section with some outtakes from the album cover photo shoot, featuring Brian, Dennis, Carl, and Al. 

Does the fact that Mike's image was not used anywhere an indication of the current relationship between Brian and Mike, or am I reading too much into it?
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2016, 01:01:34 PM »

So, I noticed something interesting in the Pet Sounds Tour Program I picked up at last night's concert.  

There's a section with some outtakes from the album cover photo shoot, featuring Brian, Dennis, Carl, and Al.  

Does the fact that Mike's image was not used anywhere an indication of the current relationship between Brian and Mike, or am I reading too much into it?

I think someone else raised this some time back on another thread (not sure which thread). It's certainly not impossible that they are choosing to leave Mike out due to the current rift. But there also are some potentially open questions as to what sort of payment might be due to people for using their likeness in such a product.

Also keep in mind that Brian was literally sued by Mike back in the 2000s for using a pic of the full BBs on a giveaway CD. So perhaps after that point, the safest thing to do is simply keep Mike out of it to avoid even the potential for litigation.

If a guy talked s**t about me in interviews all the time and previously sued me for using his picture on a freebie CD, I wouldn't hesitate a great deal about just choosing to leave him out of my tour program.

Nobody whose opinion matters doesn't know Mike was in the band and on the album, so it isn't a big deal in my mind.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 01:03:01 PM by HeyJude » Logged

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
bossaroo
Smiley Smile Associate

...let's be friends...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2016, 06:44:53 PM »

it's pretty clearly intentional. now watch Mike sue for being excluded from the program.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2016, 07:02:21 PM »

And if that happens, there is no defending that IMHO.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2016, 07:04:04 PM »

I believe video played at M&B shows exclude Brian (and Al ?) so there must be some agreement not to use the others likeness in relation to touring. All rather sad and the reason I did not buy a PS50 tour program.
KDS
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2016, 07:19:47 PM »

I believe video played at M&B shows exclude Brian (and Al ?) so there must be some agreement not to use the others likeness in relation to touring. All rather sad and the reason I did not buy a PS50 tour program.

Yep M&B definitely use footage of Brian and Al throughout.   Maybe it's part of the BRI agreement where they can use the band name and likenesses of former members.   

Even so, the program is a nice keepsake from the tour. 
bossaroo
Smiley Smile Associate

...let's be friends...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2016, 07:22:04 PM »

the program is great with tons of unseen photos. very glad i purchased it.
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2016, 09:25:03 PM »

My recollection is that in 2013 as Mike first went back out and used the video screen presentation, he was using pictures and/or footage of Brian and Al and was asked to stop doing so. At some later date, they apparently made nice on this issue because Brian and Al reportedly reappeared on the video screen at shows at some later date.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx