gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 06:02:10 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Beach Boys and Youtube Copyright Infringement  (Read 12710 times)
DonnyL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: August 19, 2016, 08:50:52 AM »

By using the Carry Me Home is too upsetting logic, we're lucky we ever got Til I Die.  Eventually everyone who was close to Dennis or feels the song is too upsetting will be gone.  Then it's just another song to the rest of us.  Yes it's somewhat tragic considering how he ended up, but it's still a worthwhile song.  If we can have Til I Die and the song Manson originally gave to Dennis on 20/20, we can have Carry Me Home.

I don't get why people think it hasn't been released because of the lyric about dying and Dennis dying.  Dennis died in 1983.  The song was at least 10 years old by that point and hadn't been released.  Pure and simple I think it didn't fit the group's image and wasn't released at the time for that reason.  Same as other unreleased songs.  There is no logic to it with the Beach Boys.  If it was because of Dennis dying then why was WIBNTLA released?

Maybe Dennis himself didn't want it released originally ... or didn't want it on a Beach Boys record.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 08:51:20 AM by DonnyL » Logged

mikeddonn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 19, 2016, 04:52:10 PM »

That's pretty much my point.  It wasn't released for reasons probably not pertaining to the 'dying' lyric.  Same as "Hard Times" and "California Slide" etc.  All great songs deserving of release.
mikeddonn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 24, 2016, 02:49:50 PM »

My wedding anniversary was a few weeks ago.  So on my wife's Facebook I wanted to post "Lady".  In a previous year I posted, "My Love Lives On".  The reason I chose these songs was to hopefully get people to listen to them and seek out more Beach Boys/Dennis Wilson tracks.  Turn more people on to this fabulous music.  Songs they may not have heard before.

It wouldn't let me play "Lady".  I ended up with a lovely version, a hybrid of Dennis' and Spring's version with a fan video.  It's probably since been taken down!

EDIT:  Here it is!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=q2pPpeXt4Xs

One of my wife's friends loved the song so much she went on to iTunes and paid for it!  Job done!  Proves the point that YouTube is a great way to promote the band and turn others on to the wonderful music.

The purge continues as more stuff gets blocked since last week.  Officially released stuff as well. Shame.
The Cool One
Smiley Smile Associate

WOW

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 24, 2016, 03:22:44 PM »

Youtube was made as a video search web including videos from tv.

That Video of Don´t Worry Baby was on E-mule before Youtube, I´m talking of about 2003. (Source: I Have a DVD Of Beach Boys made in that year who marked my life)
jiggy22
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: August 29, 2016, 02:25:34 PM »

Looking through youtube now, it looks like "Sweet and Bitter" and Don Goldberg's "Out in the Country" have been purged from the site. Not only that, but another youtube user by the name of "videojpp" has removed all of his Beach Boys remasters. He had some amazing HQ remixes of "Carry Me Home", "My Solution", and a multitude of other rare tracks. Actually, now I'm really going through youtube, and seems as though the vast majority of rare tracks are being removed. "Alone on Christmas Day", "Go and Get That Girl", "Stevie", "Awake", "Looking Down the Coast", "Santa Ana Winds" (Original), "We Gotta Groove", "Hey There Momma", "Hey Little Tomboy" (Original), "Lines", and "Loop De Loop" (Original), all of them are nowhere to be seen on youtube! It really is a shame, I know that these tracks can be found on other sites pretty easily, but the large exposure that the tracks got on a popular website like youtube made it easy for anyone to find rare tracks by the group.

Do happy happy happy Mission Pak singing sound!

My blog, where I post my original Beach Boys mixes and whatnot:
http://www.jiggy22.blogspot.com
The Cool One
Smiley Smile Associate

WOW

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 29, 2016, 02:39:42 PM »

I Think that the problem is...

Murry Wilson is alive and is deleting all beach boys things from youtube
The_Beach
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 29, 2016, 02:45:08 PM »

Looking through youtube now, it looks like "Sweet and Bitter" and Don Goldberg's "Out in the Country" have been purged from the site. Not only that, but another youtube user by the name of "videojpp" has removed all of his Beach Boys remasters. He had some amazing HQ remixes of "Carry Me Home", "My Solution", and a multitude of other rare tracks. Actually, now I'm really going through youtube, and seems as though the vast majority of rare tracks are being removed. "Alone on Christmas Day", "Go and Get That Girl", "Stevie", "Awake", "Looking Down the Coast", "Santa Ana Winds" (Original), "We Gotta Groove", "Hey There Momma", "Hey Little Tomboy" (Original), "Lines", and "Loop De Loop" (Original), all of them are nowhere to be seen on youtube! It really is a shame, I know that these tracks can be found on other sites pretty easily, but the large exposure that the tracks got on a popular website like youtube made it easy for anyone to find rare tracks by the group.

Crazy! Glad Don Goldbergs songs stayed up for awhile! Those are really floating around boots. Im sure those would still be locked in the vaults with out him! Bri better be coming out with a HUGE rare box set! I would love to get ahold of all these rare songs!
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 29, 2016, 02:55:40 PM »

I Think that the problem is...

Murry Wilson is alive and is deleting all beach boys things from youtube
LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx