gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680740 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 18, 2024, 10:21:16 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Michaels's Bald Head  (Read 15618 times)
Moon Dawg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 16, 2016, 04:08:02 PM »

He was losing his hair at the same time he was losing his role as main lead singer.

What function does Mike serve when he's only doing 2-3 leads per lp and doesn't play an instrument? Looking prematurely middle-aged while trying to maintain his front-man status, in what was still a young person's game?

Must of been an insecure period for Mike. Wonder if it will get a mention in his autobiography.

What function did Mike serve? He sang his parts under Brian's direction, just like Carl, Dennis, Al, and Bruce. In his spare time he also wrote the lyrics to "Good Vibrations."
« Last Edit: August 16, 2016, 04:20:26 PM by Moon Dawg » Logged
Moon Dawg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 16, 2016, 04:32:28 PM »

I think it's kinda bizarre that having the same hairline as a lot of the audience - particularly as they age too - is used to stigmatize Mike (there are, after all, plenty of other reasons...). I think it's pretty good that he didn't wear a wig like Simon and Garfunkel, or feel the need to get work done like Springsteen and Petty (who has a better hairline now than he ever did) or sport hair that looks suspiciously plastic, like Elton. Fairly sure Al may have had some work too. Ironically, if he were a young man now, he could sport the shaved look and come across as more 'male' than the rest of the band. He could get some tattoos and piercings and join a nu-metal band. Let's rawk, indeed.
Simon AND Garfunkel  shared a wig!!?

Funny thought. "No, I get to wear it tonight!"  "Wrong Paul, it's my turn."
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: August 16, 2016, 04:45:53 PM »

He was losing his hair at the same time he was losing his role as main lead singer.

What function does Mike serve when he's only doing 2-3 leads per lp and doesn't play an instrument? Looking prematurely middle-aged while trying to maintain his front-man status, in what was still a young person's game?

Must of been an insecure period for Mike. Wonder if it will get a mention in his autobiography.

What function did Mike serve? He sang his parts under Brian's direction, just like Carl, Dennis, Al, and Bruce. In his spare time he also wrote the lyrics to "Good Vibrations."

I think he meant during that specific period when he seemed to take a less active role and Carl was running the show

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 16, 2016, 05:42:59 PM »

Kokomo will do that to a man... Cool Guy

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
clack
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 17, 2016, 08:32:20 AM »

I think he meant during that specific period when he seemed to take a less active role and Carl was running the show
Yeah, I meant that from 'Sunflower' thru 'Holland', especially, Mike's role in the band seemed as diminished as his hairline. 2-3 leads and a couple of co-writes per lp would be fine if Mike played an instrument, but if the band had continued playing mostly the new material in its live act, Mike would have been in an awkward position. How can you still be front man if the other guys are singing lead on 3/4 of the songs?
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 17, 2016, 08:56:58 AM »

Yeah, I meant that from 'Sunflower' thru 'Holland', especially, Mike's role in the band seemed as diminished as his hairline. 2-3 leads and a couple of co-writes per lp would be fine if Mike played an instrument, but if the band had continued playing mostly the new material in its live act, Mike would have been in an awkward position. How can you still be front man if the other guys are singing lead on 3/4 of the songs?

Doubt it as it would tend to go against his testament that the show could not go on without him Roll Eyes. By then, their need for a frontman had withered away much like his hair had done the same.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 09:05:07 AM by The LEGENDARY OSD » Logged

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
Gohi
« Reply #56 on: August 17, 2016, 01:55:25 PM »

Hey guys, take a bath in reality:

https://youtu.be/J4_W2kCBhKY
Yikes, even Al's voice is starting to go. Sad
Moon Dawg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 17, 2016, 03:51:24 PM »

I see, yes. Clips from that era do show Mike was less the M.C. than he had once been, or would be again.
joe_blow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 17, 2016, 08:04:22 PM »

Kind of like his role in this clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9TIOr1ZY7s
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 02:02:51 PM by joe_blow » Logged
Smilin Ed H
« Reply #59 on: August 18, 2016, 03:16:30 AM »

It wasn't when I saw him a couple of months back.
tpesky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: August 18, 2016, 07:13:49 PM »

I don't hear Al's voice going at all in that clip. He sounds pretty damn good to my ears.
The Cool One
Smiley Smile Associate

WOW

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 24, 2016, 03:34:41 PM »

In Milkauwee 1970 Mike Love lost his hat, and he angered. he perfomed the imposible task of sing good vibrations with a bald.
(Thanks, Jon Stebbins)

But here is the reality:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CelV7EbuV-A
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx