gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 06:37:27 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gina Martin  (Read 8402 times)
Tony S
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: August 08, 2016, 07:57:28 AM »

The recent loss of Ricci Martin sort of reminded me a bit of Gina Martin. Haven't heard much, if anything, about her since Carl's passing years ago. My guess is that's how she wanted it, as she and Carl were very private people. Still, I wonder how she's doing all these later, if she re married, had any kids, career path etc... Hope she is well and at peace.
The 4th Wilson Bro.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2016, 01:50:58 PM »

I've been waiting patiently for several days, but it seems no one has anything to report about Gina Martin Wilson's life post Carl.  We still see/read things about Carl's first wife, Annie, but never a word about Gina.  Are Tony S and yours truly the only board members who would like to know more about the woman who was a loving partner to Carl in the last 15-plus years of his life?
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2016, 02:18:43 PM »

I for one have been doing some sleuthing but what you can't find, you can't find. Maybe it's meant not to be found...

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
Steve Latshaw
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2016, 02:53:36 PM »

Personally, as she is a member of the Martin family, I think she's more than earned her right to privacy.
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2016, 12:07:16 AM »

I would like to know, too. If nothing else, would've been nice if she'd contributed to the liner notes for his solo cd's.
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2016, 09:00:12 AM »

Gina is even a more private person than Carl was.
Cool Cool Water
Smiley Smile Associate

Don't Edit Yourself

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2016, 09:58:14 AM »

Personally, as she is a member of the Martin family, I think she's more than earned her right to privacy.

Totally agree.
The 4th Wilson Bro.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2016, 12:23:53 PM »

Totally agree.

Yes, of course Gina has every right to her privacy.  I don't believe anything has been posted here that implies otherwise.  Her right to privacy in no way precludes the wishes of Carl Wilson fans to know a little more about the family who survived him.
Cool Cool Water
Smiley Smile Associate

Don't Edit Yourself

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2016, 02:00:09 PM »

Yes, of course Gina has every right to her privacy.  I don't believe anything has been posted here that implies otherwise.  Her right to privacy in no way precludes the wishes of Carl Wilson fans to know a little more about the family who survived him.

Yes, of course. However, I'm just agreeing to his particular post on the matter in hand, lol!
Steve Latshaw
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2016, 02:48:02 PM »

<<I've been waiting patiently for several days, but it seems no one has anything to report about Gina Martin Wilson's life post Carl.  We still see/read things about Carl's first wife, Annie, but never a word about Gina.  Are Tony S and yours truly the only board members who would like to know more about the woman who was a loving partner to Carl in the last 15-plus years of his life?>>

Again, I think Gina Martin has more than earned her right to privacy.  She doesn't owe fans a damned thing.
bb4ever
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2016, 03:30:26 PM »

I, too, am interested in hearing about Gina.  I think I read somewhere that she had remarried a couple of times, but since that is not a proven fact, I would take it with a grain of salt.  I have previously expressed interest in both of Carl's wives.  When did Annie remarry?  Were she and Carl on good terms post divorce?  Were Annie and Gina friendly, as it seems the Beach Boys' family all stay in touch with one another......whether divorced or not.  Just basic curiosity about the human condition, and the fact that there is NOTHING out there, it tends to make me even more curious.

According to the tribute Gina wrote after Carl's death, they had been together for 19 years.
Tony S
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2016, 10:41:16 AM »

I saw today that Jeannie Martin, Dean's second wife and mother to Gina, passed away today. Gina Martin Romano is referred to as one of her survivors, s it would appear that Gina has remarried. I wish her peace and happiness in her life.
bb4ever
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2016, 11:18:11 AM »

That's a lot to handle for the Martin family.  First the loss of Ricci at the young age of 62 (?) and now the mother.  I'm not surprised Gina has remarried 1 or 2 times.  I read somewhere that those who had a good marriage are more likely to remarry.  I can't imagine it gets much better than Carl Wilson, but kudos to her for finding more happiness.

BSummers
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2017, 09:53:58 AM »

Gina has remarried twice since Carl died.  She married Jason Heathman in the early 2000's.  She was listed as Gina Wilson Heathman in the 2003 Carl Wilson Foundation booklet by that name.  In 2001, Gina attended the CWF Walk and was still listed as Gina Wilson in the photo.  So, it was sometime between 2001 and 2003 that she remarried.  From a reliable source in BB's world, they had said that Gina and Heathman split and he later died.  She remarried again to someone named Rick Romano sometime after March of 2009.  Here's a photo:  https://www.blacktie-colorado.com/photos/photodetail.cfm?id=96172&partyID=2139

Someone had said they saw her in 2012 at one of the Beach Boys' concerts out west.  Red Rocks, I believe.  Other than this, the trail ends on her.
The 4th Wilson Bro.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2017, 01:37:18 PM »

Gina has remarried twice since Carl died.  She married Jason Heathman in the early 2000's.  She was listed as Gina Wilson Heathman in the 2003 Carl Wilson Foundation booklet by that name.  In 2001, Gina attended the CWF Walk and was still listed as Gina Wilson in the photo.  So, it was sometime between 2001 and 2003 that she remarried.  From a reliable source in BB's world, they had said that Gina and Heathman split and he later died.  She remarried again to someone named Rick Romano sometime after March of 2009.  Here's a photo:  https://www.blacktie-colorado.com/photos/photodetail.cfm?id=96172&partyID=2139

Someone had said they saw her in 2012 at one of the Beach Boys' concerts out west.  Red Rocks, I believe.  Other than this, the trail ends on her.

Great find, BSummers.  That photo is pretty small so the detail isn't the greatest, but Gina looked almost the same (pretty) in 2009 as she looked in the mid-1990s. She also looked happy, which I'm sure is important to almost every Carl Wilson fan.  Carl's time on earth was short, but the majority of those years were shared with beautiful and obviously loving wives.
MikestheGreatest!!
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2017, 12:13:31 PM »

There is an autographed photo of Gina or Deanna Martin on the wall of the Cracker Barrel restaurant in Branson MO.  Wonder if that meant she played there in town, that is usually the custom....I saw Mickey Gilley eating breakfast in there one time but he was very low key, had his head down and was wearing a baseball cap.
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2017, 04:49:39 PM »

That would have to be Deanna Martin, then. She's the performer.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx