gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680815 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 25, 2024, 07:51:04 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Has anyone ever seen this?  (Read 1818 times)
L Ransford
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: July 22, 2006, 09:47:56 AM »

Has anyone ever seen a video for Wall Of Voodoo's "Do It Again?" Is Brian in it?
His picture is on the sleeve of the 45, and the pictures look like video stills.
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2006, 10:35:35 AM »

Has anyone ever seen a video for Wall Of Voodoo's "Do It Again?" Is Brian in it?
His picture is on the sleeve of the 45, and the pictures look like video stills.

Yep.  Brian is in it.  He looks pretty scared.  I think that was the point.
L Ransford
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2006, 11:19:33 AM »

Thanks C-Man. Maybe it will show up on YouTube.
Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2006, 11:21:13 AM »

I saw it, I think, twice on MTV, when it was originally out. I haven't seen it in about 20 years, so if anybody has corrections, please post them.

I believe the video was a parody on what Brian was going through at that time with Dr. Landy. You know, another "Brian is back", getting out of bed, exercising, etc. He looked good physically, extremely thin, no beard.

All I can remember specifically is Brian laying in bed with a disturbed look on his face, and then a quick cut to him, out of bed, doing curls with a barbell (?), with this strange, almost forced smile on his face. I can't remember much more, not even the song...
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2006, 11:28:02 AM »

I saw it, I think, twice on MTV, when it was originally out. I haven't seen it in about 20 years, so if anybody has corrections, please post them.

I believe the video was a parody on what Brian was going through at that time with Dr. Landy. You know, another "Brian is back", getting out of bed, exercising, etc. He looked good physically, extremely thin, no beard.

All I can remember specifically is Brian laying in bed with a disturbed look on his face, and then a quick cut to him, out of bed, doing curls with a barbell (?), with this strange, almost forced smile on his face. I can't remember much more, not even the song...

That's pretty much it, to the best of my memory.  I believe the video opens with shots of some of the BBs '60s album covers. 
Steve Mayo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2006, 11:40:59 AM »

i have this video on vhs tape. i have no way at the moment to put this on computer but if someone needs a copy of the tape pm me and i will see what we can work out....

moderatorem non facit stultus est ingenio
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx