-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:28:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: peteramescarlin.com
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Bubs and M are (getting) drunk; ask us anything!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bubs and M are (getting) drunk; ask us anything!  (Read 16159 times)
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2016, 02:20:49 AM »

'Twas not a night of intoxication of the alcohol kind...

Cue in Sid Sharp and his merry men playing an extended version of the instrumental break on "Don't Talk"... ;=)
Hmm... is that said in the same context as posts in this thread? http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,24122.0.html Tongue

Not at all! That string interlude is about as heavenly as it gets----nothing to do with booze. Cool Guy 

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
undercover-m
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2016, 12:53:44 PM »

'Twas not a night of intoxication of the alcohol kind...

Cue in Sid Sharp and his merry men playing an extended version of the instrumental break on "Don't Talk"... ;=)
Hmm... is that said in the same context as posts in this thread? http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,24122.0.html Tongue

Not at all! That string interlude is about as heavenly as it gets----nothing to do with booze. Cool Guy 
Reminds me of how much I love the instrumental version of that song. I could get lost in those strings.

john, you are greatly missed on the Pet Sounds Forums, and I am unable to PM you on these boards. I (and many others) would enjoy conversing with you more!

"We are pushed to the wall as the heap fills the room to its limits. The window breaks. The house bursts. A heartbreakingly fine Scotch plaid passes before our eyes. Pinstripes carry us into Manhasset Bay."
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2016, 02:58:47 PM »

john, you are greatly missed on the Pet Sounds Forums, and I am unable to PM you on these boards. I (and many others) would enjoy conversing with you more!

I've decided to turn on the PM feature again. Give it a try some time. It should work by rights. 

While you (and/or Bubs) are here, may I wish you (u-m) a happy 21st birthday! (Again---see the "What Are You Listening To" topic.)

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
feelsflow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2016, 09:17:42 PM »

ask anything, say anything.  I dropped a bit of Italian ice on my comma, period, and space bar............ it now goes wild like that.........., it's mostly bummin' the . stroke...and sticks....................................then stops, but causing a trail of ..............................dots.  sugar and water becoming glue. 

I thought of reviving the Opps! thread for this, but maybe shouldn't go there this late at night...  the dots are getting less sticky!  I'm sitting here at midnight eating another ice, I'll try to be careful. 

Anyway, didn't notice the other day when undercover-m and Bubs were celebrating her Birthday.  Happy Birthday, undercover-m!-a few days late.
21.  What a gas.  Was that the reason for the drinking?  Hope you two had a good time!   love -Will

...if you are honest - you have no idea where childhood ends and maturity begins.  It is all endless and all one.  ~ P.L. Travers        And, let's get this out of the way now, everything I post is my opinion.  ~ Will
undercover-m
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2016, 09:40:25 PM »

ask anything, say anything.  I dropped a bit of Italian ice on my comma, period, and space bar............ it now goes wild like that.........., it's mostly bummin' the . stroke...and sticks....................................then stops, but causing a trail of ..............................dots.  sugar and water becoming glue. 

I thought of reviving the Opps! thread for this, but maybe shouldn't go there this late at night...  the dots are getting less sticky!  I'm sitting here at midnight eating another ice, I'll try to be careful. 

Anyway, didn't notice the other day when undercover-m and Bubs were celebrating her Birthday.  Happy Birthday, undercover-m!-a few days late.
21.  What a gas.  Was that the reason for the drinking?  Hope you two had a good time!   love -Will
Enjoy that italian ice! It's rather warm here where I live, so that sounds lovely right now.

While my birthday is most definitely a cause for celebration, that wasn't quite the reason why we popped open a bottle of red that night. I would recommend looking at your messages on the PSF to find the answer to that, Will...

Thank you for the birthday wishes. It's been a pretty wonderful last couple of weeks.

"We are pushed to the wall as the heap fills the room to its limits. The window breaks. The house bursts. A heartbreakingly fine Scotch plaid passes before our eyes. Pinstripes carry us into Manhasset Bay."
halblaineisgood
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2016, 11:38:34 PM »

I withdraw my question. Will you accept this? If answer is yes, say nothing.  3D
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 12:01:21 AM by halblaineisgood » Logged
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2016, 05:21:13 AM »

I've just discovered where your (current) signature is from: "Cape Cod Kwassa Kwassa", a short story by Ezra Koenig of Vampire Weekend. 
John, I thoroughly enjoy the fact that you looked that up. Unfortunately, there's only a few copies of that book in existence. siiiggggghhhh.

I've seen chunks of the text online but do you know if the whole story is online anywhere?

I recall seeing Peter Gabriel guesting with Vampire Weekend on the song "CCKK" and getting a bit embarrassed about singing his own name!

M, I checked up and it wasn't VW Peter Gabriel was guesting with but Hot Chip, who do this cover of "CCKK":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uhi2_oBdXM

undercover-m
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2016, 11:40:58 AM »

@halblaine: are you referring to your question about Ttongsul? At any rate, we don't care what kind of questions you ask :D.

To john: I totally forgot that existed. Yeah, Koenig simply name drops PG in that song.

Now that I think of it, there really aren't any guest vocals on VW songs. Maybe some borrowed African beats and background choirs, but nothing beyond that as far as I know.

JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2016, 03:45:50 AM »

This truly outlandish track is for M and Bubs, lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AY1sBXjl0s8 

barsone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2016, 02:22:36 PM »

Hey Undercover.....just saw this ditty of a thread !!   nice !!   just a reminder....   41 days until Brian Wilson
undercover-m
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2016, 10:34:25 AM »

Hey Undercover.....just saw this ditty of a thread !!   nice !!   just a reminder....   41 days until Brian Wilson
Hey there!
That seems so soon! I'm thoroughly looking forward to it. Perhaps it shall be another opportunity to meet SS'ers!

All is going well on the Bubs/M end. Haven't been (too) drunk since that one regretful wine night...

undercover-m
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2016, 11:05:18 PM »

hello, everyone.

JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2016, 03:51:53 AM »

hello, everyone.

Hi, M. May you and the captain continue to open musical doors of all shapes and sizes. :=)     

JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2016, 03:03:52 AM »

Hey guys. Couldn't help but think of you when I heard these lines from Adam Marsland's "Happy Face":

"And if you can't get off the floor
That's what the alcohol is for"  LOL

http://www.adammarsland.com/happyface.html

the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 07, 2016, 02:51:48 PM »

hello, everyone.

Hi, M. May you and the captain continue to open musical doors of all shapes and sizes. :=)     

Wait, what? What have I got to do with Bubs & Undie's drunk thread? Open musical doors, eh? Listening to Solange's new one a the moment. A Seat at the Table. Unless you meant literally musical doors. Perhaps little cymbals or bells hung on strings! My uncle and aunt had a beads-on-string kind of door in their house when I was but a lad. I'm guessing it was a '70s thing. (If I remember it, it was probably the early '80s, but nobody ever accused them of being with the times.)

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2016, 03:01:36 AM »

hello, everyone.

Wait, what? What have I got to do with Bubs & Undie's drunk thread? Open musical doors, eh? Listening to Solange's new one a the moment. A Seat at the Table. Unless you meant literally musical doors. Perhaps little cymbals or bells hung on strings! My uncle and aunt had a beads-on-string kind of door in their house when I was but a lad. I'm guessing it was a '70s thing. (If I remember it, it was probably the early '80s, but nobody ever accused them of being with the times.)

Not "Undie"----please! Not here, anyway. Grin

Cap'n, you and Mari have pointed me towards lots of interesting new (and not so new) music, both here and across the road. That's all I was saying, in my usual convoluted way.

Big fuss about A Seat at the Table in the Netherlands too. The Knowles sisters have largely passed me by----my loss, no doubt...   

the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2016, 09:10:40 AM »

For what it's worth, I think the Knowles sisters have probably two of the top 5 albums of the year.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
undercover-m
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 10, 2016, 02:39:32 PM »

Not "Undie"----please! Not here, anyway. Grin

Cap'n, you and Mari have pointed me towards lots of interesting new (and not so new) music, both here and across the road. That's all I was saying, in my usual convoluted way.

Big fuss about A Seat at the Table in the Netherlands too. The Knowles sisters have largely passed me by----my loss, no doubt...   
I appreciate this post.

Listened to a bit of Solange today. I'll probably listen to it more later.
I did watch Lemonade about a month ago and enjoyed it.

undercover-m
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 14, 2016, 11:16:54 PM »

throw ur questions at us

or just be entertained, i dunno

undercover-m
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2017, 01:25:51 AM »

how's everyone doing

JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 05, 2017, 04:51:18 AM »

how's everyone doing

Are you guys on the piss again? Well, it's a question, isn't it?! LOL

I'm fine. I left the band I was in (after 17 years!) and feel all the better for it. :=)

undercover-m
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 05, 2017, 03:27:00 PM »

how's everyone doing

I'm fine. I left the band I was in (after 17 years!) and feel all the better for it. :=)

neither of us were drunk; i was pretty blazed and felt like reviving this thread, though.

Good for you; I'm glad it's benefited you. What's next for you, then? More free time?

JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 06, 2017, 02:43:41 AM »

how's everyone doing

neither of us were drunk; i was pretty blazed and felt like reviving this thread, though.

Good for you; I'm glad it's benefited you. What's next for you, then? More free time?

Hi Mari. Yes, more free time, the energy to do one-off things with music (I'm playing at a book launch next month) and maybe later something online with others, if I can get my head wrapped round the technology involved.  ;=) 

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: