gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680751 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 09:18:56 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Most "despised" people in BB history?  (Read 7588 times)
KDS
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2016, 06:41:59 AM »

How about whoever picked out the Beach Boys' sweaters for the cover of Today? 

The person who gave Al the stomach bug that prevented him from being on the cover of SDSN? 

Bob Saget for his bold one man attempt at doing all of the vocals from Good Vibrations?  No, wait, that was actually awesome. 

Beer
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2016, 06:48:57 AM »

Bob Saget for his bold one man attempt at doing all of the vocals from Good Vibrations? 

Bob Saget... I saw him in a clip the other day (during an evening-long programme on Dutch TV) from some US comedy thing called "The Aristocrats".
Ye gods!!!!----is that modern American humour???Thud

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
KDS
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2016, 06:53:06 AM »

Bob Saget for his bold one man attempt at doing all of the vocals from Good Vibrations? 

Bob Saget... I saw him in a clip the other day (during an evening-long programme on Dutch TV) from some US comedy thing called "The Aristocrats".
Ye gods!!!!----is that modern American humour???Thud

The Aristocrats is actually a very old joke that was passed down in the world is stand up comedy, and they decided to make a doc about it about ten years ago. 

No, modern American comedy sadly consists of watching Melissa McCarthy doing prat falls in a sad attempt to remake a classic.  Or, the hip/quirky, but not usually funny, stylings of Broad City or Portlandia. 
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2016, 06:54:37 AM »

How about whoever picked out the Beach Boys' sweaters for the cover of Today? 

The person who gave Al the stomach bug that prevented him from being on the cover of SDSN? 

Bob Saget for his bold one man attempt at doing all of the vocals from Good Vibrations?  No, wait, that was actually awesome. 

Beer

KDS - it is too early to be hoisting that John B (beer.)

They should have a cup o' Joe in the emoticons bank.   LOL
KDS
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2016, 07:02:12 AM »

Just my way of showing that the my post was purely in jest. 

Sometimes these type of threads go down that rabbit hole, so I figured I'd inject some humor.

And hey, it's five O clock somewhere.

Grin
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2016, 07:16:30 AM »

Just my way of showing that the my post was purely in jest. 

Sometimes these type of threads go down that rabbit hole, so I figured I'd inject some humor.

And hey, it's five O clock somewhere.

Grin
Yes, in jest.   Wink  Levity is essential. 

My mother always said that... LOL

But, I still do wish they would add a few more emoticons for coffee, or a wine glass, or champagne...
bossaroo
Smiley Smile Associate

...let's be friends...

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2016, 12:19:57 PM »

Bruce isn't the most likable guy either. and Foskett has also garnered some animosity for quitting Brian to join Mike... not to mention his grating falsetto.
KDS
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2016, 12:25:42 PM »

Bruce isn't the most likable guy either. and Foskett has also garnered some animosity for quitting Brian to join Mike... not to mention his grating falsetto.

Never really got the hate Foskett got for leaving Brian's band to join Mike's. 

If I recall, at the time Brian wasn't doing nearly as many gigs as Mike and Bruce. 

And, both bands benefitted.  Foskett adds a lot to Mike's show, and his absence in Brian's band opened the door for Matt Jardine.

Win - Win. 
Moon Dawg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2016, 03:57:42 PM »

Mike Love's tailor/wardrobe assistant.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 03:58:22 PM by Moon Dawg » Logged
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2016, 05:44:50 PM »

Mike Love's tailor/wardrobe assistant.

w00t! w00t! w00t!

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2016, 05:57:08 PM »

Foskett is a tool. I attended a soundcheck for a Brian show and saw him and Melinda sitting there talking. As I walked over to say hi to her, she turned and gave me a warm welcome, asked how I was and thanked me for coming to the show. Foskett, in a somewhat terse and rude manner says "...uh, hey, we were talking and don't need to be interrupted!" Melinda told him to pipe down and thanked me for coming over to say hi. I had fun ignoring that fat pile of bad manners.

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
bossaroo
Smiley Smile Associate

...let's be friends...

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2016, 10:39:14 PM »

seems to be several accounts of Jeff forging Brian's signature which is also rather reprehensible. as for joining M&B, i think he's right where he belongs.
KDS
« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2016, 05:14:08 AM »

seems to be several accounts of Jeff forging Brian's signature which is also rather reprehensible. as for joining M&B, i think he's right where he belongs.

If Jeff was ghost signing items that were selling at merch stands, than I think that's something Brian's management should handle.  There were a lot of reports that only 4/5 of the signatures sold on the C50 were legit - Mike, Bruce, Dave, and Al.  Brian's management never should've let that happen as it's a slight to the fans.  I was really tempted to spend $100 (which I really didn't have), and I'm really glad I didn't.  Of the three Brian autographs I have, I actually witnessed him sign two of them. 
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: August 11, 2016, 05:51:44 AM »

Seems like you all got 'em all... ... ...save one.
Manson...the weirdest duck of them all
Landy..poison on 2 legs
Murry...should have been a Landy patient...would have served him right
Rocky...what an ignorant bozo...the dumbest, dullest dolt in the mix
Stan...too many games w/o a helmet
Lauren...should have had more revealing stories...but...too damaged
'Love'...Captain miserable x 70,000,000.

Not sure I'd include Bruce or Jeff.  No wait.  I AM sure that I wouldn't.  They don't compare to the upper 7 arseholes.  I DON'T despise either one of them.

I would add John Stamos to the list though.  Maybe it wasn't his fault that he was elevated up onto the stage...but the way he just killed the unique spark which made Forever a classic Beach Boys work of ART was and is 100% unforgivable...and unlistenable.  It is also another sad reason why sumo in pair of dice is such a turd of an album.

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
Moon Dawg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2016, 06:29:36 AM »

Foskett is a tool. I attended a soundcheck for a Brian show and saw him and Melinda sitting there talking. As I walked over to say hi to her, she turned and gave me a warm welcome, asked how I was and thanked me for coming to the show. Foskett, in a somewhat terse and rude manner says "...uh, hey, we were talking and don't need to be interrupted!" Melinda told him to pipe down and thanked me for coming over to say hi. I had fun ignoring that fat pile of bad manners.

Perhaps Jeff was trying to circumvent the inevitable Mike Love diatribe.  Grin
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx