gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680713 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 16, 2024, 08:08:09 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sweet Insanity Sheet Music  (Read 2528 times)
ForHerCryingSoul
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« on: July 25, 2016, 09:46:47 PM »

This might be in the wrong thread, but since this is about the Beach Boys band-leader, Brian Wilson, I think I am posting in the right place...  If not, I hope a fellow mod can help me out.  Thanks.

Anyway...

I know there are chords of many Beach Boys and Brian Wilson songs available on Surfer Moon, but I want to dive deeper into that and (eventually) create a physical archive of vocal charts and piano chords (thank you Surfer Moon) of some of the more obscure songs.  I would like to start with Sweet Insanity, because I don't think this set of songs are well documented enough.  With the advances in technology, I, or we if we wish, can decipher the backing vocals to these songs.  Heck, using Audacity's vocal remover, I can hear all of the backing voices clearly and I know what all of the chords are, but I feel they need to somehow be documented.  Since I don't think the backing tracks or isolated vocals or any of the master will ever be released any time soon, and since the loss of Tim K. (a YouTube channel hosting BB boots) I feel up to the challenge to document this stuff.

Sorry for this rant everyone.  I hope it was understandable.

The point is, I don't really know where to go from here.  I know there isn't any official sheet music available for this set of songs, and I know the legal hurdles are fierce, but I think this would be a cool project to start.  If anyone has any advice, or grain of knowledge they are willing to share with me, or even some words of encouragement as I go about this project, that would be cool.

I hope to hear from all of you.   Grin
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2016, 09:51:02 PM »

I would love to have piano sheet music as opposed to chords.

Color me intrigued.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
ForHerCryingSoul
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2016, 09:53:47 PM »

I would love to have piano sheet music as opposed to chords.

Color me intrigued.
I would like to eventually do both, maybe as separate charts, because I don't think many people (I'm sure some on here have) have really broken down any of these songs!
ForHerCryingSoul
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2016, 09:01:35 PM »

Quick update, I have all the voice parts mapped out for Concert Tonight...  I think everything is right... but now I gotta put the notes onto Musescore.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2016, 09:27:56 PM »

Sweet!

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
ForHerCryingSoul
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2016, 01:49:43 PM »

Bump and update: All of Concert Tonight's (full version) notes are on musescore with words.  It only needs an accompaniment which I plan to base it off of Brian's simple playing style.  Right now at this moment, I am starting work on Don't Let Her Know She's an Angel.  It has three sets of lyrics!  So I am writing them all down right now...  I will show a picture as soon as I can figure out how to post a screenshot...
ForHerCryingSoul
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2016, 10:11:45 PM »

Bump and update: All of Concert Tonight's (full version) notes are on musescore with words.  It only needs an accompaniment which I plan to base it off of Brian's simple playing style.  Right now at this moment, I am starting work on Don't Let Her Know She's an Angel.  It has three sets of lyrics!  So I am writing them all down right now...  I will show a picture as soon as I can figure out how to post a screenshot...
Bump again, still working on Concert Tonight.  Finally ready to place the accompaniment down.  I am currently writing notes on the format of every piece.  I am also am writing a retrospective on my discovery of Brian and the Beach Boys.  Here is a sneak preview of Concert Tonight:
https://postimg.org/image/xcdvj9fut/
Robbie Mac
Smiley Smile Associate

Carl Wilson is not amused.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2016, 10:53:18 AM »

For a vocal group, finding vocal scores is hard.  The Allan Deane scores were good on the early hits, but really overlosded it on some of the more elaborate PS songs.

The world could come together as one
If everybody under the sun
Adds some 🎼 to your day
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2016, 11:29:45 AM »

Keep it up! I'd like to record a cover , sort of a "Fear 2 Stop Presents Sweet Insanity " kind of trip.

ForHerCryingSoul
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2016, 10:15:43 AM »

For a vocal group, finding vocal scores is hard.  The Allan Deane scores were good on the early hits, but really overlosded it on some of the more elaborate PS songs.
This album is hard because there are two clear harmonic splits.  Brian sings all the voices, so I feel I need to have three lines: one for melody, and the other two lines for the two set harmony split (I hope this makes sense).

Just wait until the other songs.  The album is a toughie to transcribe...
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx