gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680749 Posts in 27614 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 05:21:27 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Looking for information on Reprise era Brother label vs Steamboat label  (Read 3256 times)
VanDykeParksAndRec
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: July 23, 2016, 10:31:44 PM »

Recently happened on a trove of BB 45's.  As I sifted through I noticed some duplicates that were brother label and steamboat.  For example "Long Promised Road" b/w " 'Til I Die"  was released with both labels.  There were 3 or 4 other identical releases with both labels.  Any insight on this?  At first I thought maybe reissues, but I'm more inclined to simultaneous release.  Is 1 label variant rarer than the other?
Vegetable Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2016, 01:39:45 PM »

I'm just jealous you found a trove of Beach Boys 45's! The only post 1969 singles you can find in my neck of the woods are "It's OK" and "Rock and Roll Music."

You could check out http://www.beachboys45.nl/ or http://www.45cat.com/ for info. Both are great sites for this stuff.

"I've never written one note or word of music simply because I think it will make money"- Brian Wilson (1965)

"I like food"- Brian Wilson (1980)
VanDykeParksAndRec
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2016, 02:39:08 PM »

Thanks, I spend a lot of time on those sites haha.  Unfortunately neither touch on the differene, such as pressing numbers etc.  Just that both versions exist.  They don't even mention of 70's promo presses with stereo b/w mono are dedicated mono mixes or fold downs.  I guess I'll just have to buy up what I can over time and see for myself  Razz

Hey!  The It's OK b/w Had to Phone Ya is a great 45!  The way the Sax's cut through!  That's one I actually just picked up too.  And the Hot mix on RnR music makes it totally worth owning! Haha

Funny enough, I have a couple RnR Music 45's.  My favorite is mine with a Text less TM b-side.  Brother Label but no words.  Can't find any info on it either.

Definitely gonna have to go back for some of the promos/imports he still has.

I'm also curious of there are any differences in the '70 Susie Cincinnati vs '76
« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 03:07:21 PM by VanDykeParksAndRec » Logged
TOKENSURFER
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2016, 04:35:10 PM »

As i recall the engine starts in a another part of the song between the lp and 45. i think the 70 version,  the engine starts in a different place than the '76 version.  there's also 'child of winter' bw susie cincinatti  in dec '74 hope that helps and that i recalled correctly.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx