gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680823 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 25, 2024, 03:53:03 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What is your favorite Beach Boys Album and Song at the moment?  (Read 3560 times)
HeroesandVillains
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: July 18, 2016, 12:37:17 PM »

Fav Album and song by The Boys and Why?

I'll start:

Fav Album: Wild Honey. Such a great, high energy album which is SO underrated. My second fav album behind Smile.
Fav song: Break Away. A great song to sing along to. I love it.
sockittome
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2016, 06:50:21 PM »

Album: Sunflower (no explanation needed)
Song: All I Wanna Do--a song that never fails to completely engulf me in its sonic brilliance.  If I ever get married again I will probably not have this played at the wedding for that very reason!  LOL  "Do you take this woman....hey, I said, do you take.....hello?"

Seriously, the song, performance, and production are amazing.
Michael Edward Osbourne
Smiley Smile Associate

My name is Lovecifer. Please take my hand. \m/

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2016, 07:19:07 PM »

Constantly changing...

Currently my favorite BB song is the alternate version of Don't Back Down. I keep calling it "Beach Boys Punk". Short, fast, catchy.

My favorite Beach Boys album has been Smiley Smile for years. Why? The vibe. I dig it. It works for me.
HeroesandVillains
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2016, 01:58:21 AM »

Album: Sunflower (no explanation needed)
Song: All I Wanna Do--a song that never fails to completely engulf me in its sonic brilliance.  If I ever get married again I will probably not have this played at the wedding for that very reason!  LOL  "Do you take this woman....hey, I said, do you take.....hello?"

Seriously, the song, performance, and production are amazing.

Ah man Sunflower kicks ass!
I fucking adore It's About Time and Tears In The Morning. It's such an amazing album!
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2016, 02:23:36 AM »

Three hours later and I'm still laughing.

At any other time my favourite album would probably be Surf's Up! but right now it's----ahem!----No Pier Pressure (I assume "solo" stuff is allowed). Just thinking about this one a lot right now.

And the current favourite song, thanks to c-man and DonnyL, is "Good To My Baby" (at any other time it would probably be "All I Wanna Do")...

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
TwoStepLampLight
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2016, 01:43:55 PM »

During the past month or so I've found myself listening to the Friends album almost daily. I've always loved Friends but there certainly is more depth to the album than meets the eye (or should I say...the ear...). The songwriting is just awesome being so intimate and unique in many ways, but at the same time so accessible for anyone who gives it a chance. The honest lo-if production is as good as it gets and I certainly wouldn't want to have it any other way.

Today my favorite Beach Boys songs have been "Kiss Me, Baby" and "Cuddle Up".
(In the long run "Pet Sounds" will probably always be my favorite album and "God Only Knows" the greatest song of all time.)
RiC
Smiley Smile Associate

One and Only

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2016, 03:37:16 PM »

Always the one that I'm listening at the moment/have heard the last. Right now it's Cool cool water - love the changes with Brian and Mike at the end. Brilliant!
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2016, 07:01:02 AM »

Currently my favorite BB song is the alternate version of Don't Back Down. I keep calling it "Beach Boys Punk". Short, fast, catchy.
My favorite version! 3D It's very cool. In the album cut, Brian sounds too whiney.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
PetSmile
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2016, 07:35:54 AM »

Friends and When a Man Needs a Woman.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 01:40:34 PM by PetSmile » Logged

"Join the young and often spring you gave" - Surf's Up (BW/VDP)
catlag
Smiley Smile Associate

It's a genuine fact that the Beach Boys rule.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2016, 09:02:07 AM »

My song of the moment, a moment that usually lasts a long time, is All This Is That. There is such peace in that song, I like its quietness, gentleness. Also, a guy I met here wrote me these lyrics once as "Song of the day" and I'll never forget it:

Golden auras glow around you
Omnipresent love surrounds you
Wisdom warming as the sun
You and I are truly one

How sweet is that?
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 09:02:48 AM by catlag » Logged

Le moineau est venu se poser à ma fenêtre.
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2016, 09:11:05 AM »

My song of the moment, a moment that usually lasts a long time, is All This Is That. There is such peace in that song, I like its quietness, gentleness. Also, a guy I met here wrote me these lyrics once as "Song of the day" and I'll never forget it:

Golden auras glow around you
Omnipresent love surrounds you
Wisdom warming as the sun
You and I are truly one

How sweet is that?

Post of the year. :=)

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
pdas1996
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2016, 10:39:42 PM »

Most days, I'll get a song stuck in my head, and then I end up listening to the album for a couple of days. The past few days, it's been "Do It Again" and 20/20.

Yesterday and today, it's been the Party! Unplugged and Uncovered album, only because I received it in the mail yesterday afternoon.

If it's Sunflower, it's normally "It's About Time", "Slip On Through", "Our Sweet Love" or "Cool, Cool Water".
If it's Surf's Up, I'll listen to "Long Promised Road", "Feel Flows", "Lookin' at Tomorrow", "A Day in the Life of a Tree", "'Til I Die" and "Surf's Up".
If it's Shut Down, Vol. 2, it's "I Do", "Why Do Fools...", or "Fun, Fun, Fun".

Sometimes, I can get a whole album stuck because it's so good... Friends, Carl & the Passions, Holland and Love You come to mind.
The Foot Fetish Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2016, 08:38:36 PM »

Right now it's the self titled album from 1985. I love a lot of the tracks on it...they make up for the 3 tracks I don't like. I grew up in the 80s so I don't have the problem with the production and sounds on it that most people have with it. I love the melodies, the digitally slicked up vocals...I just think it's a wonderful sound.

Favorite song right now is "From There To Back Again" from TWGMTR......because it's so damn beautiful!

Nothin' but a foot fetish thang! (Thank you, Brittany Michelle)
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2016, 11:32:56 PM »

Drip Drop.  "Let's go mo'fos!!"

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
KDS
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2016, 05:53:01 AM »

Right now, my favorite album is Pet Sounds, after watching Love and Mercy again, and as I prepare to see Brian perform it live next month.

And my favorite song is I'm Waiting for the Day.
Tacos
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2016, 09:46:50 AM »

Fav Album: Wild Honey. Such a great, high energy album which is SO underrated. My second fav album behind Smile.

I must say, I completely agree with you on this. It took me almost 20 years to come to this, but I'm so glad I did. It's a rare moment. It feels very spontaneous, young, and scrappy. I love how lo-fi it is.  Great songs.
NateRuvin
Smiley Smile Associate

"I had to prove that I could make it alone"...

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2016, 02:06:30 PM »

Favorite album: Sunflower
Favorite song: All I Wanna Do
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx