gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680747 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 02:14:15 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Maureen Love's Add Some Love To Your Day  (Read 2608 times)
rn57
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: July 15, 2016, 09:33:00 PM »

Back around '73 or '74, Mike's sister Maureen self-pressed the first of her four (I think the number is) solo harp albums. The one original composition on it was the closer, "Add Some Love To Your Day." Given the title I was wondering if it quoted any musical phrases or otherwise showed the influence of ASMTYD. It seems to be a pretty rare record now but I thought one SS'er or another might have it and could tell me about it. Much thanks for whatever info can be provided.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2016, 09:36:19 PM »

I didn't even know she made an album..

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Malc
Smiley Smile Associate

It's all about 'harmony' ...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2016, 12:07:12 AM »

A cassette version of one of her other albums, Now The Day Is Over, is currently up on eBay...

www.facebook.com/beachboysalbumsleeves - a cool place to visit !
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2016, 02:10:54 AM »

Check the credits...

They say you can listen to it here: http://intunes.ru/release-idfdjjcah/Maureen-Love

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
Rick5150
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2016, 03:36:04 AM »

The one original composition on it was the closer, "Add Some Love To Your Day."

So, it seems the "Love" puns run in the family. She does look just like Mike too. A full album of harp music is too much for me.
Gerry
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2016, 09:23:39 AM »

If I remember the story correctly the engineer, Johnny Starbuck asked Mike if he wanted to invest in a new company he was trying to start up. Mike said no thanks and told him he was crazy and that "a place that only sells coffee will never make it"
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2016, 09:34:50 AM »

If I remember the story correctly the engineer, Johnny Starbuck asked Mike if he wanted to invest in a new company he was trying to start up. Mike said no thanks and told him he was crazy and that "a place that only sells coffee will never make it"

LOL

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
rn57
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2016, 10:03:13 PM »

http://www.rockaway.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/2/5/25205b.jpg

Above link shows the entire back cover of Maureen's first album including the liner notes, which contain reminiscences of the Love household in the early days. I wonder if Mike, in his upcoming book, will discuss this business she describes of their dad throwing the hi-fi downstairs because Glee was playing opera records at 3 am. Mount Vernon & Fairway is also mentioned.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 10:37:38 PM by rn57 » Logged
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2016, 02:45:08 AM »

http://www.rockaway.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/2/5/25205b.jpg

Above link shows the entire back cover of Maureen's first album including the liner notes, which contain reminiscences of the Love household in the early days. I wonder if Mike, in his upcoming book, will discuss this business she describes of their dad throwing the hi-fi downstairs because Glee was playing opera records at 3 am. Mount Vernon & Fairway is also mentioned.

A fascinating and intriguing read. Thank you!

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx