gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681571 Posts in 27644 Topics by 4082 Members - Latest Member: briansclub June 16, 2024, 12:15:29 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Milt Love  (Read 3945 times)
petsoundsnola
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: July 12, 2016, 11:31:23 AM »

While doing a little research to respond to a comment under the Jo Ann Marks thread, I came across this tribute to Mike's father upon his passing in 2013.  I didn't want to hijack the Jo Ann Marks thread, so I am posting it here.  It is a cool video of pictures of Milt and the Love family.

https://vimeo.com/69273846
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2016, 01:35:20 PM »

I was the one who made the post in question. I thought I had read something about him on Facebook not to long ago, possibly a birthday wish or something. Obviously I was mistaken. Oops.   Embarrassed Maybe it was a message announcing his death.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2016, 08:09:20 PM »

Milt in most of the pictures looks a lot younger than myKe and Glee is hot in younger days. She could have easily been in pictures. Funny that myKe got very few, if any, of his parents traits.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 08:15:16 PM by The LEGENDARY OSD » Logged

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
MikestheGreatest!!
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2016, 12:06:52 PM »

A very nice video tribute...thanks for sharing!  The closeness of the family was quite evident and touching....
Beachlad
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2016, 01:33:19 PM »

Anyone know how tall he was also Steven. I know Stan is list at 6'9 probably closer to 6-7 or so.
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2016, 01:47:42 PM »

Anyone know how tall he was also Steven. I know Stan is list at 6'9 probably closer to 6-7 or so.

Interesting to ponder what would have happened if Mike had been as tall as his brothers... like 6'9 or so. Being that tall might have made it real hard to be the frontman of a band in that era... just imagine Mike towering *a foot + a half* over Al.

I mean, modern bands like Sonic Youth have occasionally had very tall members like Thurston Moore... but a 6'9 frontman in 1962 in a band where all members wore striped shirts might simply not have been marketable.  
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 03:04:54 PM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
Don Malcolm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2016, 02:11:46 PM »

Always fascinating to get a glimpse into the family lives of the Beach Boys, but--perhaps tellingly--there is precious little evidence of a close-knit nature with the Wilsons, who are represented in the video only by a single picture with Milt and Audree.

Wonder what Glee's take was on her brother Murray...
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2016, 04:57:07 AM »

While doing a little research to respond to a comment under the Jo Ann Marks thread, I came across this tribute to Mike's father upon his passing in 2013.  I didn't want to hijack the Jo Ann Marks thread, so I am posting it here.  It is a cool video of pictures of Milt and the Love family.

https://vimeo.com/69273846

Milton had a wonderfully long innings. The images ooze warmth and affection. Thanks for sharing, PSNOLA.  
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 05:02:01 AM by john k » Logged

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2016, 07:36:51 PM »

Always fascinating to get a glimpse into the family lives of the Beach Boys, but--perhaps tellingly--there is precious little evidence of a close-knit nature with the Wilsons, who are represented in the video only by a single picture with Milt and Audree.

I remember reading in Peter Ames Carlin's book that Murry could do no wrong in Glee's eyes because he knocked out their dad (Buddy Wilson) when he was beating up on their mother.

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.
SurferDownUnder
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2016, 01:45:12 AM »

I remember reading in Peter Ames Carlin's book that Murry could do no wrong in Glee's eyes because he knocked out their dad (Buddy Wilson) when he was beating up on their mother.

But Glee was Murry's sister? Buddy was beating up on his wife in front of Milt?
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2016, 03:52:51 AM »

Not in front of Milt----this was years before, when Glee and her siblings were living at their parents' home.

To quote an old post of mine: "Murry's sisters, Glee (Emily) Love nee Wilson and Mary, would've 'kicked your ass out of the house' if you'd said a word against their brother. They'd seen Murry physically defend their mother against their violent drunk of a father and quite naturally, he was their hero for ever after." [Adapted from PAC, p. 20]
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 03:53:25 AM by john k » Logged

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
SurferDownUnder
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2016, 04:55:15 AM »

Not in front of Milt----this was years before, when Glee and her siblings were living at their parents' home.

To quote an old post of mine: "Murry's sisters, Glee (Emily) Love nee Wilson and Mary, would've 'kicked your ass out of the house' if you'd said a word against their brother. They'd seen Murry physically defend their mother against their violent drunk of a father and quite naturally, he was their hero for ever after." [Adapted from PAC, p. 20]

Hmm very telling as to the attributes Murry might have acquirred then I suppose? Good man for standing up against domestic violence but perhaps in the end a tad hypocritical :/
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2016, 05:04:00 AM »

Hmm very telling as to the attributes Murry might have acquirred then I suppose? Good man for standing up against domestic violence but perhaps in the end a tad hypocritical :/

To quote my old post again (sorry about this): Buddy did nothing for his family consequently Murry wanted to do everything for his, only he took this desire to hair-raising extremes.

ChicagoAnn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2016, 10:32:06 AM »

They are a really good-looking family!

Thanks for posting this.
Banana
Smiley Smile Associate

Mike Love, Not War!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2016, 01:05:45 PM »

To quote my old post again (sorry about this): Buddy did nothing for his family consequently Murry wanted to do everything for his, only he took this desire to hair-raising extremes.

I think so. Murry gets somewhat of a bad rap...much of it deserved...but I think he truly loved his boys and would have done anything for them. I think he obviously took things too far sometimes...but when you read about HIS dad...it's like wow...no wonder Murry ended up a little bit damaged. Sad.

"You wanna have the '409' sound, right?  On 'Help Me, Rhonda'?"

"Honkin' down the gosh-darned highway..."

"Cried so hard...teardrops on my bed...COME ON MUTHAF*****S!"
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx