gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680876 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 01, 2024, 06:38:01 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Great New Montreal Gazette Interview with BW and AL  (Read 2538 times)
RONDEMON
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: July 08, 2016, 10:23:29 AM »

http://montrealgazette.com/storyline/jazz-fest-brian-wilson-revisits-the-endless-harmony-of-beach-boys-pet-sounds

Lots of great quotes. "Let It Be" apparently inspired "15 Big Ones" haha.

Terry
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2016, 11:22:35 AM »

I can see where that sounds ridiculous at first, but I guess I can see them as both "getting back to your roots" albums. Truth be told, I'd rather listen to 15 Big Ones over Let It Be.
kermit27
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2016, 12:03:42 PM »

I like that Al is championing a hybrid of Hang on to Your Ego/I Know there's An Answer on the tour.  I doubt it'd happen, but it'd be fun to hear.
the professor
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2016, 02:19:43 PM »

Jardine let out a sigh when the subject was raised. “It’s complicated,” he finally said. “Who’s going to give in? I know Brian would love to have us all together. I would, too. It worked (in 2012). It was magical. It’s all about pride and ego and managers. Not to say I couldn’t work with Mike again, but I’m just going with the music right now. We’ll just see where it takes us.”

well, the professor sees some hope!
Forrest Gump
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2016, 03:48:29 PM »

+1

For the ip sleuth..I'm posting from home
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2016, 04:54:43 PM »

+1

For the ip sleuth..I'm posting from home

Yeah, I know.

Interesting. ...
« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 04:59:27 PM by ♩♬ Billy C ♯♫♩ » Logged

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
the professor
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2016, 11:18:32 PM »

well, I sense their longing and take Al seriously. I hope the "managers" (read "wives"??) won't stand in their way. . . . .Some new major gigs, another CDROM of new shows, a new album (without Joe Thomas). . . . there is so much they can do. . . .
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2016, 02:55:48 AM »

I like that Al is championing a hybrid of Hang on to Your Ego/I Know there's An Answer on the tour.  I doubt it'd happen, but it'd be fun to hear.

IIRC in his early years of touring solo, Brian did play "Hang on to your ego". I believe that was even before he toured the Pet Sounds album.

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
SamMcK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2016, 03:58:24 AM »

I'd just like another Beach Boys Studio Album more than anything, but I guess Summer's Gone is about as great an ending as possible. Still.. one can dream!
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2016, 01:21:28 PM »

Mike has been pretty consistent. He wants to write with Brian. I see that has the biggest hump.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx