gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680750 Posts in 27614 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 01:24:44 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Where has Darian been?  (Read 3905 times)
VanDykeParksAndRec
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: July 04, 2016, 05:17:04 PM »

Havn't seen him in any photos for most of this tour....any ideas what's going on?  Surely will be sorely missed if not in Detroit in September.
Robbie Mac
Smiley Smile Associate

Carl Wilson is not amused.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2016, 05:18:34 PM »

He has been scoring a new show for Disney. He may be doing some shows later on.

The world could come together as one
If everybody under the sun
Adds some 🎼 to your day
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2016, 06:53:36 AM »

Billy Hinsche's original FB post about filling in mentioned he would be filling in through June 20th. So I'm guessing they thought Darian would be available again by the June 30th San Diego County Fair gig.

It'll be interesting to see if Darian makes it back at some point. If anyone is going to fill in, I'm glad to see Billy Hinsche. With Billy and Matt in the band along with Al, it's almost a BW Band/Family & Friends mash-up now!

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
MarcellaHasDirtyFeet
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2016, 10:28:54 AM »

I'm going to a BW gig in September, and although I would love to hear Darian do "Darlin'" I would almost rather Billy H. was still on board by then. I mean, it's almost like having one more "real" Beach Boy on stage, and would make the concert more special for me.
marcella27
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2016, 10:48:19 AM »

I've been happy to see Billy on this tour but I miss Darian a lot. I think his voice and musicianship adds something special to the sound as a whole. And of course I want to hear him sing Darlin!
NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2016, 11:48:48 AM »

Will be seeing the group July 22&23. Assume that Darian would be back by then but would also like to see Billy H as I hadn't seen him in concert with BW or the BBs before.
Had a mini crush on him back in the 60s, and just recently found in our storage room a full page signed picture of Dino Desi and Billy, torn out from a 16 Magazine way back in the day.

"No White Flags." - Team Gleason

"(Brian) got into this really touching music with songs like 'In My Room', and 'Good Vibrations' was amazing. The melodies are so beautiful, almost perfect. I began to realize he was one of the most gifted writers of our generation." - Paul Simon

"The best thing you can be 'like' in music is yourself." Dr. John
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2016, 11:49:22 AM »

No offense to Gary Griffin who does a fine job (I saw him and Billy with Brian and Al in 2007), but perhaps an ideal pair would be Billy *and* Darian.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
Howie Edelson
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2016, 04:12:37 PM »

Agreed.

Billy being there not only brings authenticity to the band, but spiritually, he should finish this thing as a Beach Boy.
Plays and sings his ass off every show.

Biily's the Beach Boy that Mike is trying so hard to sell Loyalty Foskett and Regis Johnston as.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2016, 06:15:58 PM »

Agreed.

Billy being there not only brings authenticity to the band, but spiritually, he should finish this thing as a Beach Boy.

Biily's the Beach Boy that Mike is trying so hard to sell Loyalty Foskett and Regis Johnston as.

Well put!

Doesn't hurt that he has a great name Wink

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Cyncie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2016, 06:27:52 PM »

Agreed.

LOL @ "Loyalty Foskett" and "Regis Johnston."
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

Bill Cooper Mystery Babylon

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2016, 08:43:10 PM »

Darian was in the Dallas show on April 1

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Mike Love autobiography (pg 242-243)
thorgil
Smiley Smile Associate

GREAT post, Rab!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2016, 05:40:45 AM »

That was for April's fools.  Cool Guy

DIT, DIT, DIT, HEROES AND VILLAINS...
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2016, 06:11:59 AM »

He was just starting the New Zealand/Australia tour on April 1; perhaps you're referring to the May 1 Grand Prairie show?

Darian did all of the shows up until the start of the UK tour on May 15. Billy Hinsche announced ahead of time that he would be filling in for Darian May 15 through June 20. (And they rehearsed both Billy and Darian together back in March apparently knowing well in advance that Darian would miss some shows). The only apparent change is that Billy's time has been extended.

Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

Bill Cooper Mystery Babylon

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2016, 07:58:12 AM »

He was just starting the New Zealand/Australia tour on April 1; perhaps you're referring to the May 1 Grand Prairie show?

Darian did all of the shows up until the start of the UK tour on May 15. Billy Hinsche announced ahead of time that he would be filling in for Darian May 15 through June 20. (And they rehearsed both Billy and Darian together back in March apparently knowing well in advance that Darian would miss some shows). The only apparent change is that Billy's time has been extended.
Yes. That's it. I was going by memory.

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Mike Love autobiography (pg 242-243)
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2016, 10:38:05 AM »

I got to see Billy with the BW Band while Darian was touring with The Zombies last fall. It was cool seeing him, but you REALLY miss Darian's vocals more than you think. He pulls Our Prayer together, as well as several others. It's shocking that in a sea of 10+ voices, you can instantly notice something is missing when he's away.

Hal Blaine:"You're gonna get a tomata all over yer puss!"
Brian: "Don't say puss."
Marty Castillo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2016, 11:13:50 AM »

He has been scoring a new show for Disney. He may be doing some shows later on.

Interesting. Are we talking something for Disney Channel, Broadway Disney, etc.? I wonder if the "In the Key of Disney" album opened doors for something like this to happen.
VanDykeParksAndRec
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2016, 12:18:04 PM »

Very interesting,  hadn't quite noticed Billy was filling in for him, and I would love to see Billy on stage, but I agree with the above that Darian really ties these shows together atleast the 2 shows I've been to.

I agree fully with HeyJude's last post.  Having both of them would be awesome, nothing against GG though!
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx