gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680600 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 04:54:37 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 ... 186 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Official BB You Tube Thread  (Read 1389357 times)
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: November 08, 2007, 04:06:44 PM »

And not unless you're tone deaf. The vocal lines don't match the chords underneath, or even change in the same places. Sounds like sh*t to me.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

Bill Cooper Mystery Babylon

View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: November 08, 2007, 06:06:56 PM »

It may not work great musically, but I think its kinda cool. Of course, I am also a Nirvanna fan.

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Mike Love autobiography (pg 242-243)
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: November 08, 2007, 06:29:55 PM »

I don't see the point of music that doesn't work musically.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: November 08, 2007, 10:53:47 PM »

Do you mean Nirvana, or in conection with Sloop? To me, its kind of like finding backward messages in Beatles songs. Its kind of a stretch, but still fun. I think that considering they were never intended to go together makes it kind of fun that they almost do.

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: November 09, 2007, 08:12:15 AM »

Mike love performing 'johnny Carson' in front of his cam

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYh0yBsYeSU

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Beach Boy
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got tears in the morning

View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: November 09, 2007, 11:29:27 PM »

This guy has some great and rare covers.  Shocked  He also takes requests, that's cool.  Cool Guy

http://www.youtube.com/user/jimfusco

Late at night
When the whole world's sleeping
I dream of you
Close to you I feel your sweet heart beating
I dream of you
XY
« Reply #1181 on: November 16, 2007, 11:46:28 PM »

A couple of reuploads:

The Beach Boys & Andy Williams - "Little Cycle" - TV 1965
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suyI95taM78

The Beach Boys - "Goin' On" - Fridays, 1980
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFIsQUjhXU4

The Beach Boys - "I Can Hear Music" - Promo Film 1969
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qruiNB8DwEA

Beach Boys / Frank Alamo - Age Tendre... French TV - 10/1964
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnJYLfl0WN0

The Beach Boys - "Surfin' USA" - TV, April 1979
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBRpG5XcIh4

The Beach Boys - "I Get Around" - Central Park, 07/1971
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pGkXhK5L4w

and a new one:

American Spring - "Tennessee Waltz" / "Sweet Mountain"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7qCxo-3K0s
Daniel S.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: November 18, 2007, 01:27:47 AM »

Those two American Spring songs with that style of production, and the child-like lyrics, could easily fit on the Love You album. Which is actually kind of strange since Steven Desper has said he pretty much produced the American Spring album by himself and Brian was too scattered to really be a participant. Then again, even though his involvement may have been minimal, Brian's influence and ideas may have still been strong enough to influence the sound of the record. But it seems that as early as '72 he was leaning towards the Love You sound. Actually, Cool Cool Water is in some ways a very polished Love You track. At least an early indicator of where Brian would be at in '77.

Let us all stay teenage gamblers listening to the radio.
phirnis
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: November 18, 2007, 03:33:03 AM »

In that Spring clip Brian's voice sounds strange and kind of exhausted, yet still totally charming. I just wish he had done some lead vocals for the Beach Boys around that time.
MBE
« Reply #1184 on: November 18, 2007, 06:55:56 PM »

In that Spring clip Brian's voice sounds strange and kind of exhausted, yet still totally charming. I just wish he had done some lead vocals for the Beach Boys around that time.

I think Brian's sounds a little tired because they say on the tape that's it late and they had just finished a session earlier. He does sound much more conversational before 1983.
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1185 on: November 19, 2007, 10:44:01 PM »

The Beach Boys - "Surfin' USA" - TV, April 1979
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBRpG5XcIh4

Is that Brian on the right side keyboard and/or Dennis on the left piano? If that's Brian, that's a cool look for him.

phirnis
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: November 20, 2007, 01:09:36 AM »

Might possibly be Dennis on the left but it's most definitely Brian on the right with that hat on. For a guy still in his thirties he looked just so very old around that time.
peeping tom
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: November 20, 2007, 06:50:06 AM »

Dennis wasn't there, must have been a back-up musician.
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: November 21, 2007, 02:36:18 PM »

I notice the cameras didn't show Brian much

Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: November 21, 2007, 02:52:24 PM »

Is that really Brian talking at the beginning? I hardly recognized him. Of course I have hardly heard him speak from this period.

Plus this is the first time I've heard some of these songs. Wow! I would have to put American Spring up there with Pacific Ocean Blue!!
« Last Edit: November 21, 2007, 02:55:15 PM by Magic_Transistor_Radio » Logged

MBE
« Reply #1190 on: November 21, 2007, 10:24:04 PM »

Spring is easily my favorite Brian solo project period.
phirnis
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: November 22, 2007, 04:05:42 AM »

Is that really Brian talking at the beginning? I hardly recognized him. Of course I have hardly heard him speak from this period.

He sounds just the same in the fade-out of the Spring version of Thinkin' Bout You Baby.
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: November 22, 2007, 05:12:17 AM »

Wht happens when you don't have the beach boys on guitar hero
 LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7JCrbRr54w

it's really funny

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Beach Boy
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got tears in the morning

View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: November 22, 2007, 05:26:45 AM »

looooooool

Late at night
When the whole world's sleeping
I dream of you
Close to you I feel your sweet heart beating
I dream of you
mikeyj
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: November 22, 2007, 05:41:52 AM »

Spring is easily my favorite Brian solo project period.

I would have to agree. Not before but I have become a big fan of that album & the other tracks.. The Honeys & American Spring rock.. Much better voices than that of the Ronettes, Crystals etc.. in my opinion
Daniel S.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: November 23, 2007, 01:00:53 PM »

The Honeys & American Spring rock.. Much better voices than that of the Ronettes, Crystals etc.. in my opinion

The worst thing about the Honeys and American Spring is their voices. Shrill, that's probably the best word to describe their singing. They sing like bored housewives. No soul. I really don't understand how you can compare them to Ronnie Spector or Darlene Love, who are probably the best singers from that girl group era.

Let us all stay teenage gamblers listening to the radio.
MZ
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: November 23, 2007, 03:09:34 PM »

The Honeys & American Spring rock.. Much better voices than that of the Ronettes, Crystals etc.. in my opinion

The worst thing about the Honeys and American Spring is their voices. Shrill, that's probably the best word to describe their singing. They sing like bored housewives. No soul. I really don't understand how you can compare them to Ronnie Spector or Darlene Love, who are probably the best singers from that girl group era.

Yes, while everyone has different tastes, perhaps mikeyj could have another listen to Ronnie Spector and Darlene Love - and how their voices were employed by Phil Spector.
MBE
« Reply #1197 on: November 23, 2007, 05:28:55 PM »

Ronnie and Darlene may be better,  but I like their voices Diane's especially. I also like the Spring records as a whole better.
bossaroo
Smiley Smile Associate

...let's be friends...

View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: November 23, 2007, 09:05:18 PM »

hahaha

i did a youtube search for American Spring and got:

American Spring, an organization dedicated to stopping illegal aliens from coming into the United States
mikeyj
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: November 24, 2007, 02:18:23 AM »

Yes, while everyone has different tastes, perhaps mikeyj could have another listen to Ronnie Spector and Darlene Love - and how their voices were employed by Phil Spector.

I have heard Ronnie's voice a fair bit and I just can't stand it. Haven't heard much Darlene Love, maby I should listen to her a bit more. In fact I don't really like much Spector-related stuff. I have the Phil Spector Back To Mono box set and some people have said that the sound quality is really bad on it and the only way to listen to Spector's records is on vinyl. So maby that plays a part in my dislike for Spector's stuff. I dunno though, like when Ronnie Spector sings for Brian back stage on the On Tour DVD, I just cringe!! I suppose everyone has different tastes. And to be honest, I think Ronnie has a more love it or hate it sort of voice, whereas I presume a guy like Carl would have more people leaning towards most people saying "what a nice voice". As with MBE, I quite like Diane's voice. Marilyn's lacks a little passion compared to her but she's still alright.
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 ... 186 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx