gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 03:03:50 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 174 175 176 177 178 [179] 180 181 182 183 184 ... 186 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Official BB You Tube Thread  (Read 1389127 times)
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4450 on: June 25, 2020, 07:54:12 AM »

This was new to me:

The Beach Boys - Breakaway (The David Frost Show, 1969)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQ1L_txu2WQ&feature=share&fbclid=IwAR1rE1EABJDYB07ZscSX_EStTpEojN6AOhkzVAA-DTAViB7gHtzj61gW0uk

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Rob Dean
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4451 on: July 09, 2020, 08:17:01 AM »

Well (as Rocker would say) this is NEW to me, and rather brilliant - Just wish the audio was what was actually happening ENJOY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCGyYJjW5Fo
Rob Dean
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4452 on: July 09, 2020, 08:18:38 AM »

Well (as Rocker would say) this is NEW to me, and rather brilliant - Just wish the audio was what was actually happening ENJOY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCGyYJjW5Fo
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4453 on: July 09, 2020, 10:38:00 AM »

That does sound like something I would say!

Thanks for the share. Cool to see them like that. I guess it was just a jam they were doing since I don't think this was the lineup of any song they performed (Blondie on drums, Ricky on guitar, Carl on bass)

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Ian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4454 on: July 09, 2020, 01:15:06 PM »

The clip has Dennis dragon on drums and Daryl dragon on guitar-hence it’s from the 72 European tour-possibly rehearsal for crystal palace
Ian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4455 on: July 09, 2020, 01:17:00 PM »

Sorry Daryl on piano
Ian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4456 on: July 09, 2020, 03:00:40 PM »

David frost appearance was July 30 1969 in NY
Rob Dean
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4457 on: July 09, 2020, 10:43:38 PM »

Sorry Daryl on piano

I note that Dennis Dragon is wearing the same BBs T-Shirt as he does at Crystal Palace - Evidently more Dragons here than Wilsons, can we therefore coin a new phase NO DRAGONS NO BEACH BOYS ;-)
Ian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4458 on: July 10, 2020, 05:09:29 AM »

Yeah they also sometimes utilized brother Doug dragon as well-though it doesn’t appear that there was ever a tour with all three-as Doug was a keyboardist like Daryl.  I interviewed all three for my book-all fascinating guys. Their father was musician-carmine dragon and apparently he had some similarities to Murry in temperament-so Wilsons and dragons had a lot in common
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4459 on: July 13, 2020, 09:24:49 AM »

The Beach Boys – “I Can Hear Music” Live 1997 (Carl Wilson’s last performance on camera)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aD41cFE_rJE

- Jack Rieley
Wrightfan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4460 on: July 13, 2020, 10:57:09 AM »

A Chris Elliott short film called "Action Dad" that aired on Cinemax in 1986. See if you can spot the person who has the Beach Boys connection:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dGRBv-js30
Rob Dean
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4461 on: July 13, 2020, 11:55:09 AM »

A Chris Elliott short film called "Action Dad" that aired on Cinemax in 1986. See if you can spot the person who has the Beach Boys connection:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dGRBv-js30

Mrs Carl Wilson (No2)
18thofMay
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin to the beach

View Profile
« Reply #4462 on: July 13, 2020, 07:40:56 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OdFReAI7xM
If Covid-19 was a performance

It’s like he hired a fashion consultant and told her to make him look “punchable.”
Some Guy, 2012
"Donald Trump makes Mike Love look like an asshole"
Me ,2015.
phirnis
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4463 on: July 13, 2020, 11:08:46 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OdFReAI7xM
If Covid-19 was a performance

I think I need to take a shower.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4464 on: July 14, 2020, 01:29:39 AM »

Don't think it was bad at all. Nice singing by Mike. And the song certainly doesn't lend itself to any dancing and stage antics (which in Mike's case is a pretty welcome thing imo)

- Jack Rieley
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4465 on: August 06, 2020, 02:33:44 AM »

In this 1979 segment for PM Magazine, co-host John Walls profiles the enduring popularity and recording success of the Beach Boys. The legendary rock band played a concert at the Beaumont Civic Center on October 2, 1979. Before the show, Walls speaks with fans about their interest in the Beach Boys. The segment also includes comments from band members Al Jardine and Bruce Johnston made during a pre-concert press conference. PM Magazine was a local news and entertainment television program broadcast on Beaumont's KFDM-TV in from late 1970s to the mid-1980s. This segment aired on November 8, 1979.

https://texasarchive.org/2017_00527

- Jack Rieley
B.E.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4466 on: August 06, 2020, 12:39:06 PM »

In this 1979 segment for PM Magazine, co-host John Walls profiles the enduring popularity and recording success of the Beach Boys. The legendary rock band played a concert at the Beaumont Civic Center on October 2, 1979. Before the show, Walls speaks with fans about their interest in the Beach Boys. The segment also includes comments from band members Al Jardine and Bruce Johnston made during a pre-concert press conference. PM Magazine was a local news and entertainment television program broadcast on Beaumont's KFDM-TV in from late 1970s to the mid-1980s. This segment aired on November 8, 1979.

https://texasarchive.org/2017_00527

Thanks for sharing, Rocker. They sound good. Crowd was into it. I assume Dennis wasn't there, that he was suspended at the time. Interesting that the co-host mentioned the group planning their next two albums. Can't help but notice Brian jetting off the stage at the end.

Every wave is new until it breaks.
Mr. Wilson Joliet
« Reply #4467 on: August 29, 2020, 09:49:13 AM »

A collection of footage from the 1970's of live and studio performances:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=714J5H3LgxQ

Also at 8:23 onward there appears to be a studio session from the summer of 1977, post-Adult/Child but pre-MIU, with Brian on piano (and vocals?) plus a horn section. Any ideas on what they could be recording? The only thing I can think of is the 1977 version of "Gimme Some Lovin'", but even that's a very speculative guess.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4468 on: August 29, 2020, 12:37:03 PM »

Also at 8:23 onward there appears to be a studio session from the summer of 1977, post-Adult/Child but pre-MIU, with Brian on piano (and vocals?) plus a horn section. Any ideas on what they could be recording? The only thing I can think of is the 1977 version of "Gimme Some Lovin'", but even that's a very speculative guess.

Great! Never saw that much of this footage. I also would love to know more about when and why it was recorded.
Probably comes from a rehearsal, certainly not a recording session.

- Jack Rieley
Mr. Wilson Joliet
« Reply #4469 on: August 29, 2020, 01:27:00 PM »

Great! Never saw that much of this footage. I also would love to know more about when and why it was recorded.
Probably comes from a rehearsal, certainly not a recording session.

That makes more sense. Probably rehearsing for those shows during the last two weeks in August before the 'Tarmac incident'.
Ian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4470 on: August 30, 2020, 04:26:50 AM »

Almost all that footage was used in the endless harmony documentary. That footage At 823 is them rehearsing for the London cbs convention show in the summer of 77. The early footage set to it’s about time is from the 1971 May Day rally but the footage is all silent and they dubbed that song on.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4471 on: August 30, 2020, 02:28:49 PM »

The Beach Boys - Our Team (1978 Documentary, IN COLOR!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yB7LZXxr8LA

- Jack Rieley
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4472 on: September 03, 2020, 09:52:10 PM »

Somebody posted a fairly long video of the group in concert with Carl in 1997. It starts at around 49:00 in. At first there are only a few glimpses of Carl, but from "Rock & Roll Music" on there are quite a few very close up shots. I've thought about whether or not to post this for a few days now, because it's deeply sad and disturbing(to me at  least). I wish I had never seen it to be honest. View at your own discretion. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AXmO42nfKU

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4473 on: September 03, 2020, 10:05:31 PM »

I was afraid to watch when I first found out about it and it is hard to see...but also amazing that he sounded so good . If anything though it showed how much of a fighter he truly was

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4474 on: September 07, 2020, 09:51:34 AM »

Here's the "Cottonfields" promo video. Obviously the person who uploaded it used his own mix of the song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2NwFAZu5OY

- Jack Rieley
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 174 175 176 177 178 [179] 180 181 182 183 184 ... 186 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx