gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 03:49:42 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 ... 186 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Official BB You Tube Thread  (Read 1389151 times)
Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #975 on: May 14, 2007, 04:55:25 PM »

And old Skunk Baxter was sitting in with the band!
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #976 on: May 15, 2007, 03:21:24 AM »

Anybody know how to download the videos on this page?

http://www.starpulse.com/news/index.php/2007/05/08/new_beach_boys_compiled_collection_the_w_22

Have to scroll down a little. There's one for Windows Media and one for Quicktime, but the actual videos are different.

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #977 on: May 16, 2007, 08:19:07 AM »

http://www.starpulse.com/news/index.php/2007/05/08/new_beach_boys_compiled_collection_the_w_22

Have to scroll down a little. There's one for Windows Media and one for Quicktime, but the actual videos are different.

I'd like to know that as well. Nice footage.

BTW, happy birthday Rocker.

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #978 on: May 16, 2007, 11:37:05 AM »

You get the video podcast of Itunes...that's where i got it.

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #979 on: May 17, 2007, 09:49:21 PM »

a brief shot of Brian in this keith moon video:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=SLAItPi3ef0

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #980 on: May 18, 2007, 03:04:42 AM »

I'd like to know that as well. Nice footage.

BTW, happy birthday Rocker.

I can't watch the quicktime-video, but I believe it's not the podcast-thing, is it?

Thanks Smile-Holland. Happy birthday to you too !!

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
NightHider
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #981 on: May 18, 2007, 05:44:49 PM »

Why no recent videos of the Mike and Bruce show?  From the looks of their schedule, it appears they keep pretty busy touring and I was really interested to hear Christian singin' some of the hits.

Anyone?
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #982 on: May 18, 2007, 06:01:29 PM »

Has this been posted? I searched for a few key words and didn't find it.

Brian Wilson as a teacher on a Leave it to Beaver reunion show (or new generation series, or whatever). His name is funny...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQMAgWZIHkI

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
Beach Boy
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got tears in the morning

View Profile
« Reply #983 on: May 19, 2007, 03:11:19 AM »

Why no recent videos of the Mike and Bruce show?  From the looks of their schedule, it appears they keep pretty busy touring and I was really interested to hear Christian singin' some of the hits.

Anyone?

I have a GV recording from november 2006 with Christian's lead. Will post that and some other songs from that show ("Why Do Fools Fall In Love").  Wink

Late at night
When the whole world's sleeping
I dream of you
Close to you I feel your sweet heart beating
I dream of you
MBE
« Reply #984 on: May 19, 2007, 03:17:54 AM »

Christian's lead on Good Timin' is superb.
MBE
« Reply #985 on: May 22, 2007, 02:06:00 AM »

Here is a great clip of Fun Fun Fun from France 1964 http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZqXywKap5WI
MBE
« Reply #986 on: May 24, 2007, 11:16:16 PM »

Mike in India with Beatles
http://youtube.com/watch?v=UzRm4iXlQUY&mode=related&search=

punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #987 on: May 25, 2007, 02:56:38 AM »

so apparently 500 videos is the limit of how many favorites you can have under your profile...just found that out by having that many....im proud    Tongue

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #988 on: May 25, 2007, 03:02:26 AM »

Here's a little promovideo for WOTS with interviews:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6Nste9gS9s&NR=1

Cool, thanks. Interestingly they play "You are my sunshine" wich of course would have be part of Smile....
« Last Edit: May 25, 2007, 03:06:39 AM by Rocker » Logged

- Jack Rieley
MBE
« Reply #989 on: May 25, 2007, 03:43:47 AM »

Here is a Wilson Phillips video that has home movies from the Sunflower era in them. Brian looks very normal here. http://youtube.com/watch?v=o0N-VImE0Sc
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #990 on: May 25, 2007, 06:31:54 AM »

Especially for all German (-speaking) fans, here a documentary on Brian Wilson and the Beach Boys, German TV, Mu sik Szene 1988. No subtitling, but voice-over, so all non-German-speaking will have to listen carefully to the original vocal on the background.

Note: am I hearing correctly what Brian says at 4:58-5:03 !?

part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuaY96UsmK8
part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oQR3MwAiz8

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
NightHider
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #991 on: May 25, 2007, 07:38:45 AM »

Can anyone translate the Las Vegas story Brian is telling between the 5 and 6 minute mark?  Something about a mic and why he stopped touring?
XY
« Reply #992 on: May 25, 2007, 10:20:12 AM »

He told that he stopped touring with the Beach Boys because he had arguments with Mike & Carl.
The Las Vegas story: He was ready to tour with the BB and had learned choreography for the 3 songs he named. During rehearsals he went to Mike and asked if he could have his microphone to try these songs and sing lead. Mike yelled at him  "get your own microphone". So Brian felt that he wasn't needed and didn't appear with the boys anymore. Something like that.

Thanks so much for sharing, Smile-Holland! Great clips!  Smiley
« Last Edit: May 25, 2007, 10:22:05 AM by Jasper » Logged
XY
« Reply #993 on: May 25, 2007, 11:03:14 PM »

Check this out!
The Murry Wilson "Hippy Happy" rap!  Cheesy
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #994 on: May 26, 2007, 08:24:51 AM »

Check this out!

ehm?

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #995 on: May 26, 2007, 06:51:16 PM »

Brian actually learned choreography?!

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
XY
« Reply #996 on: May 27, 2007, 07:55:19 AM »

Check this out!

ehm?

Oops... Roll Eyes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UA5IeMUVrKk
peeping tom
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #997 on: May 27, 2007, 12:00:22 PM »

Does anyone here remember a tv special called The Beach Boys: Wouldn't It Be Nice that was aired on BBC tv a few years ago? Would be great if someone could upload that one.
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #998 on: May 28, 2007, 02:48:23 PM »

http://youtube.com/watch?v=vFoAWObJnhU

Some weird band from Norway or something did a cover of Tears in the Morning.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #999 on: May 28, 2007, 09:08:10 PM »

in that tears video, it looks like one the guys has a wig and mustache that look like Bruce from Surf's Up era

~post of the century~
-Mikie

gfx
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 ... 186 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx