gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680599 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 12:33:18 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 ... 186 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Official BB You Tube Thread  (Read 1389298 times)
NightHider
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #775 on: November 29, 2006, 12:45:33 PM »

A tip of the hat to all who have shared these obscure Beach Boys performances. 

If anyone is taking requests, I have always been interested to see the entire clip of Brain/Beach Boys performing It's Just a Matter of Time that appears on the American Band dvd where Brian ends with "give it up for my brother Dennis..."

Thanks in advance!
MBE
« Reply #776 on: November 30, 2006, 01:53:32 AM »

I don't think the 1983 show is out there complete
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #777 on: November 30, 2006, 03:28:25 AM »

A tip of the hat to all who have shared these obscure Beach Boys performances. 

If anyone is taking requests, I have always been interested to see the entire clip of Brain/Beach Boys performing It's Just a Matter of Time that appears on the American Band dvd where Brian ends with "give it up for my brother Dennis..."

Thanks in advance!

I'd love to see that one too. Damn, I would be satisfied with an audio-version of the concert. I believe the very sad version of "You are so beautiful" is also from the same concert, right?

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
NightHider
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #778 on: November 30, 2006, 07:59:34 AM »

Can someone confirm the date and location of the show that the "It's Just a Matter of Time" clip came from?  Looks like they might have had some good participation from Bri and I've never heard that song performed live...
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #779 on: November 30, 2006, 11:20:33 AM »

First part in a series of 4: LA-tracks

Part 1: Sumahama & Lady Lynda
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksieNCXVH-k

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
Beach Boy
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got tears in the morning

View Profile
« Reply #780 on: November 30, 2006, 04:15:45 PM »

Thanks, Klaas! The LA album is not so good but some songs are great!

Late at night
When the whole world's sleeping
I dream of you
Close to you I feel your sweet heart beating
I dream of you
XY
« Reply #781 on: November 30, 2006, 09:47:57 PM »

Can someone confirm the date and location of the show that the "It's Just a Matter of Time" clip came from?  Looks like they might have had some good participation from Bri and I've never heard that song performed live...

IJAMOT & "You Are So Beautiful" were recorded at the Pacific Ampitheatreon in Costa Mesa, CA
on August 3, 1983. Last pro-shot concert with all original BB on stage.

"Barbara Ann" on AMERICAN BAND comes from the 4th of July concert in Atlantic City, 1983.
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #782 on: December 01, 2006, 07:47:07 AM »

Second upload in a series of LA-tracks. The quality of this tube (and the next one as well) is below average, but interesting nonetheless. It was broadcasted on Japanese TV, but unfortunately on my video it wasn't not converted in the best possible way. On top of that: I suspect someone taping this with a camera while watching TV...

Part 2: Here Comes The Night & Good Timin' (a better version of GT will be uploaded soon)

With Dennis (on bongo's?) and Brian (on piano and cigarettes...)

And ehmmm...cool glasses, Mike...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLn82U6sxWE
« Last Edit: December 01, 2006, 07:52:17 AM by smile-holland » Logged

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
Beach Boy
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got tears in the morning

View Profile
« Reply #783 on: December 01, 2006, 07:52:04 AM »

I have this on DVD with a better version, they did a clip to HCTN too.

Late at night
When the whole world's sleeping
I dream of you
Close to you I feel your sweet heart beating
I dream of you
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #784 on: December 01, 2006, 07:53:17 AM »

I have this on DVD with a better version, they did a clip to HCTN too.

Aha, you're more than welcome to upload that one as well!

Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #785 on: December 01, 2006, 07:56:38 AM »

Thanks S-H !
Dennis and Brian really have a ball on HCTN  Grin
I can't believe Mike is pointing at his watch druing "Good timin"  Roll Eyes

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
NightHider
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #786 on: December 01, 2006, 04:26:30 PM »

Not sure if this 1978 clip was ever posted but it was the first time I had seen it........all brian was missing was the hula hoop!!  Maybe in his mind it was there....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UshCjpt1LcA
XY
« Reply #787 on: December 01, 2006, 11:33:20 PM »

A short part of the "Good Timin'" video S-H posted was included in the ENDLESS HARMONY docu. Thanks for the complete performance!

Fun x3 from the Steve Allan Show, March 12, 1964 (around the time they did the Lost Concert)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aAl1V9MfmQ
I couldn't resist and included a short short snippet of the 74 interview with Brian (thanks again Steve Mayo) at the end of the clip.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2006, 11:34:11 PM by Jasper » Logged
Rockard
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #788 on: December 02, 2006, 05:41:41 AM »

Great!

I haven't heard that interview! Can you put it up somewhere?

His way of talking sounds like a bit of later-Brian-spaced-repetive talk, but with his still clean voice.
Crazy!
XY
« Reply #789 on: December 02, 2006, 06:28:17 AM »

@Rockard: Check PM!
Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #790 on: December 02, 2006, 09:20:24 AM »

I couldn't resist and included a short short snippet of the 74 interview with Brian (thanks again Steve Mayo) at the end of the clip.

Interesting...So Murry thought up the title to "Fun, Fun, Fun"... Since, as Brian states, they wrote the song in Australia, I'm assuming Murry was in Australia with them? Brian also said that Murry thought up the title before he died. As opposed to thinking up the title AFTER he died. police I'm just having a little fun, fun, fun...
Daniel S.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #791 on: December 02, 2006, 06:13:11 PM »

Didn't Brian say in the interview that they recorded Fun, Fun, Fun in Australia and then sent it back to the U.S. and by the the time they returned the record was in the top 10? How the hell and where did they do that? I thought that was a classic record from the wrecking crew, etc.

Let us all stay teenage gamblers listening to the radio.
XY
« Reply #792 on: December 03, 2006, 12:33:11 AM »

Murry (alive) went to Australia & New Zealand with the boys and the full BB lineup played on "Fun, Fun, Fun". BUT...it was recorded on January 1, 1964 and the tour started on January 10. They returned on February 2 and the single was released on February 3, so........
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #793 on: December 03, 2006, 05:30:00 AM »

Part 3 in the LA tracks series:

interview with Mike Love, followd by (a much better version of) the Good Timin' clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBpNTnbnLcE

NightHider
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #794 on: December 03, 2006, 05:39:07 PM »

Unbelievable...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4irHfms6Ho&mode=user&search=
adamghost
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #795 on: December 03, 2006, 08:50:49 PM »

The unbelievable part is that it's supposedly a live performance.  No way, unless they were singing along with a prerecorded track (it's clearly double-voiced).
Chris Brown
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #796 on: December 03, 2006, 09:41:20 PM »

Yea they're definitely singing along to a prerecorded track.  Sounds pretty good, though not as good as the ones from the 60's.
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #797 on: December 04, 2006, 10:59:33 AM »

Fourth and last upload in a series of LA-tracks. Again from the Japanese TV-broadcast (see part 2), probably recorded with a videocamera, so the quality again is below average. On top of that: it's the same tube as part 1...except for 1 difference. This time you'll see (and hear) the short interview with the talkshowhost between the songs (which was wiped out on my other tube with these 2 songs). So hopefully still interesting for those watching.

Part 4: Sumahama, short interview with the talkshowhost & Lady Lynda
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2_AE9QRiNU

Before I'll return to a whole series of 80-ies clips, for the next couple of days a few uploads from 1975...

Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #798 on: December 04, 2006, 01:33:26 PM »

That clip of "Their Hearts Were Full Of Spring" in the tuxedos was live, no pre-recorded tape. I saw it broadcast live the night it was on in 1985. I had the VCR running. It was from some Ronald Reagan thing, the Inaugural Ball maybe? I was floored, almost cried when seeing Brian (and the guys) looking and sounding so good.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #799 on: December 04, 2006, 02:57:24 PM »

Yes, I believe it was from that Reagan-thing. But it's very clearly pre-recorded. You can hear Brian when he's not even at the microphone, among other things. They are singing along though.

- Jack Rieley
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 ... 186 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx