gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680849 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 27, 2024, 07:59:04 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 ... 186 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Official BB You Tube Thread  (Read 1395218 times)
Daniel S.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #400 on: July 12, 2006, 11:26:05 PM »

That was fucking awesome.

Let us all stay teenage gamblers listening to the radio.
Reverend Joshua Sloane
Smiley Smile Associate

Since I cannot rouse heaven I intend to raise hell

View Profile
« Reply #401 on: July 12, 2006, 11:50:52 PM »

Brian looks like a tree trunk.

Did it ever occur to you, Cable, how wise and bountiful God was to put breasts on a woman? Just the right number in just the right place. Did you ever notice that, Cable?
MBE
« Reply #402 on: July 12, 2006, 11:59:43 PM »

It's the only clip I actually feel sorry for Mike lol.
carlydenise
Smiley Smile Associate

Heaven

View Profile
« Reply #403 on: July 13, 2006, 05:13:09 AM »

LOL LOL  at Dennis...why in the world would she ask Dennis the first question LOL.  Brian is pretty good in this one, she never did ask Al anything.   

come be my redeemer...awaken me beautiful dreamer
Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got the Beach Boys, my friends got the Stones

View Profile
« Reply #404 on: July 13, 2006, 06:43:09 AM »

This is great! Thanks!

We would like to record under an atmosphere of calmness. - Brian Wilson
--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1IgXT3xFdU
jane
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #405 on: July 13, 2006, 10:52:20 AM »

Huh
I've been hoping someone would post this. One question... It says the video/interview is 7:01 but it keeps stopping at  3:21. Is that really where it should be stopping?
Don't Back Down
Smiley Smile Associate

shoo-be-do-ba

View Profile WWW
« Reply #406 on: July 13, 2006, 11:07:02 AM »

what's the name of the sax player they had during this tour?

Charles Lloyd - he also played on BB & Celebration albums.

Thanks man

Moon shines bright, asleep in my bed, like so many people got a big day ahead of me
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #407 on: July 13, 2006, 11:23:53 AM »

Huh
I've been hoping someone would post this. One question... It says the video/interview is 7:01 but it keeps stopping at  3:21. Is that really where it should be stopping?

You probably didn't wait until the whole thing had loaded.

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
jane
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #408 on: July 14, 2006, 11:14:32 AM »

New video from "It's OK" special is up. Does anyone have more from this show they can post?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAEd5DV5DDM&search=beach%20boys
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #409 on: July 16, 2006, 04:58:41 PM »

Has anyone the performance from (I believe) farm Aid of Brian and Willie Nelson doing "The warmth of the sun" ?

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
MBE
« Reply #410 on: July 16, 2006, 11:53:01 PM »

There is a bizre Murry video on there
Eric Aniversario
Smiley Smile Associate

Keep the Summer Alive!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #411 on: July 17, 2006, 05:09:57 AM »

From the Summer Jubilee in Alhambra, CA, 7/15/06:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o04ouuEpX5U    You're So Good To Me (with Chris Farmer)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjLQUQrkyew     Summertime Blues
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XesC2QtmQKs    Good To My Baby
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-F1IhCXk6Q     Good Timin (with John Stamos)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUEM-ZujY-w      Still Cruisin'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lt8vwiA9evo        Cool Head, Warm Heart (snippet)

Listening Serenade Drum Brian, Dennis, & Carl Rock!

Good vibes,
Eric
XY
« Reply #412 on: July 17, 2006, 09:49:54 AM »

no comment
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBUl_eMNzVM&search=beach%20boys
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #413 on: July 17, 2006, 10:00:28 AM »

wow, i actually turned off leaving this town on vinyl to watch that mike love crap

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #414 on: July 17, 2006, 10:07:28 AM »

bizarre murry video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQHjdPIomOI Roll Eyes

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
JRauch
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #415 on: July 17, 2006, 10:15:37 AM »

That Mike Love-clip is one of the most amazing things I have ever seen. I've read of course the transcript, but to actually see it....wow. I mean, he was drunk, made a fool out of himself, made a lot of people feel uncomfortable and insulted lots of other stars. In one word... PURE PUNK!!!

Dance as if no one's looking. Wrestle things out to bring moment to your own sense of discovery, and make the world a better place. This is no time for whiners.  –  Van Dyke Parks
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #416 on: July 17, 2006, 11:06:38 AM »

punk, yes, but not in a good way...it's so crappy...saying Jagger is chicken sh*t then saying this for earth and peace and a bunch of other bull

~post of the century~
-Mikie

Compost
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #417 on: July 17, 2006, 11:27:59 AM »

That was painful to watch.  PAINFUL.  Twat.  Twat.  Brutal drunken display of a_s_s_holishness.
CosmicDancer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #418 on: July 17, 2006, 11:37:37 AM »

WOW!!!  I have heard so much about the HOF speech and read the transcript and all that jazz but in no way was I prepared for that video!!  I was shocked and very embarassed for those that were in attendance.  Just the clip itself made me very uncomfortable! 

I'll give him McCartney.  McCartney was a douche in pulling that move and not letting all the legal issues go for a night to celebrate the Beatles legacy but whatever, it's water under the bridge now.  But what did ol' Mikey have against the Boss and Jagger and for God's sake Billy Joel?!?!  So much anger in his voice yet nothing but pure stupidity flowing from his lips.  Unreal!!  Thanks for posting that!

The Un-Funny Alliance:  Are you not "good at being funny"?  Join us today in our mission to make the world a less funny place one "easy" fart joke at a time!
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #419 on: July 17, 2006, 11:44:37 AM »

i love the coolness/apathy of ringo and julian as they light up during the ceremony...

~post of the century~
-Mikie

Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #420 on: July 17, 2006, 03:59:27 PM »

Seeing the video, it doesn't really seem that bad.. you get the whole overall message. I dig it.

But what the hell is "interstecene"?

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
Reverend Joshua Sloane
Smiley Smile Associate

Since I cannot rouse heaven I intend to raise hell

View Profile
« Reply #421 on: July 17, 2006, 05:28:36 PM »

Did the other Beach Boys share Mike's thoughts? If it were my band member doing this I'd quietly remove him and finish the speech myself in a nicer tone.

Nevertheless, Mike is hilarious here.

Did it ever occur to you, Cable, how wise and bountiful God was to put breasts on a woman? Just the right number in just the right place. Did you ever notice that, Cable?
slickman9696
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #422 on: July 18, 2006, 06:17:49 AM »

Thank you, finally someone posted that HOF video. I've been asking for a while. Being a young fan, I was only 3 when he said all that crap, so even if I did see it on TV, I would not have known what he was saying. Good to see it. Thanks!
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #423 on: July 18, 2006, 07:20:58 AM »

Did the other Beach Boys share Mike's thoughts? If it were my band member doing this I'd quietly remove him and finish the speech myself in a nicer tone.

Well that's why the backing band started playing. They tried to stop him. The others seem to have left the stage. Does anyone have the first part of the induction?

- Jack Rieley
Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got the Beach Boys, my friends got the Stones

View Profile
« Reply #424 on: July 18, 2006, 10:00:18 AM »

LOL That was kind of painful. It wouldve been a nice touch if he was chugging from a bottle of champagne and throws it into the band when he walks off...

We would like to record under an atmosphere of calmness. - Brian Wilson
--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1IgXT3xFdU
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 ... 186 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx