gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 10:33:09 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 186 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Official BB You Tube Thread  (Read 1389262 times)
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2006, 07:16:04 PM »

FINALLY! Love is a Woman (live in 76 at NBC studios) is posted, i believe it's the SNL version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AyUc5AvS8g

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
Daniel S.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2006, 09:49:25 PM »

Brian doesn't look too recovered in that performance. And this was the height of the Brian Is Back Campaign? Didn't the general public notice something is really wrong with him. The Beach Boys must of been pretty greedy to push him into the spotlight when he was in that condition. Sheesh...

Let us all stay teenage gamblers listening to the radio.
Jon Stebbins
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2006, 11:16:01 PM »

Actually the BB's were pissed off they weren't asked to be on Saturday Night Live too. This appearance was purely a Landy thing.
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2006, 11:37:02 PM »

Actually, wasn't Lorne Michaels only interested in having Brian on, and turned down the offer to have the BBs on?

Nobody gives a sh*t about the Record Room
XY
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2006, 09:53:58 AM »

Here's another one:

Wouldn't It Be Nice / The David Frost Show, 1971
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSMr8etaVPc
filmed May 7, 1971 @ Westinghouse Broadcasting Company, Philadelphia

Rerun
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2006, 09:55:33 AM »

Here's another one:

Wouldn't It Be Nice / The David Frost Show, 1971
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSMr8etaVPc
filmed May 7, 1971 @ Westinghouse Broadcasting Company, Philadelphia

Don't really care for Jardine on those vocals much.  I've always wondered why he didn't get more leads, but that song is just a Brian song.

"Today, in our increasingly secular world, loving one another doesn't just mean "loving."  It means being forced to accept as normal those behaviors and lifestyles that are absolutely abnormal.  It's not enough to live and let live.  You must chant their mantra as well; you must repent, renounce your own values, and pronounce those of the radical left as superior and adopt them."
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2006, 11:25:42 AM »

somebody for some reason added the 409 chapter from the making of Nashville Sounds w/ Jr. Brown, interesting to see if you dont have the dvd...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koDHnzdWR1E

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
XY
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2006, 01:10:11 AM »

I Get Around / Age Tendre et Tête De Bois, 1964
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ajENb-ExCs
filmed November 18, 1964 @ TF2 TV Studios, Paris

(I know, this is probably the 20th IGA-clip on YouTube... Undecided)
XY
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2006, 03:45:04 AM »

Good Vibrations / Promo film 1966
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNXpvseS-4c
filmed October 23, 1966 in Los Angeles
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2006, 04:13:25 AM »

Thanks Jasper. Never saw any of these clips. The promo-film is groovy.... Got any more?

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Mitchell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2006, 07:10:53 AM »

That's an awesome avatar, Jasper. Can you post the full picture?

Watch out for snakes!
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2006, 07:15:45 AM »

great! GV is basically the fire video. but it was the GV originally, right?

~post of the century~
-Mikie

XY
« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2006, 09:11:46 AM »

Thank you! This is a snapshot from the CNN Larry King interview. Unfortunately I don't have the video cap on the HD anymore, the quality wasn't good anyway...

great! GV is basically the fire video. but it was the GV originally, right?

Yep, I think it's the original 1966 edit, directed by Brian (?)

Got any more?

OK, here ya go:

Little Cycle / Andy Williams Show 1965
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6usnTgPRA8
filmed October 22, 1965 @ NBC Color City Studios in Burbank, California
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2006, 09:27:07 AM »

Jasper,

Got any outakes from "Inside Pop" you can post?  Tip Toe

"Bring me the head of Carmen Sandiego" Lynne "The Chief" Thigpen
XY
« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2006, 09:42:04 AM »

Got any outakes from "Inside Pop" you can post?  Tip Toe

Ha! No, only "Surf's Up" without Oppenheim's commentary from AN AMERICAN BAND.
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2006, 10:59:38 AM »

Shoot! Sad

"Bring me the head of Carmen Sandiego" Lynne "The Chief" Thigpen
busy doin nothin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 20, 2006, 06:23:54 PM »

Thank you! This is a snapshot from the CNN Larry King interview. Unfortunately I don't have the video cap on the HD anymore, the quality wasn't good anyway...

Isn't that picture of Brian as the "Good Humor Man" one of the photos of the band included with the Sunflower album?  (Including Al with an accordion, IIRC.)  The photos appear to have been taken at the "town square" location on the Universal Studios back lot (which was very prominently used in the movie "Back to the Future.")  Although one would have thought the pictures would have been taken on the Warner Bros. lot, given Sunflower was the Boys' first LP for Warners -- for all I know that lot belonged to Warners in 1970 and was later acquired by Universal.  The picture of Brian is included in the Sunflower/Surf's Up two-fer CD.

"Your rent bill is high, so you work to try and get by . . . "
busy doin nothin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 20, 2006, 06:30:54 PM »

Good Vibrations / Promo film 1966
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNXpvseS-4c
filmed October 23, 1966 in Los Angeles

That one is so completely utterly freakin' cool!  Makes me so sad the Beach Boys never did a "Hard Days Night" kind of movie. 

Was that Marilyn dribbling the basketball?

Mitchell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 21, 2006, 06:51:11 AM »

Isn't that picture of Brian as the "Good Humor Man" one of the photos of the band included with the Sunflower album?  (Including Al with an accordion, IIRC.)  The photos appear to have been taken at the "town square" location on the Universal Studios back lot (which was very prominently used in the movie "Back to the Future.")  Although one would have thought the pictures would have been taken on the Warner Bros. lot, given Sunflower was the Boys' first LP for Warners -- for all I know that lot belonged to Warners in 1970 and was later acquired by Universal.  The picture of Brian is included in the Sunflower/Surf's Up two-fer CD.

Yeah, it's in the Sunflower booklet, but, unless I'm mistaken, this picture is a different one from the same shoot.

Watch out for snakes!
busy doin nothin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 21, 2006, 07:53:21 AM »

Yeah, it's in the Sunflower booklet, but, unless I'm mistaken, this picture is a different one from the same shoot.

You're right, Mitchell, it's a different picture from the same shoot.  My bad.  I didn't have the booklet in front of me when I posted.

XY
« Reply #45 on: April 21, 2006, 08:03:16 AM »

Mitchell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 21, 2006, 08:18:55 AM »

Ah, I see. Nice. I wonder if there are more shots from that era? It's just cool to see photos of Brian in the early-70s.

Watch out for snakes!
windchimes
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 21, 2006, 10:42:29 AM »

Jasper.. Simply put, you are the man. I have seen all of these videos except for the 64 I Get Around from paris. Nice work my friend.
Reverend Joshua Sloane
Smiley Smile Associate

Since I cannot rouse heaven I intend to raise hell

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 21, 2006, 11:08:14 AM »

Look at that "Little Cycle" thing! No wonder people think the BBoys were and always would be dorks! While Lennon was making hilariously sly jokes to the audience, the Beach Boys were changing the words of their own songs to suit sponsers!

Did it ever occur to you, Cable, how wise and bountiful God was to put breasts on a woman? Just the right number in just the right place. Did you ever notice that, Cable?
busy doin nothin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 21, 2006, 11:37:25 AM »

Look at that "Little Cycle" thing! No wonder people think the BBoys were and always would be dorks! While Lennon was making hilariously sly jokes to the audience, the Beach Boys were changing the words of their own songs to suit sponsers!

Wait a minute, there.  Even those bad boys the Rolling Stones succumbed to pressure to change the lyrics to "Let's Spend the Night Together" when they appeared on Ed Sullivan.  And that was two years after the "Little Cycle" appearance.

gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 186 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx