gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681101 Posts in 27629 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 23, 2024, 10:04:38 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 92 93 94 [95] 96 97 98 99 100 ... 186 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Official BB You Tube Thread  (Read 1400788 times)
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2350 on: June 07, 2011, 02:10:05 PM »

I remember seeing that commercial and only once. The airline may have been Eastern or United. It was so long ago.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
MBE
« Reply #2351 on: June 07, 2011, 02:31:54 PM »

It would be cool to see the whole thing. They did air The Beach Boys 5 second segement on A&E.
Ed Roach
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #2352 on: June 07, 2011, 03:21:25 PM »

They did air The Beach Boys 5 second segement on A&E.

Which doc. was it in on A&E?  The one on Brian?

And yes, it was an Eastern Airlines commercial.  I saw it during a program on cutting-edge commercials at FILMEX , which for a few brief years - namely, the first few, in the early '70's - was Los Angeles's own little Cannes.  I immediately contacted the ad agency who had produced it, and blew Dennis away when I showed him a 16mm copy of it!  Now, there's some outtake footage for someone to track down...  They obviously shot quite a bit more.
MBE
« Reply #2353 on: June 07, 2011, 04:41:31 PM »

They had a Beach Boys night where they showed documentaries and various videos. They even showed your Dennis promo from 1977 for P.O.B. If you want a dvd I can make one for you
edermike@msn.com
It's the least I can do for the fine interview you gave me a few years back.
Ed Roach
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #2354 on: June 07, 2011, 06:45:36 PM »

Would love it, & I'm writing you right now!
Curious where this BB documentary night was held...
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2355 on: June 07, 2011, 07:40:27 PM »

He was in a TWA commercial in 1971

This needs to turn up like now  Shocked

First off, it wasn't TWA, but another defunct airlines.  It took me forever to track it down years ago, and, while I supplied the copy for Endless Harmony, they had to secure the rights.  It IS great footage, with the Boys sitting around the piano singing with Brian, and Bruce speaking to the camera.  The rest of the commercial features some priceless footage of Los Angeles in the late 60's/early 70's
Do you by chance remember what they were singing? How did Brian sound or look?

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
MBE
« Reply #2356 on: June 07, 2011, 08:40:25 PM »

Brian sounded and looked great though he and the others, bar Bruce, just sat at the piano harmonising. It was just a short "do do do" type of thing but was neat. Ed I responded, it's nice to be back in touch with you.
18thofMay
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin to the beach

View Profile
« Reply #2357 on: June 07, 2011, 09:08:47 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSHq4_UZ98g&feature=related
I had not heard this before!! Or had I.. sounds cool

It’s like he hired a fashion consultant and told her to make him look “punchable.”
Some Guy, 2012
"Donald Trump makes Mike Love look like an asshole"
Me ,2015.
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2358 on: June 07, 2011, 09:30:21 PM »

Pay careful attention at about 46 seconds into this clip. This might be the earliest film of Brian where you can tell something isn't quite right. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AKkFfOcWHk&feature=related

MBE
« Reply #2359 on: June 07, 2011, 11:30:12 PM »

Pay careful attention at about 46 seconds into this clip. This might be the earliest film of Brian where you can tell something isn't quite right. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AKkFfOcWHk&feature=related
I would say 42 seconds in but this always moved me.
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2360 on: June 07, 2011, 11:34:47 PM »

It's actually quite sad watching this clip. To see him going from happily playing with his kids, to a man with long uncombed hair and a beard, seemingly trying to get the camera to leave him alone. Notice how he puts his hand over the camera.

Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2361 on: June 08, 2011, 12:36:33 AM »

It's actually quite sad watching this clip. To see him going from happily playing with his kids, to a man with long uncombed hair and a beard, seemingly trying to get the camera to leave him alone. Notice how he puts his hand over the camera.

And notice his fingernails.....

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2362 on: June 08, 2011, 02:21:20 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSHq4_UZ98g&feature=related
I had not heard this before!! Or had I.. sounds cool

New to me too ! Thanks for the link.
The kazoo sounds like it's playing the "Bicycle rider"-rhythm

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
TerryWogan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2363 on: June 08, 2011, 04:25:41 AM »

Yeah, the two clips from 42 seconds onwards are pretty harrowing. Does anyone know where those clips originate? Particularly the first one; I've never seen footage of what I presume is '72 - '74 Brian before.
MBE
« Reply #2364 on: June 08, 2011, 04:34:28 AM »

They are all home movies.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2365 on: June 08, 2011, 09:56:23 AM »

A very nice video for the 2009 mix of "Lady" a.k.a. "Fallin' in love"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHy63ja0zNA&feature=related

- Jack Rieley
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2366 on: June 08, 2011, 09:24:48 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60exwOJ8-5k&feature=related

Well, it IS The Beach BoysGrin

Stegibo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2367 on: June 11, 2011, 09:33:40 AM »

Little Honda live in Virginia Beach, June 4th:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmCOe2Bh4pc#t=2m34s

Are you ready for some Fun Fun Fun?!
bsten
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2368 on: June 12, 2011, 09:42:13 AM »

I believe this crispy version is from Steve Dahl radio show 1995-96. But has anyone more info on
the recording? Was anything else recorded during those sessions - and not released???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-nEMRk1ymY

/B
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2369 on: June 12, 2011, 01:29:14 PM »

I believe this crispy version is from Steve Dahl radio show 1995-96. But has anyone more info on
the recording? Was anything else recorded during those sessions - and not released???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-nEMRk1ymY

/B

What's that about? Never heard of it....

- Jack Rieley
GuyOnTheBeach
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2370 on: June 13, 2011, 03:14:00 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xByfQ95ufpc&feature=related

About as funny as a castration.

Some of the people's over reactive comments are fairly amusing though.
Ebb and Flow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2371 on: June 13, 2011, 05:39:59 PM »

The worst part is the "Do you have another song?" thing.  The dude has a massive songwriting catalog under his belt and you're accusing him of being a one-hit wonder?  WTF

Hope this won't offend members from the UK, but because of BW's/BB popularity over there, there seem to be a lot more people critical of them there than in America (Where the BB's might be regarded by some as "lame" but are typically not subjected to harsh criticism).  I've had several people troll the BehindTheSounds videos and they've all been from the UK.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2372 on: June 13, 2011, 05:53:40 PM »

That lady was plain rude, what Brian Wilson did in 1960s is a standard that nobody has ever or will come close to doing. Brian should of responded with a deep cuts or hits concert on the spot with Brian performing at 100% to prove a point of how great his music is.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 05:56:48 PM by briansbathrobe » Logged

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Ebb and Flow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2373 on: June 13, 2011, 05:58:37 PM »

That lady was plain rude, what Brian Wilson did in 1960s is a standard that nobody has ever or will come close to doing. Brian should of responded with a deep cuts or hits concert on the spot with  the drive of 60s Brian to prove a point of how great his music is.

The video was a hackjob of different pieces of the show to make it LOOK like they didn't enjoy his performance.  It's basically just one ***hole's opinion.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2374 on: June 13, 2011, 06:16:58 PM »

Yeah your right about that after watching it again, both UK and USA Beach Boys fans should give as many negative ratings on youtube as possible.   

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 92 93 94 [95] 96 97 98 99 100 ... 186 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx