gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680751 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 09:53:53 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 ... 186 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Official BB You Tube Thread  (Read 1393352 times)
TdHabib
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1425 on: December 24, 2008, 09:58:39 AM »

Hell, it might be one of my three wishes if I ever meet the genie.
Don't wish for something that specific. Say "I wish every unreleased Beach Boys tape gets made public." Don't you want to hear Wouldn't It Be Nice to Live Again, too?
Yeah, you have a point and I do want to hear "WIBNTLA" badly too.

I like the Beatles a bit more than the Boys of Beach, I think Brian's band is the tops---really amazing. And finally, I'm liberal. That's it.
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1426 on: December 24, 2008, 09:27:42 PM »

Hell, it might be one of my three wishes if I ever meet the genie.
Don't wish for something that specific. Say "I wish every unreleased Beach Boys tape gets made public." Don't you want to hear Wouldn't It Be Nice to Live Again, too?
People, wish #1 is "I wish for unlimited wishes." Then the rest is irrelevant because you never run out. C'mon, folks, this is Genie Wishing 101.
No, genies don't let you wish for unlimited wishes. That's one of the rules.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: December 25, 2008, 04:17:24 AM »

Hello fellow SmileySmileboard-members:

A merry Christmas to you all!

Here's a video I recently found on one of my tapes: I think from at around 1984 (correct me if I'm wrong). Obviously a Christmas show, seeing (and hearing) the entourage. Carl sings God Only Knows as a duet with... well.... help me out on this one folks!! Who's the lady singing with Carl (I recognise her, but can't remember her name right now)?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ml-WmkUGlwk

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
mikeyj
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: December 25, 2008, 04:43:39 AM »

Hello fellow SmileySmileboard-members:

A merry Christmas to you all!

Here's a video I recently found on one of my tapes: I think from at around 1984 (correct me if I'm wrong). Obviously a Christmas show, seeing (and hearing) the entourage. Carl sings God Only Knows as a duet with... well.... help me out on this one folks!! Who's the lady singing with Carl (I recognise her, but can't remember her name right now)?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ml-WmkUGlwk

Hey Hey Santa, Merry Christmas to you too... thanks for all the presents!! Cheesy

I believe it's Marilyn McCoo singing with Carl and I think the show is called Solid Gold... hope that helps... not sure if I'm 100% right in my info though
« Last Edit: December 25, 2008, 04:45:19 AM by mikeyj » Logged
variable2
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: December 25, 2008, 12:47:23 PM »

The Night Was So Young acapella!  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4b5HO3WlW0
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1430 on: December 25, 2008, 01:02:25 PM »

Never saw this "performance" of GOK from '69:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SmGaLAtCMA&feature=related

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Ian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: December 25, 2008, 01:49:22 PM »

That GOK "performance" is actually from 1968-Dec 14 to be exact- Twien filmed in Amsterdam-they did all most a whole mimed show for Dutch TV-a bit of some other songs is in American Band.
MBE
« Reply #1432 on: December 25, 2008, 10:05:48 PM »

It was cool to see the Tween thing because my copy has Not For Broadcast covering part of the picture.
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: December 26, 2008, 02:58:47 AM »

It was cool to see the Tween thing because my copy has Not For Broadcast covering part of the picture.

The Twien performance was also added to the Not For Broadcast - The Beach Boys Video Archives dvd (essentila for anyone's BB-collection btw - if you see it, buy it immediately!!). It does have a counter on the screen below though. I have a recording somewhere on VHS without that fortunately.
I'm still wondering if it was a life-performance which had the studio-recordings added later on or if it was a complete playback-show. Does anyone know?

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
MBE
« Reply #1434 on: December 26, 2008, 04:47:40 AM »

That dvd is good I just wish they hadn't added the words in the middle of the picture. A few of the items I have seen better in other places but overall it is a solid item.
variable2
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: December 28, 2008, 07:28:07 PM »

British Documentary on The Beach Boys
Part 1 of 7: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXsyJj3W5nQ

man.. what a dark ending to part 7..
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: December 28, 2008, 07:59:09 PM »

I remember my dad watching this, when I had not interest in the BB, only a few years ago.

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Ganz Allein
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: December 29, 2008, 04:50:02 PM »

Yeah, and to whom was he asking "what do you think?" about a BBs reunion?  Melinda?
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: December 29, 2008, 06:03:38 PM »

Wow, that is sad, although not altogether shocking.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
MBE
« Reply #1439 on: December 29, 2008, 08:35:37 PM »

That doc is the one I keep going back to in my head when I think of how Brian is living today.
TdHabib
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1440 on: December 29, 2008, 10:28:58 PM »

Wanted to see that docu, Jon Stebbins' docu right?, for a long time. Very revealing and has some great stuff in it. Sad ending is right...

I like the Beatles a bit more than the Boys of Beach, I think Brian's band is the tops---really amazing. And finally, I'm liberal. That's it.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1441 on: December 30, 2008, 04:48:57 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orGJmf6OHaA&feature=related

BJ Thomas "Don't worry baby". Does anyone know who was responsible for the change in the lyrics?

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: January 02, 2009, 11:36:18 PM »

I bet not a lot of people here have heard this.  Grin http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8g4Q5L6x04

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
MBE
« Reply #1443 on: January 03, 2009, 05:18:04 AM »

I have that record. I love Jan and Dean's version too.
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: January 03, 2009, 08:15:49 AM »

Ok, I know everyone's heard this tune (Someone to Love from Sweet Insanity)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRyPW8EmThw

I just wanted to point out the conversation that someone's actually convinced Brian will revisit more Sweet Insanity tunes, which I highly doubt will ever happen.

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
phirnis
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: January 03, 2009, 09:11:49 AM »

Do you happen to know which Jan & Dean album this is on? I've got to hear it.
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1446 on: January 03, 2009, 02:37:43 PM »

Ok, I know everyone's heard this tune (Someone to Love from Sweet Insanity)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRyPW8EmThw

I just wanted to point out the conversation that someone's actually convinced Brian will revisit more Sweet Insanity tunes, which I highly doubt will ever happen.

Brian always reuses songs. He'll be dipping into his back-catalog 'til the day he dies.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
Christian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: January 04, 2009, 02:51:26 AM »

Not included on any original vinyl album, a single only release in 1960: Dore 576 (produced by Herb Alpert & Lou Adler)

You can find it on the Jan & Dean CD "Teen Suite 1958-1962" (Varese Sarabande VSD-5590) and as a bonus track on the 1996 reissue of the original Dore album (Sundazed LP 5040).
« Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 09:19:51 AM by Christian » Logged
James Hughes-Clarke
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: January 04, 2009, 12:26:52 PM »

I bet not a lot of people here have heard this.  Grin http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8g4Q5L6x04

Or this....

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=e1tl4BkvVnA&feature=related

Hypnotise me into thinking I'm not insane
phirnis
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: January 04, 2009, 01:02:01 PM »

Not included on any original vinyl album, a single only release in 1960: Dore 576 (produced by Herb Alpert & Lou Adler)

You can find it on the Jan & Dean CD "Teen Suite 1958-1962" (Varese Sarabande VSD-5590) and as a bonus track on the 1996 reissue of the original Dore album (Sundazed LP 5040).

Thanks, Christian!
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 ... 186 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx