gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680753 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 20, 2024, 09:00:24 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 186 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Official BB You Tube Thread  (Read 1393524 times)
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: May 01, 2006, 09:18:00 PM »

Love that tune. Sounds like something from the Electric Company Season 1.

Nobody gives a sh*t about the Record Room
Compost
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 01, 2006, 09:55:06 PM »

Diggin' Carl's bobble-toque in that video.  Very hep.
matt-zeus
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: May 02, 2006, 04:09:55 PM »

That clip of 'Don't go near the water' is so cool. Its filmed about 15 minutes walk from where I live. The pier in the film was burned and blown down leaving only skeletal remains.

Disco, disco, discotheque mama...

My music: http://www.thebrigadier.co.uk
matt-zeus
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: May 02, 2006, 04:16:54 PM »

That video of 'its Gettin late' is cool just for the ending with Brians crazy face

Disco, disco, discotheque mama...

My music: http://www.thebrigadier.co.uk
busy doin nothin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 02, 2006, 05:36:47 PM »

That's in my Top 3 BB TV performances ever. Amazing, showing the band was capable of making incredible music up into the 80's.

Scary. Brian is near 300 pounds and within a year will be near death, spurring his reunion with Landy. Carl will be disgusted and gone from the band the following year. Dennis has already been temporarily kicked out, and while this TV performence is being filmed he's off somewhere shortening his life. And still they sound good. This is definitely a last hurrah in a sense...and in a sense its the begining of the end.

That "goin on" performance is absolutely totally friggin awesome!  They sound fantastic vocally and instrumentally, Carl looks and sounds great, and it is so cool to see Brian there, pounding on the keyboards, doing his vocal part and pumping the fist at the end!  Denny is of course missing, though -- the only drawback . . .

"Your rent bill is high, so you work to try and get by . . . "
Noble Surfer
Smiley Smile Associate

Noble Surfer, he's the #1 man!

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 04, 2006, 06:46:21 PM »

Someone asked if there was a way to save the YouTube vids on a harddrive. Well, there is a way!!!! Banana Thumbs Up. Go to www.keepvid.com. Once you download the vid, rename the extension as .flv and you'll need a media player capable of playing flv vids such as the awesome VLC player. You can also find some good software to convert the flv vids to avi's or mpg's.

SURF'S UP!!!
NOBLE SURFER

"I'm not a genius, I'm just a hardworking guy"-Brian Wilson
"Let the love I have for you, live in your heart...forever"-Dennis Wilson "Forever"
Matt Howlett
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 04, 2006, 06:47:47 PM »

I don't know if someone has already posted this one, but here is "Wendy" on the Ed Sullivan Show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtC_SVnamTk

Thanks Noble Surfer for that helpful comment, I'm going to go download some videos now!!!
Third Coast
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 04, 2006, 09:10:44 PM »

Someone asked if there was a way to save the YouTube vids on a harddrive. Well, there is a way!!!! Banana Thumbs Up. Go to www.keepvid.com. Once you download the vid, rename the extension as .flv and you'll need a media player capable of playing flv vids such as the awesome VLC player. You can also find some good software to convert the flv vids to avi's or mpg's.
Thanks, but I couldn't get it to work. I went to the site and pasted a URL from Youtube into that field as instructed and clicked on Download. Another screen came up, and it says to right click on Save Target As, etc. as usual, but when I do that I get an error prompt. And it never got far enough to show a window where I'd rename the extension.  What's wrong?
MBE
« Reply #83 on: May 05, 2006, 05:27:38 AM »

Thanks for telling us how to download!
XY
« Reply #84 on: May 05, 2006, 06:05:55 AM »

@Third Coast: Try http://javimoya.com/blog/youtube_en.php

Help Me, Rhonda - The Andy Williams Show
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjY2VWPnYyo
filmed October 22, 1965 @ NBC Color City Studios in Burbank, California
« Last Edit: May 05, 2006, 06:07:39 AM by Jasper » Logged
Rockard
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 05, 2006, 08:00:59 AM »

The quality and colors of the Andy Williams footage is totally marvelous and vibrant!
I feel this is the nicest quality beachboys performance in existance of the early years, isn't it?

I wished I had this performance on dvd with the three songs intact in one long sequence.
youtube kills the bitrate quite a bit, I imagine.
(care to upload "their hearts were full of spring", Jasper?) =)

I hope the official website will open up possibilities to aquire beachboys footage on dvd in good quality.
Mitchell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 05, 2006, 10:18:58 AM »

I think Al looks best in the striped shirt/white pants look. Probably because he's thin. Great performance!

Watch out for snakes!
Third Coast
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 05, 2006, 08:13:20 PM »

@Third Coast: Try http://javimoya.com/blog/youtube_en.php

Help Me, Rhonda - The Andy Williams Show
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjY2VWPnYyo
filmed October 22, 1965 @ NBC Color City Studios in Burbank, California

Thanks, Jasper. That works much better.

In what other clips, besides the "Mess of Help" promo, does Dennis play keyboards? Those are the only two I can think of, off the top of my head.
Jon Stebbins
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 06, 2006, 08:50:46 AM »

Dennis plays keyboards in all of the Central Park '71 footage from the network TV special. Don't know why none of that has made it to Youtube. it circulates pretty freely. They perform Heroes, Okie from Muskogee, Forever, Its About Time and I Get Around. Great footage with great sound. Also Dennis plays keys on a lot of things, like Heroes and Rhonda from the various '75 to '80 concerts....many of which the footage is in collectors hands.
XY
« Reply #89 on: May 06, 2006, 09:53:45 AM »

care to upload "their hearts were full of spring", Jasper?) =)

OK!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpzeYIm1iSc
XY
« Reply #90 on: May 06, 2006, 09:54:08 AM »

(care to upload "their hearts were full of spring", Jasper?) =)

OK!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpzeYIm1iSc
Rockard
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 06, 2006, 10:59:45 AM »

Great! thank you, Jasper!  Smiley

A bit sad it was cut right as they were to sing it together.. I do have a short mp3 of this 80ties interview,
but the quality if the sound of this clip is much better.
jane
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 08, 2006, 09:51:26 AM »

Question for Jasper--
Did the Beach Boys play any other songs on the show you got "Goin On" from? If so, what? Any chance of posting it/them? I've really enjoyed all of your videos! Thanks for sharing them!
Lorenschwartz
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 08, 2006, 02:01:52 PM »

Question for Jasper--
Did the Beach Boys play any other songs on the show you got "Goin On" from? If so, what? Any chance of posting it/them? I've really enjoyed all of your videos! Thanks for sharing them!

Actually, that performance was a good vibrations/goin'on medley...very intereting arr.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: May 08, 2006, 02:49:42 PM »

Question for Jasper--

Actually, that performance was a good vibrations/goin'on medley...very intereting arr.

Would love to see that...

BTW there's a Jan&Dean-video (New girl in school) on youtube from the later years. Sad to see Jan so damaged

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Zander
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: May 09, 2006, 12:33:27 AM »

I have the Central Park & London gigs on British VHS (they did about 10 songs in total). Now my computer is rubbish and I don't know how to load these clips on to YouTube to share with other fans. Would somebody be interested in loading them up in exchange for putting them and some other clips from YouTube to a DVD for me? Also, does anybody have the Dennis Wilson River Song promo footage?

Zander

They say I got brains but they ain't doing me no good, I wish they could...
XY
« Reply #96 on: May 09, 2006, 01:04:37 AM »

Question for Jasper--

Yep, they played "Keepin' The Summer Alive" and the "Good Vibrations"/"Goin' On" medley. I'll upload them, probably next weekend...
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 09, 2006, 09:11:29 AM »

about Jan being 'damaged,' how is this? i know about the whole car accident, but how can you tell he's hurt?

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
jane
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 09, 2006, 10:20:48 AM »

Yep, they played "Keepin' The Summer Alive" and the "Good Vibrations"/"Goin' On" medley. I'll upload them, probably next weekend...

Thanks Jasper! Can't wait!
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: May 09, 2006, 10:27:22 AM »

about Jan being 'damaged,' how is this? i know about the whole car accident, but how can you tell he's hurt?

Well, take "sick" instead of "hurt". And then go watch the video....

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 186 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx