gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680749 Posts in 27614 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 05:42:30 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 186 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Official BB You Tube Thread  (Read 1393159 times)
Reverend Joshua Sloane
Smiley Smile Associate

Since I cannot rouse heaven I intend to raise hell

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 21, 2006, 12:04:54 PM »

Look at that "Little Cycle" thing! No wonder people think the BBoys were and always would be dorks! While Lennon was making hilariously sly jokes to the audience, the Beach Boys were changing the words of their own songs to suit sponsers!

Wait a minute, there.  Even those bad boys the Rolling Stones succumbed to pressure to change the lyrics to "Let's Spend the Night Together" when they appeared on Ed Sullivan.  And that was two years after the "Little Cycle" appearance.

Hmm good point.

Plenty of Brian's music was way cooler than anyone elses of the same time, in my opinion. Take "Here Today" for example. Think of those huge organ chops, the pulsating bass.

Did it ever occur to you, Cable, how wise and bountiful God was to put breasts on a woman? Just the right number in just the right place. Did you ever notice that, Cable?
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: April 22, 2006, 01:51:22 AM »

About the David Frost performance...

1. Nothing but old people in the audience

and

2. Al kept getting the lyrics wrong.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Jon Stebbins
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 22, 2006, 08:01:37 AM »

About the David Frost performance...

1. Nothing but old people in the audience

and

2. Al kept getting the lyrics wrong.

AND...Dennis Wilson's drumming kicks butt. This is the last LIVE footage I know of before his '71 hand injury...and he was good.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: April 23, 2006, 07:44:25 PM »

Oh yeah...that just goes without saying.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Dancing Bear
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 23, 2006, 08:43:12 PM »

FINALLY! Love is a Woman (live in 76 at NBC studios) is posted, i believe it's the SNL version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AyUc5AvS8g

I expected something MUCH worse. Ok, his reactions were controlled by "SMILE MORE" cards that Landy was holding behind the camera, but it wasn't that bad.

I'm fat as a cow oh how'd I ever get this way!
MBE
« Reply #55 on: April 23, 2006, 11:45:04 PM »

That I Get Around in France was so cool. Does anyone know how to put yourtube videos on their hard drive
Roger Ryan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 24, 2006, 01:57:24 PM »

That's an awesome avatar, Jasper. Can you post the full picture?

Thank you! This is a snapshot from the CNN Larry King interview. Unfortunately I don't have the video cap on the HD anymore, the quality wasn't good anyway...

Isn't that picture of Brian as the "Good Humor Man" one of the photos of the band included with the Sunflower album?  (Including Al with an accordion, IIRC.)  The photos appear to have been taken at the "town square" location on the Universal Studios back lot (which was very prominently used in the movie "Back to the Future.")  Although one would have thought the pictures would have been taken on the Warner Bros. lot, given Sunflower was the Boys' first LP for Warners -- for all I know that lot belonged to Warners in 1970 and was later acquired by Universal.  The picture of Brian is included in the Sunflower/Surf's Up two-fer CD.

Actually, that photo is from the Warner Bros. backlot. It's still largely intact in Burbank and can be seen weekly on the WB's "Gilmore Girls" (the gazebo features in almost every episode). The Universal "town square" featured in the "Back To The Future" series is different.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2006, 08:35:25 AM by Roger Ryan » Logged
XY
« Reply #57 on: April 27, 2006, 12:16:58 AM »

@windchimes: Thank you!!! - I think the "Bluebirds"-video is very rare too, did you see this one before?

Goin' On - Fridays, 1980
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BEdHc4kCIY
filmed June 20, 1980 @ ABC TV Studios, Los Angeles
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 27, 2006, 01:07:12 AM »

That's in my Top 3 BB TV performances ever. Amazing, showing the band was capable of making incredible music up into the 80's.

Nobody gives a sh*t about the Record Room
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 27, 2006, 01:20:59 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1iyuLQzKkk&search=beach%20boys

Jon Stebbins
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: April 27, 2006, 08:34:25 AM »

That's in my Top 3 BB TV performances ever. Amazing, showing the band was capable of making incredible music up into the 80's.

Scary. Brian is near 300 pounds and within a year will be near death, spurring his reunion with Landy. Carl will be disgusted and gone from the band the following year. Dennis has already been temporarily kicked out, and while this TV performence is being filmed he's off somewhere shortening his life. And still they sound good. This is definitely a last hurrah in a sense...and in a sense its the begining of the end.
Dancing Bear
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 27, 2006, 10:21:06 AM »

Who's on drums, bass and keybords in Goin' On?

I'm fat as a cow oh how'd I ever get this way!
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 27, 2006, 10:27:34 AM »

i believe Bruce & Mike Meros is on Keys...i know the guy on drums, but never could remember his name...he's on Good Timin' in Knebworth too.

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 27, 2006, 10:30:07 AM »

though where's Mike on the sax solo? didnt think he played it anyways...Mike Meros is a contender for looking like michael keaton in Mr. Mom...Brian looks awesome in this...better than in the BB 85 promo videos...though no healthy...this is when things were interesting...also...Al barely plays on this...

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
Jon Stebbins
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 27, 2006, 12:18:50 PM »

That's Bobby Figueroa on drums.
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: April 28, 2006, 11:37:42 AM »

I just love how half the search results for "Beach Boys" on youtube are guys in speedos kissing each other on the beach.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 28, 2006, 11:38:31 AM »

I just love how half the search results for "Beach Boys" on youtube are guys in speedos kissing each other on the beach.

Boy peeing on guy's head is good too.

Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 28, 2006, 09:42:59 PM »

Sorry to bring an old topic up, but I just saw these.

I will never again critize Landy for having Brian do the Sweet Insanity album and "Smart Girls"... because I just watched the Fat Boys featuring The Beach Boys.  Looks like Brian wasn't the only one making a fool of himself around that time, I can't blame the illness for it anymore. 
slickman9696
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 30, 2006, 02:08:35 PM »

Well, this is probably one of the worst collaboration songs of the 80s (ala do they know it's christmas). It's called spirit of the forest, and includes our boy Brian Wilson. Ringo Starr is there two, and actually a lot of big names (David Gilmour). So, I guess they were doing it for the cause and not the song.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=sxkbNpN8XM8&search=brian%20wilson
Daniel S.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 30, 2006, 06:04:56 PM »

Those group sing-a-longs from the 80's are always pure crap. I wonder if the participants are embarrased yet?

Let us all stay teenage gamblers listening to the radio.
Lorenschwartz
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 30, 2006, 07:32:10 PM »

Those group sing-a-longs from the 80's are always pure crap. I wonder if the participants are embarrased yet?
i completely forgot about this one. Ithink Ringo was still drinking at this time....Tottally an '80' excess footnote.

f*** the forest, now weve got the war on terrorism.
How about an all star collaboration against Bush and i administrations fuckups. I'll write it. Call Springsteen, Rem, and Eddie Vedder.
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 30, 2006, 09:35:31 PM »

Yeah! that'd be great! Mixing music (God's gift to mankind) with Politics(man's evil creation to control and manipulate people)! Sounds like an awesome idea, glad to see you're hearts in the right place.
Eric Aniversario
Smiley Smile Associate

Keep the Summer Alive!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: May 01, 2006, 12:59:40 AM »

Well, this is probably one of the worst collaboration songs of the 80s (ala do they know it's christmas). It's called spirit of the forest, and includes our boy Brian Wilson. Ringo Starr is there two, and actually a lot of big names (David Gilmour). So, I guess they were doing it for the cause and not the song.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=sxkbNpN8XM8&search=brian%20wilson

This came out a couple of years before I became a hard-core fan (1991).  I vaguely remember it from when it came out, but I wasn't aware that Brian was on it.

Thanks for the link...cool to see at least once....but what a terrible, terrible song.  I wonder how they got all those artists to participate without anyone walking out.  The cause seems like a good one...maybe that's what kept them there.
Lorenschwartz
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 01, 2006, 09:51:24 AM »

Yeah! that'd be great! Mixing music (God's gift to mankind) with Politics(man's evil creation to control and manipulate people)! Sounds like an awesome idea, glad to see you're hearts in the right place.
Lets put our hearts together...good, i'm going to work
Matt Howlett
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 01, 2006, 09:14:11 PM »

Check out this "Don't Go Near The Water" promo clip I uploaded. And also, don't forget to check out the Wipeout video with the Fat Boys (it's pretty ridiculous).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cTIYsvJOQk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gt0LBlH3dAc
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 186 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx