gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680748 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 02:29:55 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vinyl (The Show)  (Read 1625 times)
KDS
« on: April 26, 2016, 05:45:10 AM »

I wasn't sure whether to post here on in the Sandbox.  But since it's a music related show co-created by Mick Jagger, I'll post here.  

Has anyone checked out Vinyl on HBO?

The first season just concluded.

During a Sunday Orioles rainout, I checked out the two hour pilot and it was really good.  I'm only two shows in, but I'm really enjoying so far.

Anyone else?
yonderhillside
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2016, 06:29:33 AM »

I'm hooked, it's brilliant. All the music references get me all hot and bothered.
KDS
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2016, 06:33:54 AM »

I'm hooked, it's brilliant. All the music references get me all hot and bothered.

I think the music references compelled me to check it out. 

The fact that it has a good story is icing on the cake. 
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2016, 01:14:16 AM »

Imdb cast lists Mick Jagger's son. Is he good as an actor? I read that Mick & co decided to stop the show due to poor ratings of the 1st season. Regardless, I'd like to watch it.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
KDS
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2016, 08:49:21 AM »

Imdb cast lists Mick Jagger's son. Is he good as an actor? I read that Mick & co decided to stop the show due to poor ratings of the 1st season. Regardless, I'd like to watch it.

He's pretty good in the show.  He plays the lead singer for a fictional punk band called The Nasty Bits. 

I was just finishing Season 1 when I found out it would be the only season. 

I think the low ratings, coupled with the cost to use all of the classic music they used, probably did the show in.  It's a shame because I thought the show actually got better and better as the season went on. 

Maybe Scorcese and Jagger can shop it to another channel, or to Netflix. 
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2016, 07:20:10 AM »

Thanks for reply. Is any of the fictional characters based on real people? I read the show has John Lennon etc.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
KDS
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2016, 08:02:19 AM »

Thanks for reply. Is any of the fictional characters based on real people? I read the show has John Lennon etc.

Yes, there are actors playing John Lennon, Alice Cooper, David Bowie, Elvis Presley, Robert Goulet, Andy Warhol.  They aren't as vital to the story arch as the fictional rockers, but its a nice touch. 
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2016, 09:08:13 AM »

I'll change the phrasing - could these fictional characters be seen as hint to real musicians?

KDS
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2016, 09:56:13 AM »

I'll change the phrasing - could these fictional characters be seen as hint to real musicians?

Not 100% sure.  I'm sure some of the record executives in the show are loosely based on real people. 

But, of the fictional musicians, nothing really jumped out. 
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx