gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
603396 Posts in 24447 Topics by 3470 Members - Latest Member: Janice Summers March 24, 2017, 07:11:49 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Paul McCartney Solo  (Read 1536 times)
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2017, 12:43:49 AM »

I just got "Chaos And Creation In The Backyard" a few days ago. I haven't listened to it yet. To be honest, I was fairly disappointed with "Driving Rain", and I kind og gave up collecting and following his solo career. I absolutely LOVE the song "My Valentine". I would put it up against his greatest songs, like "My Love", "Let It Be", and "The Long And Winding Road".

#WeHaveNoVoiceYetWeMustScream

#Castillo/Smith2020
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Perhaps I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2017, 02:37:06 AM »

I'd avoided solo McCartney stuff for years (except for Band on the Run, which was unavoidable). 

Then I bought the debut solo, which is a wonderful uncut gem. 

Much later, with a little help from feelsflow, I found myself listening to (and enjoying) Off the Ground.

I may just take it from there...   

"I don't want to go out. I want to stay in. Get things done." (David Bowie)
KDS
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2017, 05:10:48 AM »

I just got "Chaos And Creation In The Backyard" a few days ago. I haven't listened to it yet. To be honest, I was fairly disappointed with "Driving Rain", and I kind og gave up collecting and following his solo career. I absolutely LOVE the song "My Valentine". I would put it up against his greatest songs, like "My Love", "Let It Be", and "The Long And Winding Road".

I like about half of Driving Rain.  The opening song, Lonely Road, really had me optimistic when I first heard the album, but then it settles into MOR McCartney pretty fast.  I do like the album closer Rise the Raindrops.  I used to really like Freedom when it first came out, but I think I was still too caught up in post 9-11 Patriotism to realize that it's a pretty mediocre song.  Good message, so so execution. 

Any opinions posted by me regarding the music of The Beach Boys, and their members, is in no way a show of disrespect towards any member of The Beach Boys, past or present.
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx gfx