gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680784 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 24, 2024, 05:01:15 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: this guy should play a 70's Brian / Dennis role someplace  (Read 4651 times)
bringahorseinhere?
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: June 19, 2016, 06:51:15 PM »

the look, the eyes and even the sound of his voice at times SO reminds me of BW/DW.  Would have been better than Cusack.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcG61w474zY
Shane
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2016, 09:38:00 PM »

Wow, he is channeling 1980 Brian. 

bringahorseinhere?
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2016, 10:07:07 PM »

right on man! 1980 Brian cross with a 77-79 Dennis
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2016, 01:12:58 PM »

the look, the eyes and even the sound of his voice at times SO reminds me of BW/DW.  Would have been better than Cusack.
The voice, not so much, but definitely the look. Don't know if he would still have the resemblance without the beard and long hair, though. But then, Cusack did not look like Brian at all. If nothing else, they should have got him a toupee.
mojoman3061
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2016, 05:18:14 PM »

I thought John Corbett, when he played Chris Stevens, the local radio deejay on Northern Exposure (was that really 1990-1995?), had a resemblance to Dennis.
Dove Nested Towers
Smiley Smile Associate

Goodnight, Mrs. Calabash, wherever you are!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2016, 02:46:28 AM »

"This guy", Crispin Glover, is a well-known eccentric cult actor and performance artist, who, besides his prominent and brilliant comedic performance in Back To the Future, is unfortunately perhaps best known for pissing off David Letterman many years ago in a bizarre, amped-up appearance on his "Late Night" show, when he demonstrated a karate kick quite close to Dave's nose, way inside his comfort zone, whereupon Letterman abruptly cut to commercial and Glover was banned from the show for quite a long time (years later he appeared on the show again and apologized in his odd, inimitable fashion). He was a standout in "River's Edge" alongside a young Keanu Reeves, Roxana Zal, Ione Skye and Dennis Hopper, also played the title role in an excellent indie film production of Dickens' Bartleby the Scrivener, reimagined in a modern setting (he is terminated from his office job, is finally asked to leave the premises and will only say "I would prefer not to" refusing to do anything more of any kind even as the firm goes out of business and the building is torn down etc. lol), and in his spare time collects archaic 19th century medical and torture devices.

He would have been much better IMO than Cusack, his droll sense of humor is similar to Brian's and his OCD and real, rather than affected, unconventional awkwardness is much more similar to Brian's own sweetly peculiar nature. He's not as bankable though and is rumored to be "difficult" and so was never considered for the role, to the best of my knowledge. MUCH more interesting choice than Cusack.

"The police aren't there to create disorder,
they're there to preserve disorder!" -Mayor
Daly, Chicago 1968
bringahorseinhere?
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2016, 03:32:42 AM »

glad some of you guys see this, I should have studied being a 'director'.  This guy would be great in a BW/DW role.
it sticks out like a sore thumb for me.
Peadar 'Big Dinner' O'Driscoll
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2016, 05:19:25 AM »

He tours with his 3 independent films (maybe just 2 released fully) guarding the tapes closely so they are never leaked. These films are about as far out as you can get and certainly not suitable for your average audience. I just cant imagine him playing Brian though.

bringahorseinhere?
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2016, 05:26:39 AM »

Mr woody, you need to look into the Dennis/Brian period of the late 70's and early 80's, then you might get it.
and then, you may not Roll Eyes
Peadar 'Big Dinner' O'Driscoll
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2016, 05:32:19 AM »

Mr woody, you need to look into the Dennis/Brian period of the late 70's and early 80's, then you might get it.
and then, you may not Roll Eyes

Looks yeah but personality no IMO. CG has a unique style which I just don't see transferring well to a Brian Wilson role.

bringahorseinhere?
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2016, 05:34:28 AM »

yeah that's fair enough. each to their own eh.  guess I see something in him. I dunno.
Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2016, 06:24:45 AM »

"This guy", Crispin Glover, is a well-known eccentric cult actor and performance artist, who, besides his prominent and brilliant comedic performance in Back To the Future, is unfortunately perhaps best known for pissing off David Letterman many years ago in a bizarre, amped-up appearance on his "Late Night" show, when he demonstrated a karate kick quite close to Dave's nose, way inside his comfort zone, whereupon Letterman abruptly cut to commercial and Glover was banned from the show for quite a long time (years later he appeared on the show again and apologized in his odd, inimitable fashion).

Brief correction: I think Glover was on Letterman again only a few weeks after to explain his appearance and then was on again a few years after that (edit: and then a few years again after that). I don't think he was ever banned from the show.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 07:23:26 AM by Chocolate Shake Man » Logged
DonnyL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2016, 09:13:18 AM »

I really like Crispin Glover ... not sure I could see him playing BW/DW unless it was in a really far-out interpretation.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 09:50:21 AM by DonnyL » Logged

Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2016, 11:22:33 AM »

I thought John Cusack was perfect.  He didn't look much like Brian but the voice and mannerisms were spot-on.

Dove Nested Towers
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2016, 02:15:19 AM »

"This guy", Crispin Glover, is a well-known eccentric cult actor and performance artist, who, besides his prominent and brilliant comedic performance in Back To the Future, is unfortunately perhaps best known for pissing off David Letterman many years ago in a bizarre, amped-up appearance on his "Late Night" show, when he demonstrated a karate kick quite close to Dave's nose, way inside his comfort zone, whereupon Letterman abruptly cut to commercial and Glover was banned from the show for quite a long time (years later he appeared on the show again and apologized in his odd, inimitable fashion).

Brief correction: I think Glover was on Letterman again only a few weeks after to explain his appearance and then was on again a few years after that (edit: and then a few years again after that). I don't think he was ever banned from the show.

I had always understood that he was banned, but I could have gotten some bad information.

Daly, Chicago 1968
Cool Cool Water
Smiley Smile Associate

Don't Edit Yourself

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2016, 03:21:17 AM »

it's uncanny how they look so much alike from that period! Funny!
Howie Edelson
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2016, 06:30:31 AM »

Or people could just look like people -- and/or grow beards occasionally -- without being cast in a movie about people they kinda, maybe, sorta look like to you.
I was at a party with John Corbin once and saw him up close and laughed at how anyone who saw him in flesh would EVER cast him as Dennis Wilson (completely different energy all around, overweight, and like,  6'6.)

Maybe we can just collectively forget about BB biopics and hope for brilliant insightful documentaries?
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2016, 09:23:47 AM »

Maybe we can just collectively forget about BB biopics and hope for brilliant insightful documentaries?

Amen, Howie!
Ed Roach
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2016, 11:02:33 AM »

Maybe we can just collectively forget about BB biopics and hope for brilliant insightful documentaries? !!!

Sound of Free
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2016, 09:47:05 PM »

Speaking of guys who look like the Wilson brothers, a guy who looks a lot like Carl sings Dennis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9Jat35zBxc
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

Bill Cooper Mystery Babylon

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2016, 06:01:38 PM »

I'm a big Crispon Glover fan! Has anyone seen Bartelby? There is a bad ass therimin in the sound track!

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Mike Love autobiography (pg 242-243)
Dove Nested Towers
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2016, 06:31:37 PM »

Don't recall the theremin but Bartleby is an absolute masterpiece.

Daly, Chicago 1968
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2016, 05:06:04 AM »

I thought John Corbett, when he played Chris Stevens, the local radio deejay on Northern Exposure (was that really 1990-1995?), had a resemblance to Dennis.

Bang on. I have always thought John Corbett would have made a great Dennis too.

I also agree with Ed though. Great documentaries > Awesome biopics.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx