gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 08:43:03 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian in the late '70s -early '80s.  (Read 5731 times)
petsite
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2016, 02:16:20 PM »

I know Brian had to tour because he needed the cash flow. He hated it. But he needed to do something during this time. We now know his actions, what ever they were, came from a brain that was just trying to survive mental illness. Drugs , anger and everything else was caused by that illness. Hell, there are still some from that time who don't believe Brian was truly ill.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 02:17:48 PM by petsite » Logged
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2016, 07:21:31 AM »

I have reviews for the majority of shows during that time but didn't have room for all of them in the book. I'll take a look in my files and see if there actually were any completely wilsonless shows pre 1984

While there appears not to be any specific citations on the setlist archive (or in your book), I definitely recall reading an account online from someone who had attended an early 1982 show with no Wilsons present. Carl hadn't returned (dunno if this was before or after the short run of early '82 shows where Carl returned and then left again for awhile), and this was the period where both Dennis and Brian's attendance was sporadic. It was a Foskett-era show as I recall, so it would be early '82 rather than late '81 (whatever show the account was discussing, it wasn't Sun City as far as I can remember).

Obviously no way to know for sure. Hopefully a contemporary review might shed some light, though I know reviews didn't always mentioned all members on stage, etc.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx