gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680750 Posts in 27614 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 05:59:43 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian Wilson: ‘The voices started after LSD’  (Read 22283 times)
Debbie KL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 25, 2016, 03:08:54 PM »

The comment was not directed at Brian Wilson but rather at some folks who believe what they want to believe, while the actual truth be damned.

That's how I took it as well. No matter how many times I read it, I do not see how it could have been directed towards Brian.

This is exhausting.  Thanks to more of the usual convoluted logic from the usual suspects.  It is headache inducing.  Do I have evidence of injury?
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 25, 2016, 03:26:58 PM »

The comment was not directed at Brian Wilson but rather at some folks who believe what they want to believe, while the actual truth be damned.

That's how I took it as well. No matter how many times I read it, I do not see how it could have been directed towards Brian.

It was a general statement and I pointed out how I didn't think it applied to Brian specifically since we were specifically discussing Brian.

"Bring me the head of Carmen Sandiego" Lynne "The Chief" Thigpen
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 26, 2016, 04:48:33 AM »

Maybe it will turn out Brian actually knows himself and something like the seemingly not yet well understood Hallucinogen Persisting Perception Disorder turns out to be the diagnosis and his insistence his auditory hallucinations are related to the few (or many, whichever) times he took LSD are the "reality testing" required for the causation of the diagnosis.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 05:05:02 AM by Cam Mott » Logged

Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 26, 2016, 07:14:13 AM »

I think 'insisting' is a mischaracterization.
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 26, 2016, 07:56:44 AM »

How about persistence?

"Maybe it will turn out Brian actually knows himself and something like the seemingly not yet well understood Hallucinogen Persisting Perception Disorder turns out to be the diagnosis and his persistence his auditory hallucinations are related to the few (or many, whichever) times he took LSD and are the "reality testing" required for the causation of the diagnosis."
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 10:16:37 AM by Cam Mott » Logged

Paul J B
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: August 03, 2016, 02:58:20 PM »

I paged through Leaf's Beach Boys book this morning and was surprised to see the paragraph about Landy diagnosing Brian as a paranoid schizophrenic based on Marilyn's description of Brian's behavior. The thing that jumped out was that this was Landy 1 during 15 big ones era. To the point of this post...I guess I assumed Landy considering Brian a paranoid schizophrenic happened during the Landy 2 eightees. Can anyone shed light as to wether or not Landy stood by his "diagnosis" of Brian during their entire relationship together? Hack that Landy was, it still seems weird to me that he would stand by that diagnosis for so long had he not believed it. Didn't anyone else question it?  Carl, Dennis...anyone or everyone else believe Landy's diagnosis accurate?
halblaineisgood
« Reply #106 on: August 03, 2016, 06:28:34 PM »

Hack that Landy was, it still seems weird to me that he would stand by that diagnosis for so long had he not believed it.
had he not believed that it would make him very wealthy
thorgil
Smiley Smile Associate

GREAT post, Rab!

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 04, 2016, 05:55:07 AM »

When all is said and done, I get only a two-word message from all this: "Poor Brian."

DIT, DIT, DIT, HEROES AND VILLAINS...
Paul J B
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 04, 2016, 11:32:05 AM »

Hack that Landy was, it still seems weird to me that he would stand by that diagnosis for so long had he not believed it.
had he not believed that it would make him very wealthy

I'll grant you that...yes. Landy was a slime and the big picture for him was getting rich at Brian's expense. That said, didn't anyone question Brian being diagnosed as a paranoid schizophrenic? That is a serious and major mental disorder. It's not like he was diagnosed with having pneumonia when he really only had a bad cold. I'm pondering this because it seems to me anyone close to Brian seemed to have accepted Landy's diagnosis even if he was off. If that is the case, then it would clear up a lot of the debate about Brian's state all the way back into the '60's. The debates about Brian just being a drug casualty and such.
halblaineisgood
« Reply #109 on: August 04, 2016, 12:43:06 PM »

n/m
« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 12:48:26 PM by halblaineisgood » Logged
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx