gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680599 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 11:29:01 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian on the front page of yahoo...  (Read 2850 times)
joshferrell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: June 13, 2016, 11:08:35 AM »

LOL this is typical Brian,,,,, so funny,,,, "Row row row your boat."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/brian-wilson-row-row-row-your-boat_us_575e93c7e4b0ced23ca87e84
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2016, 11:36:20 AM »

While not inflammatory in any way and a charming story, this is still sort of "click bait" stuff when the article is titled "The Strangest Thing Brian Wilson Has Ever Done." It's a little quirky thing that Brian has been doing on and off since 2000 (ironically, I saw him do this both last year and 16 years ago in 2000 during the first PS tour).

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2016, 12:21:42 PM »

If my memory serves me right he had the two halves of the audience singing it as a canon when he did it at Kenwood House in 2008.

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
BJL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2016, 01:00:48 PM »

I've seen Brian do the row row row your boat thing a few times, but I must say, in the past it was definitely a funny bit but seemed entirely planned out. in Brooklyn yesterday, between God Only Knows and I Know there's an Answer, it felt totally bizarre and spontaneous. Of course, that doesn't mean it wasn't planned, but it definitely had a different,much weirder, vibe at this show, at least to me! My take on the show in general was that Brian was in very poor voice compared to usual, but very high spirits.
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2016, 01:27:33 PM »

I've seen Brian do the row row row your boat thing a few times, but I must say, in the past it was definitely a funny bit but seemed entirely planned out. in Brooklyn yesterday, between God Only Knows and I Know there's an Answer, it felt totally bizarre and spontaneous. Of course, that doesn't mean it wasn't planned, but it definitely had a different,much weirder, vibe at this show, at least to me! My take on the show in general was that Brian was in very poor voice compared to usual, but very high spirits.

Everytime I have seen Brian do Row your Boat, it cracks me up, but I taught 4 and 5 year olds for a long time.  LOL

Hope Brian is not deterred by this knucklehead and keeps it in the show!  Wink
southbay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2016, 03:03:59 PM »

That's not remotely close to the strangest thing Brian has ever done.

Summer's gone...it's finally sinking in
The_Beach
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2016, 04:20:57 PM »

Does anyone know why Brian does Row Your Boat at his concerts? Is it always planned? It seems weird to do it in the middle of his pet sounds rendition portion of the show.
Eric Aniversario
Smiley Smile Associate

Keep the Summer Alive!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2016, 04:29:07 PM »

Does anyone know why Brian does Row Your Boat at his concerts? Is it always planned? It seems weird to do it in the middle of his pet sounds rendition portion of the show.

I feel like he does it to either break whatever tension people might be feeling, or to just purposely be funny and quirky.
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2016, 04:45:52 PM »

I feel like he does it to either break whatever tension people might be feeling, or to just purposely be funny and quirky.
Learning to sing "in a round" is one of the first things kids learned in school.  If I had to guess, Brian learned to sing "in the round," like Row, Row, Row your boat or Frere Jaques, as was taught universally.  Most of the adults in the audience "get it" and sing right along.  I find it fun.  I guess in a way it was a prototype by which he taught each Beach Boy his part. You had to keep singing your own part and not drift into the next person's part.   
MrRobinsonsFather
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2016, 08:45:49 PM »

I'm guessing Row your Boat is played because during the time of Pet Sounds Brian had the Honeys sing it just like the way in his concerts.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 08:47:14 PM by MrRobinsonsFather » Logged
Cool Cool Water
Smiley Smile Associate

Don't Edit Yourself

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2016, 12:03:53 AM »

I've seen Brian do that a many times in the past as well Fun stuff!
BJL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2016, 09:56:42 AM »

Everytime I have seen Brian do Row your Boat, it cracks me up, but I taught 4 and 5 year olds for a long time.  LOL

Hope Brian is not deterred by this knucklehead and keeps it in the show!  Wink

Didn't mean to imply that I didn't love it! Just that it was weird Smiley The two go together quite nicely in Beach Boys land.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx