gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
622791 Posts in 25044 Topics by 3556 Members - Latest Member: 13thBB December 15, 2017, 01:42:50 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Welcome thread  (Read 39978 times)
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Perhaps I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #300 on: September 28, 2017, 05:58:40 AM »

Just saw this. There was a hurricane (Irma) that caused some problems with family members in Florida.
The other issue was my Mother's health. Lots of tests, and some not good news.
Anyway I've been in "La La Land" lately.

So sorry to hear about your mother, Elizabeth.

I think that makes sense. (Let's pretend I didn't just contribute to that thread.) Realistically speaking, I think sometimes as listeners or fans we get too cute by half. "It's good, but it would be better if only..." said the guy who is speaking for himself only, pretending the objective world is his subjective world. Maybe we ought to give the guys who have been doing this professionally for 50+ years the benefit of the doubt.

Say what you like about the what if, survivor, worst and weirdest topics but they make life so much easier when deciding where to post. Grin 

"I don't want to go out. I want to stay in. Get things done." (David Bowie)
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #301 on: September 28, 2017, 06:13:23 AM »

By the way, that last post of mine was referring to this:
An interesting read, the "Pick 3 songs" topic. Seriously.

However...

I just thought Mike's Boys put on a great show last June (as did Brian and band in 2008). They did what they did. And what they didn't do etc.

I could've been more clear.

Demon-Fighting Genius, Patronizing Twaddler, Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick, and Sensationalist Dullard, and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #302 on: September 28, 2017, 07:30:53 AM »

However...

I just thought Mike's Boys put on a great show last June (as did Brian and band in 2008). They did what they did. And what they didn't do etc.

It was very clear to me, cap'n. Maybe I wasn't being altogether clear when I responded to it. LOL

the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #303 on: September 28, 2017, 07:47:51 AM »

However...

It was very clear to me, cap'n. Maybe I wasn't being altogether clear when I responded to it. LOL

I want to respond in kind with some kind of semiapologetic clarification, that'd just be silly.

Demon-Fighting Genius, Patronizing Twaddler, Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick, and Sensationalist Dullard, and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #304 on: September 29, 2017, 03:34:51 AM »

However...

I want to respond in kind with some kind of semiapologetic clarification, that'd just be silly.

Haha. It's all grist to the mill of the Welcome Thread, you know. ;=)

JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #305 on: October 28, 2017, 04:46:45 PM »

Another heartwarmingly informative topic: "Hal Blaine, Larry King - 1990". Gives one hope for Smiley's future.

guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #306 on: October 28, 2017, 08:24:49 PM »

Another heartwarmingly informative topic: "Hal Blaine, Larry King - 1990". Gives one hope for Smiley's future.

JK, it's my hope that one day the kind of inaccurate statements and outright false claims as are pushed back and corrected in the topic you mentioned will inspire the same kind of pushback and corrections to be applied to the outright nonsense and falsehoods that certain members of another place you visit have been spreading and repeating to gullible fans for years. Everything from the handlers to being controlled and drugged to who actually produced certain albums, never mind the outright personal slander on family and kids. The fact those people most responsible for spreading that crap aren't here is the kind of hope that already happened and which maybe someday you'll realize the benefits of.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 08:25:52 PM by guitarfool2002 » Logged

"Every single person who criticized Brian for having She & Him, Kacey Musgraves, Sebu and Nate Ruess guesting on his solo album can now officially go heartily f*** themselves." - Wirestone

"I will never change with what I think happened in here and you will never convince me otherwise." - Dr. Beach Boy.
"There was no up front fees, period. swedishfrog  and I paid for the domain name. As of June 19, 2016 at 4:32pm edt, that is all I was charged for." - Dr. Beach Boy
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx