gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680555 Posts in 27596 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 19, 2024, 06:49:43 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Welcome thread  (Read 251725 times)
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: April 09, 2017, 11:23:55 AM »

Nah! Mary's OK. Trust me.

Yes, Mary's okay. She reminds me to enjoy the simple things in life, and stop constantly fretting about the #%?¥\>! going on in the world today.

Thanks, Elizabeth.

Folks, am I right in thinking that RR posted an answer and then deleted it?

In other instances I always try to remember to "quote" her when answering her posts as I like a modicum of continuity in my thread. Grin

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 09, 2017, 11:31:03 AM »

We all need more art walks! Grin

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: April 10, 2017, 02:26:30 AM »

Folks, am I right in thinking that RR posted an answer and then deleted it?
Yep. There I said that Mary's real life stuff doesn't matter. She may be nice, smart, sweet, by all accounts, we could be pals but in message board, she appears to me as troll & spammer. Obviously, didn't speak for whole SSMB. I said exactly what I think of her threads & posts. Just like what you & Elizabeth did. No cheesy defense towards posters you like will make me change my perception. & that's that.

Blame my "cheesy defense" on my love of wonderful blue cheese!

Blue cheese will make you sprout hair in places you never knew you had.

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: April 10, 2017, 06:38:28 AM »

Blame my "cheesy defense" on my love of wonderful blue cheese!
Ha, should I say now you've got cheesy sense of humor? :D

NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 10, 2017, 07:16:18 AM »

Made my day!
 LOL

"No White Flags." - Team Gleason

"(Brian) got into this really touching music with songs like 'In My Room', and 'Good Vibrations' was amazing. The melodies are so beautiful, almost perfect. I began to realize he was one of the most gifted writers of our generation." - Paul Simon

"The best thing you can be 'like' in music is yourself." Dr. John
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: April 11, 2017, 04:27:33 AM »

What's your fave PS topic? To me, "Obscure music", "Discuss BBs song per day", few others.

Right now they have a great one about album covers.

Poor Surfin' USA is getting a little bit of a lambasting from some posters. It's my second favourite (after Surf's Up)...
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 07:19:17 AM by JK » Logged

feelsflow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 11, 2017, 06:17:46 AM »

Strange how all the early album covers were not even included in the poll.  I decided not to join in.  Sure couldn't call it a good thread.  Too many find too
much to dislike about The Beach Boys.  I find too much to love.

I love the Beach Boys Today! photo session.  All Summer Long is another favorite cover.  Always loved the Pet Sounds cover, front and back.

They made fun of another favorite, Summer Days (And Summer Nights!!).  Their Christmas album, another very favorite cover session, is also getting
a right trouncing in the albums poll.  I don't get it.  Some people welcome The Beach Boys into their lives, some people settle for a greatest hits package
with a  photo shop cover.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 06:20:00 AM by feelsflow » Logged

...if you are honest - you have no idea where childhood ends and maturity begins.  It is all endless and all one.  ~ P.L. Travers        And, let's get this out of the way now, everything I post is my opinion.  ~ Will
Silken
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 11, 2017, 06:25:24 AM »

What's your fave PS topic? To me, "Obscure music", "Discuss BBs song per day", few others.

Right now they have a great one about albums covers.

Thank you, John. Too bad we don't get to know your opinions there  Sad
Silken
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 11, 2017, 06:27:37 AM »

Strange how all the early album covers were not even included in the poll.  I decided not to join in.  Sure couldn't call it a good thread.  Too many find too

I love the Beach Boys Today! photo session.  All Summer Long is another favorite cover.  Always loved the Pet Sounds cover, front and back.

They made fun of another favorite, Summer Days (And Summer Nights!!).  Their Christmas album, another very favorite cover session, is also getting
a right trouncing in the albums poll.  I don't get it.  Some people welcome The Beach Boys into their lives, some people settle for a greatest hits package
with a  photo shop cover.

Hi feelsflow,
We have a new thread now (not the poll) where we discuss the album covers one by one. I'd love to read your opinions.
Wata
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 11, 2017, 07:03:05 AM »

You MUST check Alternate Tracklists & Sequence thread and Your Personal SMiLE mix thread on PSF. Great discussions are going on these threads.

BTW, I found an awful post that said PS tour is boring and BBs should do SIP tour instead on SIP tour thread. The posters' name was... well... uh... Watamushi!?

(Check the date I posted. Actually I thought it was a joke thread and I somehow posted a joke post there...)

P.S. Don't forget to check Love You Thread there Grin
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 07:08:49 AM by Watamushi » Logged
Wata
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 11, 2017, 07:04:16 AM »

Too many find too
much to dislike about The Beach Boys. I find too much to love.
Exactly Cheesy
« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 03:20:48 AM by Watamushi » Logged
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: April 11, 2017, 07:28:33 AM »

Albums covers? Oops!

Yes, well... When I try to explain why, it only tends to make things worse. Thankfully, there are enlightened posters like your good self, Will, Watamushi, Mari, The Horse and others, who post at both boards. There is now a bridge where there used to be a wall. :=)   

Wata
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 11, 2017, 07:35:01 AM »

Albums covers? Oops!

Yes, well... When I try to explain why, it only tends to make things worse. Thankfully, there are enlightened posters like your good self, Will, Watamushi, Mari, The Horse and others, who post at both boards. There is now a bridge where there used to be a wall. :=)   
That really is a good thing for both forum. I strongly hope to see peace between these two, and I'm glad if I can work for making it so.
BTW, who's Mari? I don't recognize his/her name. I'm glad if you let me know.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 07:35:39 AM by Watamushi » Logged
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: April 11, 2017, 08:00:10 AM »

Albums covers? Oops!

That really is a good thing for both forum. I strongly hope to see peace between these two, and I'm glad if I can work for making it so.
BTW, who's Mari? I don't recognize his/her name. I'm glad if you let me know.

Mari is the famous undercover-m.

Wata
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: April 11, 2017, 08:12:15 AM »

Mari is the famous undercover-m.
I see. Thanks.
feelsflow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 11, 2017, 08:15:49 AM »

with a  photo shop cover.

Hi feelsflow,
We have a new thread now (not the poll) where we discuss the album covers one by one. I'd love to read your opinions.
Silken,  I am talking about the Album Covers thread at PSF.  Sorry if it confused you.  I meant thread not poll.  The very one that
does not include any of the early album covers I love.

I instead posted my thoughts on the subject here.  And so you know, you know me.  I'm Will Harris everywhere but here at Smiley.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 08:19:33 AM by feelsflow » Logged

...if you are honest - you have no idea where childhood ends and maturity begins.  It is all endless and all one.  ~ P.L. Travers        And, let's get this out of the way now, everything I post is my opinion.  ~ Will
Silken
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 11, 2017, 08:50:00 AM »

with a  photo shop cover.

Hi feelsflow,
Silken,  I am talking about the Album Covers thread at PSF.  Sorry if it confused you.  I meant thread not poll.  The very one that
does not include any of the early album covers I love.

I instead posted my thoughts on the subject here.  And so you know, you know me.  I'm Will Harris everywhere but here at Smiley.

LOL Oh, obviously I had no idea. Hi, Will!
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 11, 2017, 09:22:37 AM »

Thankfully, there are enlightened posters like your good self, Will, Watamushi, Mari, The Horse and others, who post at both boards.

Eek! I forgot to name the captain----shame on you, JK!

the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: April 11, 2017, 09:24:57 AM »

I forgive you.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
feelsflow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: April 11, 2017, 09:47:32 AM »

I'm wherever I can find a post worth reply.  More difficult for me than you might think.

And Silken, I'm feelsflow at John's beachboysforum, as well.  I did add my real name the other day, but it probably confuses more than makes clear.

I'm a nowhere man...

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: April 11, 2017, 10:32:10 AM »

Your name is Will, man! Grin

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 11, 2017, 12:14:00 PM »

Your name is Will, man! Grin

And where there's a Will there's a way. ;=)

feelsflow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: April 11, 2017, 12:22:46 PM »

A way forward, through the dark sea... to Pepperland.

JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 12, 2017, 02:15:09 AM »

Wauw! Petje af, Yorick. En in een gebouw van Herman Hertzberger ook. ;=)  

Can you translate this? Sorry it kinda bedevils to see 2 natives talking as if nobody else exists.

I am not a native, for starters. But I try to rule out bedevilment whenever I can. So I shall translate it:

"Wow! Kudos, Yorick. And in a building designed by [world-famous Dutch architect] Herman Hertzberger to boot!" [wink]
« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 04:31:20 AM by JK » Logged

Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: April 12, 2017, 03:57:55 AM »

You really like pushing it, huh?

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 21 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx