gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680555 Posts in 27596 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 19, 2024, 08:48:03 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slowness with the Smile theme...  (Read 2138 times)
37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« on: August 01, 2022, 10:11:49 PM »

Wasn't sure where to bring this up, but for the past few months I've noticed that about 23 out of 24 hours a day, the board took literally several minutes per click to load. Turns out it was the Smile theme. I switched to the default theme (I totally forgot that I was using an alternate theme -- I set everything up many years ago and never thought about it other than I wondered why people refer to this as the "black board" sometimes!) and that solved the issue. So if anybody's experiencing weird slowness here, try switching the theme. (Any chance the Smile theme will be fixed?)

Check out my podcasts: Tune X Podcast (tunex.fab4it.com) and Autobiography of a Schnook (SchnookPodcast.com); there are worse things you can do!
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2022, 06:17:37 AM »

I've been using the bricks theme, which is another light background theme, if that's what you need. (I can sure understand the appeal of a Smile theme, tho.) I have difficulty reading light text on dark backgrounds, so dark themes like the default one don't work for me.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx