gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680751 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 20, 2024, 12:47:56 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Song: Read Another Way  (Read 2658 times)
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: June 10, 2016, 05:47:59 PM »

Zach drums.

https://soundcloud.com/the-beau-mondes/read-another-way

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
feelsflow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2016, 09:22:43 PM »

That's a very impressive track, captain.  Zach had told me today he wouldn't be putting up a song, then you give us a really good Rocker!  To me, it sounds like something from 1975, which means modern Indie to most of us.  Indie music mixes up all the old styles and throws them back at us.  The same thing was used to describe The Beatles in the early 60's.
You and Zach work well together.  That is one of the best vocals I've heard you do.  Must have been feeling good that night, huh?  The harmonies really fit.  good luck on the next one. -Will

...if you are honest - you have no idea where childhood ends and maturity begins.  It is all endless and all one.  ~ P.L. Travers        And, let's get this out of the way now, everything I post is my opinion.  ~ Will
zachrwolfe
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2016, 10:35:38 PM »

« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 07:24:35 PM by zatch » Logged
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2016, 02:39:07 AM »

Good to see you again, cap'n (the man who gave me Hissing Fauna...)

Lovely harmonies in there. I see The Beau Mondes have been around for at least a decade:

http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,2515.msg48348.html#msg48348

Oh, and belated happy 18th birthday, Zach. :=) 

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2016, 06:56:02 AM »

That is one of the best vocals I've heard you do.  Must have been feeling good that night, huh? 

Thank you. Actually I have been sick, coughing and congested, and not in the mood to belabor it, did each vocal part in one take, just to get it over with. I guess my laziness paid off. Huzzah.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2016, 06:57:49 AM »

Good to see you again, cap'n (the man who gave me Hissing Fauna...)

Lovely harmonies in there. I see The Beau Mondes have been around for at least a decade:

http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,2515.msg48348.html#msg48348

Not sure how "back" I am, but neither am I quite gone. But thank you for the compliments. As for the Beau Mondes, they've either been around a decade or never at all. Intended initially as a real band, the keyboardist moved and I just sort of stopped going along those lines. It's been strictly an internet/recording name since then.

orange22
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2016, 06:55:35 PM »

Cool blend of styles on this. I especially like the contrast of the overdriven guitar against the very smooth vocals.
The bridge is great and again nicely contrasted against the rest of the song. Good stuff.
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2016, 01:59:37 PM »

Cool blend of styles on this. I especially like the contrast of the overdriven guitar against the very smooth vocals.
The bridge is great and again nicely contrasted against the rest of the song. Good stuff.

Thank you, I appreciate that.

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx