gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680747 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 12:01:12 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: GV boxed set - disc 6  (Read 3034 times)
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« on: July 19, 2006, 10:01:47 PM »

what was on it? i think it was available only in the UK...what's the disc/cover art look like? (scans if applicable)...i wanna say it was only things that were actually popular in the uk like here comes the nite (disco), tears in the morning, and lady lynda; can't think of anything else.

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2006, 10:08:11 PM »

5 tracks :
1. Bluebirds Over The Mountain
2. Tears In The Morning
3. Here Comes The Night (12'' version)
4. Lady Lynda
5. Sumahama

I'll send the scans later.

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2006, 10:41:59 PM »

3 pictures...

[attachment deleted by admin]

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
peerke
Smiley Smile Associate

Pom-pi-dom-pi-dom

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2006, 11:03:52 PM »

I bought my box in Belgium, the week it was released. Got it for what would be now some 45 euro! 

I seem to remember that there was a sticker on the shrink-wrap saying that the bonus cd was extra with songs popular in Holland!

smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2006, 12:46:52 AM »

I bought my box in Belgium, the week it was released. Got it for what would be now some 45 euro! 

I seem to remember that there was a sticker on the shrink-wrap saying that the bonus cd was extra with songs popular in Holland!

really? I always thought it was for the British market specifically or otherwise for the European market. I didn't check, but I thought Bluebirds on this bonus-cd is the regular single mix and not the "wrong" Dutch mix. Tears was a big hit overhere, but the others weren't. In the UK Lady Lynda was successful.

El Goodo
Smiley Smile Associate

coffee man

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2006, 06:19:42 AM »

I thought it was Uk only as well, Sumahama also went top 10 in the UK Shocked.
When I bought my box originally there was meh triangular sticker as well like the logo on the bonus cd and front on main box. Had to buy it again a couple of years later again with no sticker or bonus cd, debatedly better without either Grin
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2006, 09:58:09 AM »

When I bought my box originally there was meh triangular sticker as well like the logo on the bonus cd and front on main box. Had to buy it again a couple of years later again with no sticker or bonus cd, debatedly better without either Grin

UK chart placings:

Bluebirds - #33
Tears In The Morning - didn't chart
HTCN - #37 (the single edit, not this version)
Lady Lynda - #6
Sumahama - #45

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2006, 10:18:44 AM »

in addition to that:
Chartsuccess in The Netherlands:
Bluebirds ("Dutch" mix): #9
Tears: #6
HCTN / Lady Lynda / Sumahama: did not chart (well, actually tip-parade, which means: did almost chart)

El Goodo
Smiley Smile Associate

coffee man

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2006, 10:45:23 AM »

UK chart placings:

Bluebirds - #33
Tears In The Morning - didn't chart
HTCN - #37 (the single edit, not this version)
Lady Lynda - #6
Sumahama - #45

ha ha! I deserved that after correcting you the other week, I meant Lady Lynda  Cheesy , both songs are slices of chedder though.

edit : dont you mean HCTN .

pedantically yours

el goodo
« Last Edit: July 20, 2006, 10:47:09 AM by El Goodo » Logged
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2006, 10:55:12 AM »

edit : dont you mean HCTN .

Mebbe yes, mebbe no... 

w00t!

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Compost
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2006, 11:11:02 AM »

Wow, a bonus disc with 5 horrible songs.  I'm glad they excluded it from my boxset.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx